1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Bill Simmons Absolutely Hates Harden

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by D-rock, Aug 10, 2020.

1. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

I usually like Simmons, but yeah. Yikes.

Mr. Space City likes this.
  2. D-rock

D-rock Member

Bullseye

Mr. Space City likes this.
  3. Sanctity

Sanctity Member

It has for some people to suppress their true nature for too long.

4. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

He uses it to find common ground with his Yankees fans... but yes, agreed, hypocrisy-central.

That being said, if the Astros go on the type of tear the Patriots did, people will stop talking about the sign-stealing that likely didn't do as much to help (or why would they have stopped in 2018 and do nothing in 2019 which had their best regular season ever).

5. Fantasma Negro

Larry Bird was a flat out better player than LeBron. I've been saying that for years

JumpMan likes this.
  6. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

It's nice listening to comedy and science podcasts over sports ones. I find sports analyst opinions to be intentional hot takes in the hope that they go viral.

HakeemOnlyFan likes this.
  7. J.R.

J.R. Member

Y'all got Bill Simmons trending.

"“Too much melanin in those assist” - bill simmons"
    "Can't qwhite put my finger on this one"
    "So is Bill Simmons saying that James Harden's assists are only 3/5ths of a Luka Doncic assist?"

8. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

CANCEL!

CANCEL NOW!!!

DeBeards and tinman like this.
  9. J.R.

J.R. Member

10. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

on intl league pass last nite during timeout breakouts they were showing a segment of top 10 plays. i forget if it was from the previous night's games or from when. anyways, their #1 top play was of luka throwing a pass thru his legs on PnR for a dunk. they showed it in slo mo and from multiple angles to glorify it as much as possible.

and of course he stole this play from harden, who does this on the regular so often nobody even cares

D-rock likes this.
  11. beardsanity713

just speaking on Harden and assists

Harden is 7th among active players in ast with 5,236 and is gonna pass a lot of great players before this season is done
    he is definitely gonna go down as one of the greatest passers in NBA history
    Cp3
    Lebron
    Russ
    Rondo
    Lowry
    Wall
    Are ahead of JH
    Curry 11th
    Lillard 16th

58th All time

D-rock likes this.
  12. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Not all assist are created equal it would seem

Deuce, BigMaloe, Patience and 5 others like this.
  13. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

He and Cuban are so Boning! That or he's boning Luca's mom! Hell I'd totally bone Luca's mom!

14. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

Yeah the way the aggregators and twitter people cut up the quote is misleading IMO. I listened to the podcast last night, and while I did not agree that Luka passed better than harden, I certainly did not come away with the impression that he called Harden’s assists “cheap”.

15. HewbieTrippin

HewbieTrippin Member

I remember playing nba2k20, minding my own business when this guy's voice came on and he ranted about how glorious boston was and how all their stars are superior to other ones, while neglecting to mention how all these stars were on the same team for years. He made some argument that went like "well [celtics' star A] had a better record in the regular season and the playoffs than opposing team's star so clearly, the celtic was far superior," kinda like in the "I have more rings so therefore I'm a better player" argument. He did this for minutes on end. Drove me crazy. He's the epitome of a homer and he tries to extrapolate numbers to support just how superior celtics players are to everyone else they could possibly be compared to.

16. DeBeards

DeBeards Member

Bill Simmons < Nathan Fogg o_O who is a much much more serious analyst, blog host as well as commentator. IMHO

#56 DeBeards, Aug 10, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2020
    D-rock and dmoneybangbang like this.
  17. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

People should give the podcast a listen first and judge for themselves. I thought they were very complimentary to Harden, and probably just like Luka more stylistically. Yes, Luka’s style is very similar to Harden, but it has its differences. Luka does seem to a bit smoother (I don’t mean more effective) than Harden. Harden’s movements and moves are more herky jerky and weird, which is probably why people can’t wrap their minds around it.

On a related note, the way teams play harden now does sort of rob him of any creativity. They just blitz him now and make him give the ball up. I remember back in the day when teams would let Harden play PnR normally, and he would eviscerate them. That was part of Morey’s reasoning in getting Harden: his elite PnR game. But then teams adjusted and schemed to stop that play at all costs, so then Harden adjusted too. He bends entire defenses now, so the play is often as simple as a pass to the wing or to the free throw line.

18. dmoneybangbang

He really sold out for the Spotify deal, I like The Ringer's football podcasts. Their basketball podcasts have steadily declined and Kevin O'Conner and Tjarks should do their own thing.

19. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Yes, like Cousy, Stockton, Rubio....

Patience and D-rock like this.
  20. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Good ole Billy probably thinks :

Matt Maloney >>>> Harden

D-rock likes this.