1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Board posters are just clueless...Knee jerk reactions to draft picks.

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Mr.Scarface, Apr 25, 2019.

1. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

2. Remix

Remix Member

31st page....

/humblebrag

arkoe, BigShasta, awc713 and 12 others like this.
  3. marks0223

marks0223 2017 and 2022 World Series Champions
    Supporting Member

4. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

5. ghettocheeze

ghettocheeze Member

I was right there with you on the 31st page my man.

LOL. Only a few posts down...

Remix, Blatz, Houstunna and 2 others like this.
  6. Nimo

Nimo Member

We're not clueless; we just can't see into the future. It's a reaction based on what we know. We live in the here and now. And we react in it. That's what the message boards are for. It's a knee-jerk reaction, not a knee-jerk judgement.

My reaction: I don't mind having Howard but two things stink about this pick. The fact that the Eagles were more aggressive and jumped the Texans to get a player they presumably both wanted. And as far as we know no other team had Howard in the 1st round and the Texans could have traded down like some other teams did. If they picked Howard at 1-28 or something like that, it would have eased the letdown.

7. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Falcons poster on BRB said they would have taken him at 31

8. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Troll threads troll.

red5rocket likes this.
  9. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Football I feel is the hardest to predict how guys will be so I'm usually eh on every pick.

Although, I will say that this FO has not inspired a lot of confidence with the Oline.

Only thing that really bothers me is that every year teams jump over us. Can we not telegraph our picks so much? I mean yeah, everyone knows we were going to need linemen but can the Texans FO send out some whispers that we've fallen in love with some random DB?

10. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Also it didn't help that 80% of the mock drafts had Dillard going to the Texans.

11. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Yeah, and I read these throughout the year randomly. A lot of times guys will hear about who they think a team has fallen for. The Texans are doing something wrong here, it happens every year.

Clearly the Texans had more needs than Oline, they could have sent some smokescreens that they liked a few DBs as well, but all year long we were projected to draft linemen.

12. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

You don’t screw around after your first choice is taken. U don’t know if someone else WANTED TO TRADE UP. U have to have a trade partner.

13. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

And EVERY the Texans have been RIGHT to stay where they are. When they move up, it has paid off, but they have a plan and stuck to it. Texans haven’t gotten the wrong....in the last 13 years. They are VERY good at it.

14. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

Of course there was that one poster who would literally complain in every post about the Texans always trading up also.

15. conquistador#11

look let's juerk juerk to our posts.
    " Can't go wrong with Wisconsin players, pencil him in for the 2013 pro bowl."
    what an idiot! I was a year off.

16. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

[Premium Post]
    Wow, re-reading those reactions to the Watt pick, the best pick in franchise history, is shocking. There were many openly racist reactions to selecting Watt, and many other reactions that were inspired by his race. That is very sad and disappointing that such ignorance was revealed at that time. @coachbadlee , @WhoMikeJames , @SamFisher

With Tytus Howard, the negative reactions are not racially motivated. The reactions are motivated by the fact that we selected a third round talent in the first round and that we got a raw project and not an immediate starter (desperately needed). We all hope we are wrong and he turns into a pro bowler.

GOOD DAY

17. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

3rd round eval was by some. Others had him as a 1st rounder. Opinions are like assholes......

And leave it to you to bring race into it.

18. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

[Premium Post]
    No sir, I didn't bring race into it, others did. I called it out for what it was - inappropriate. Can you imagine if the shoe were on the other foot and posters were complaining about taking a player of a different race? Wow.

There is ample reason to be disappointed by the Tytus Howard selection:
    1. Getting jumped 1 pick before we selected our guy (Dillard)
    2. Tytus being defined almost universally as being "raw" and "needing time to develop". We need starters in Round 1.
    3. Bad value - he could have been selected in Round 2
    4. Drafting for need - reaching for need - instead of taking BPA

GOOD DAY

The Real Shady and Nimo like this.
  19. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

You keep on telling yourself that...go reread all of your first page posts...

SWTsig, LonghornFan and Nook like this.
  20. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

To be fair, O'Brien also seems pretty clueless.

SWTsig and Houstunna like this.