1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Blaming the Refs is the lazy way of avoiding the truth

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tinman, Feb 22, 2019.

?

What is our problem?

1. Defense

51 vote(s)
    39.2%
  2. coaching

28 vote(s)
    21.5%
  3. personel

25 vote(s)
    19.2%
  4. ownership

21 vote(s)
    16.2%
  5. general manager

5 vote(s)
    3.8%
  1. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

I think it's reasonable to say at this point that there is an obvious bias Scott Foster has against the Rockets. The statistics are irrefutable.

But you're right. The team is mentally weak. They have no swagger and no confidence playing with a lead. I have to think it's a mental thing at this point, because the game wasn't close. We had a 19 point lead. But this year...you can easily predict the lead will be blown. Happens every game.

RyanB likes this.
  2. YOLO

YOLO Member

the answer was odd

3. aliadiere25

aliadiere25 Member

We're not just blaming the officials..... but Foster completely lost his way in the 4th quarter. He did make it personal.

RyanB likes this.
  4. malakas

malakas Member

I don't blame "the refs".
    I blame A ref.

Each case should be judged individually.
    I can't understand how one could see yesterday's game and believe the Rockets had a chance to win.
    I don't care how many points lead they had, Foster would make sure it would evaporate with phantom fouls.

RyanB likes this.
  5. YaoMingsSoulja

Its true man. The Rockets have been folding under the pressure. They're looking to blame the refs when in reality, they've been a terrible road team. I still believe that the plague of injuries has really kept them from developing any sort of chemistry. But there are still plenty of games to right the ship here and get back to winning ways. Learn to hold leads and stop the momentum when opposing teams go on runs. They need to figure this out because the playoffs are around the corner. Big game on Saturday against the Dubs. Lets see what this team is made of. Show some god damn grit!

6. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

2 things can be true simultaneously.

You can blame the refs if they have contributed to issues.

AND

You can blame cold shooting. And the lack of defense/rebounding that can't be maintained to makeup for the cold shooting (which was the case last year).

There can be context and nuance.

EDIT: The poll should be multiple choice because the issues aren't black and white. They are shades of grey. Yes defense is the big issue. But part of that is personnel. Morey picks the personnel and Tilman has restrictions. They are ALL complicit here.

7. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You and I know that Dream got fouled like 500 times a game in the 90s
    And we know the NBA was obviously against the Rockets cause we didn't sell shoes

And you and I know that this very board, which newbs are b****ing about the refs was built because Dream and the Rockets
    manned up

Will likes this.
  8. tinman

Supporting Member

Jake ODonell had it against Clyde Drexler so bad that the mayor's wife called David Stern.

It's just amazing how people act like this is something new.

You are right, the Rockets games are predictable .
    We get a big lead, then when we cool off and play no defense, we lose, then it becomes hero ball.

RyanB and J Sizzle like this.
  9. tinman

Supporting Member

How many times did the refs forget to call ILLEGAL DEFENSE against the teams playing the Rockets?

10. dmoneybangbang

Like most things, it’s complicated.

I don’t doubt Harden is doing the “game plan” which is to let him and CP3 run QB out there. I just think Harden moreso needs to playmake more.

I thought CP3 did a better job of running the offense and taking what the defense gave last night. I understand and believe in our 3pt to a certain degree. However, we got two elite PNR ball handlers with Capela and Faried. We should go to that more so than step back 3s at this point.

tinman likes this.
  11. ballsohard

ballsohard Member

I lost all confidence in the coach why do you keep people out there who dosent have it that night down the stretch unless its Paul harden or capela. Also this team is not aggressive at all with the moves they made this season since the beginning. Dm think every players is going to accept these minimum ass 3 year deals then get mad when they dont. House could of helped in alot of these games because he dont just Jack up 3 he will drive the lane. Wish they will stop insulting our intelligence with the half ass aggressiveness

tinman likes this.
  12. bleedroxred79

bleedroxred79 Member

Bingo. I really think it's a coaching issue/philosophy. Make some freaking adjustments please. You can't run the same crap over and over again if it's not working.

pippendagimp likes this.
  13. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

Our team defense has only been good in two years during the Harden era and both of those years, we went to the WCF.

It's not a coincidence.

14. luckyman76

luckyman76 Member

We can hold people accountable for the things for which they are accountable. The Rockets lost this game and Game 7 because of Scott Foster. The games were rigged. OVERALL (and this could apply to almost every game), the Rockets are heavily flawed because of a poor defensive identity that has cost them many games this season and will likely derail the rest of the season. It also wrecks the offense because the Rockets derive team identity and flow from playing D.

Daryl Morey is to blame for his poor decisions and lack of ability to utilize assets to acquire length and defensive ability in transactions. Much of this is the result of prior failures of Morey and being compromised by the horrible owner TF. Coaching is also largely to blame in constantly enabling the team breakdown in 3rd Q.

RyanB likes this.
  15. jim petersen84

tv networks paid big money for playoff rights. lakers vs warr 1st will shatter any 1st rd rating series ever. nba refs been cheating for the lakers all year

RyanB likes this.
  16. tinman

Supporting Member

I agree

I want a more balanced attack and CP3 back to form. We really don’t need all those threes

17. tinman

Supporting Member

We’re not going to drop to the 8 seed
    Unless Harden gets hurt, that’s not going to happen

18. tinman

Supporting Member

It’s not good if Daniel House is big difference for us.
    I hope this is not he case and Shumpert plays at higher level

19. Audioout

Audioout Member

Yes, the refs helped steal the game for LA. But we're trying to be a championship team or at least be competitive with one. LA isn't good, at all. We had no business losing to LA one way or the other.

RyanB likes this.
  20. Mathloom

Mathloom Contributing Member

The Warriors have a much worse record when Foster refs than when he doesn't. Let me know how this inconvenient truth factors into the conspiracy.