1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Bluetooth Stereo Headsets With Mic?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Xerobull, Oct 18, 2016.

1. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

I'm in the market for a new headset with a mic, earbuds, not over-ear.

I want it all- great sound for music, good battery life, lightweight, sweatproof, etc.

What do I buy?

2. The Boz

The Boz Member

3. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Jaybird X2's are great. I use them for work/travel and working out. it's on sale right now for $80

4. Eric Riley

Eric Riley Contributing Member

5. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

Yeah, these.

I'll be getting these or the AirPods once they've both been released and more widely reviewed.

6. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Might as well turn this into a general headphone thread.

MPOW Cheetah are wrap arounds that are really inexpensive. I'm on my second pair in as many years, which isn't bad for the price. I use them to workout and run in since ear buds don't seem to stay in my ears very well. After these crap out I may upgrade to a more expensive pair.
    www.amazon.com/Mpow-Cheetah-Headphones-Earphones-Retail-Packaging-Black/dp/B00QXT7JOC

I don't understand those kinds that rest around people's neck and rest on their collars, but everyone seems to use them.

7. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

I'm still using my Motorola HD S9 ......I've had these things since around 2009 or so....at least.

8. Xerobull

9. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

another recommendations for Mpow headphones, great quality, can find them once in awhile on Slickdeals for $10-15

I've been using these lately by Jarv, work great for me

10. Xerobull

I'm going to grab a pair of these tonight. My co-worker uses them daily and I'm impressed by the size and weight. They have them at Best Buy so if they stink a return will be easy.

I'm interested in the Bragis but I need a more immediate solution and don't feel like waiting for The Headphone or paying $300 for The Dash (Unless someone can sell me on them in the next hour)

11. Eric Riley

I was an Early Bird backer for the Dash on Kickstarter. One of the best decisions I ever made. Granted, there were minor issues with the headphones right out of the gate, but the Bragi team has been behind their product with constant updates and replacements for nonfunctioning earphones.

I wouldn't get the Dash unless you wanted health monitoring and stuff. The Headphones by themselves will allow you to connect via bluetooth and you should still be able to make calls, which is more than enough. The sound quality is great, and you wouldn't realize how much even the wired "wireless" bluetooth headphones can get in the way of a good workout until you've had these truly wireless earphones.

12. Xerobull

Thanks. I read some reviews on Amazon and there are some serious concerns on the Dash Bluetooth range.

And while I'm not an audiophile, I do love some good range in my headphones, especially bass. How is the sound for music? I'm coming from a wired Klipsch Reference S4i Premium In-Ear Noise-Isolating Headphones with Microphone, so my standards are fairly high.

I am interested in all of the extra bells and whistles. You're selling me on it. I did get the Jaybird X2s today but I'm not in love with them yet.

13. Eric Riley

Yeah, there have definitely been bluetooth range issues for me since the beginning and I'll admit that's one major flaw. But this has improved a bit through Bragi's updates. Still not perfect, though.

I can't speak for the audio quality of the Bragi Headphones, but as a bit of an audiophile I'd say that my pair of the Dash earphones are great mainly because of the audio app and equalizer that I use on my phone. But as with any bluetooth headphones, the quality just isn't as great as wired headphones - especially like the Klipsch ones you mentioned (I've had a kickass pair of Klipsch earphones too).

In truth, I don't want to sound like a spokesperson for Bragi. I'd urge you to do as much research as you can. If you're absolutely sure you wanna get a pair, lemme know. I'll give you my coupon code for a $20 discount off the Bragi Headphones (not Dash).

Xerobull likes this.
  14. Xerobull

Taking the Jaybird X2's back. The range is pretty good but the bass isn't there. Also, i don't like the earbud portion- it just doesn't penetrate my ear canal nice and deep the way I like it.

What else is out there?

15. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

[​IMG]

16. Xerobull

17. Svpernaut

Svpernaut Contributing Member

Turtle Beach is the brand I've gone to recently and have been pleased.