1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    Jalen Green looks like a legit star, Amen Thompson is shining and the Rockets have found something without Alperen Sengun. Clutch is talking about the 10-game winning streak at 11:00am as we talk Rockets live!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!

Black Friday 2018

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Eric Riley, Nov 1, 2018.

1. Eric Riley

Eric Riley Contributing Member

tinman, RasaqBoi and Daddy Long Legs like this.
  2. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Any TV deals?

3. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

RasaqBoi likes this.
  4. Svpernaut

Svpernaut Contributing Member

Thanks to RDR2, I'm on the lookout for a 4K HDR TV, and an Xbox One X.

5. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Thanks. Not picky.... just something for the room. I was aiming in the 300-500 range.

Don’t think I’ve seen Lower deals than that on Black Fridays ?

6. Svpernaut

Svpernaut Contributing Member

Sales leaks are just starting, won't know the absolute best deals until that week.

RasaqBoi likes this.
  7. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Costco is having a sale on the One x

DudeWah likes this.
  8. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

If you guys don't already know about it, there are sites like

http://www.bfads.net where they have scanned ads (https://www.bfads.net/Black-Friday)
    https://slickdeals.net/blackfriday/ The slickdeals.net Black Friday forums where they have discussions and scanned ads

Both of those sites also posts an Excel spreadsheet that you can search for deals. Or they have in the past, not sure they're doing it yet or not.

You can also try : https://blackfriday.com/ads/black-friday

There are others out there, too, of course.

9. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Start scanning Amazon a week or so before Black Friday. Last year I got an Instant Pot about 2-3 days before Black Friday (I think), and the price was a few bucks cheaper than during the Black Friday sale. I think I got it for something like $60-$65 for the 6 qt. DUO Also, Prime Day this year had a crazy deal on the that one for under $60.

BTW, the Instant Pot DUO 6qt I mention above is on sale on Amazon for $69.95 right now on Amazon if you want it. Regular price is usually $90-$100, I think.

Eric Riley likes this.
  10. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

Ok, I haven't done Black Friday in a while, but I figured it's worth a shot now. I'm moving into a new home in December and need a full appliance package. Is it best to fight in a store that day or will there be internet deals for that type of stuff? Do they even typically have good deals on appliances around this time?

11. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

It will be a good time for appliances. The online deals will be good but maybe the store deals will be crazy. I haven't fought the crowds in years. Costco is my go-to place for appliances these days. Their return policy is great.

Icehouse likes this.
  12. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

Walmart and Target released their ads 2 days ago, nothing out of the ordinary as far as deals

https://www.bfads.net/stores/walmart/ads/black-friday

https://www.bfads.net/stores/best-buy/ads/black-friday

The only surprise for me is that Disney NEVER has their 4K Disc/Blu-Rays on sale for BF, but has Ant Man/Black Panter/Infinity War on 4K for $15 each, Blu-Ray for $7 each at Best Buy, not bad

I was actually interested in the JLab JBuds True Wireless Ear Bluetooth buds Walmart has for $30, cNet had a review saying those are the best budget ear buds, but I caved in and bought a pair from Indiegogo for $49.

13. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

you ain't getting a 75 inch 4k tv?

Dave2000 likes this.
  14. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

It's a good time to get appliances from the home stores now because they offer bundle discounts when you get more appliances.

I've heard good things about Bosch dishwashers. Samsung and LG are real popular but they're a mixed bag.

Icehouse likes this.
  15. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

I'd try in store but go later in the day, like late afternoon, after all the crazies have spent all of their money and/or killed each other.

I'd check around on different retailer websites that week and then again the day of and see who has the best deals on the appliances you want. In some places you might get a better deal in-store though.

Icehouse likes this.
  16. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

My daughter, turning 3 in early December, has a strong love of cars (I don't know why). No more Peppa Pig; she wants to watch any cartoon that is about cars (or Batman).

That $250 Peg Perego Polaris looks like something she would love. No seatbelts is weird though.

daywalker02 and BigShasta like this.
  17. Reeko

Reeko Member

I’m a simple man, all I need is another TV and some wireless headphones...maybe a new laptop and phone too

I’m also thinking about getting a new IPad, or maybe I should just hold off on that

I hope Adidas has some nice sales too

18. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Black Friday deals on appliances have been going on for the past week or two at Home Depot and Lowe's. There may be better deals or doorbusters later, but how long ya gonna wait for some deal on some specific model of appliance in a store that may or may not be a good model? A lot of the stuff they sell on Black Friday are lower-end to middle-end stuff or stuff that doesn't really get great reviews... or in other cases, utter crap. lol

Icehouse likes this.
  19. CJLarson

CJLarson Member

Man, these Switch deals are disappointing. Was looking to pounce on one with Smash coming out soon but I'm not too convinced.

20. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

Looking for a deal on the PS4 Spider-Man game. Preferably digital and not with a console