1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Body Shop recommendations?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Nero, Oct 16, 2015.

1. Nero

Nero Member

So, someone apparently lost a propane tank, or freon tank, or something like that, and left it sitting in the middle of the HOV lane last night.. smashed into it, it pretty much destroyed the front end body of the car, unavoidable.

So, talking to the insurance company today, getting claims started, all that mess.

But now I need a good place for body shop work that will work with reducing the deductible.

Any of you guys have any recommendations? I know Apollo advertises, and they said they would help some, but it's all the way on the other side of Houston.. the distance doesn't bother me so much, I just don't know who is good and trustworthy and who works around large deductibles.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated. I just don't want to make an expensive mistake, know what I mean?

Thanks guys

2. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Dang, something similar happened to me. Hit a giant piece of metal on 290 and did major damage.

I went Brookstone Body Shop. They seem pretty good so far. They work on nice cars so I guess rich people trust them

1 person likes this.
  3. FishBulb913

FishBulb913 Contributing Member

How far are you willing to go? There's a good place in Pearland that will help you with the deductible, but fair warning they are pretty slow.

4. K LoLo

K LoLo Member

I used Memorial Collision on Dairy Ashford when I needed some minor work. It wasn't anything major, but they had the best prices after shopping around and seemed like good people.

1 person likes this.
  5. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

Aquilina on Dallas. The guy is cheap and honest to a fault, and I can't recommend him highly enough. Charged me half of what Apollo wanted for the same work. He's also a great mechanic.

1 person likes this.
  6. codell

codell Contributing Member

Be warned that shops that save deductibles dont just eat that money they will take it out of the repairs in areas you cant see.