1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Bill Simmons Absolutely Hates Harden

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by D-rock, Aug 10, 2020.

1. JW86

JW86 Member

Can someone tell me what a cheap assist is? Only passing in hope to get an assist? Not getting that. It's like an asterisk championship, a 30PPG scorer just getting it by going to the free throw line, etc.

D-rock likes this.
  2. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

*shocked*

burlesk and RayRay10 like this.
  3. SC1211

SC1211 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Exactly this. I listened to the podcast and this was not my reaction at all.

burlesk and RayRay10 like this.
  4. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Bill also used to or still is tight with Morey , so prolly a bit of a friendly jab too . Or they had a falling out and he’s picking on harden as revenge

RayRay10 likes this.
  5. Mr. Space City

6. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I've met Bill Simmons

You know he's a writer. some people don't understand that.
    And he's Celtics fan.

HewbieTrippin and RayRay10 like this.
  7. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

yeah but what about D-Rock's Carl Herrera imitation? who wears it better?

tinman and RayRay10 like this.
  8. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

Personally I find it offensive that people even compare Luka to James Harden at this stage of his career.

Luka got a long ways to go to be on the same level as a prime James Harden and this isn't even mentioning Harden is a significantly superior player on defense.

burlesk likes this.
  9. D-rock

D-rock Member

Podcast is with Ryen Rusillo, same guy who said this:

"I can't stand the Rockets," Russillo said on the The Russillo Show's latest episode titled Rockets Hate & McShay. "I will root against them no matter who's playing against them. I am admitting my bias right now. I am telling you, I'm not rooting for your team."

"Don't tell me or say, 'Hey, I think you're biased.' I am. I'm telling you I am," Russillo said. "I never want this thing to win. I can't stand it, and it's terrible. It's awful to watch. It sucks. What else? What else do you need from me, because I don't want there to be any gray area on this and I don't think there would be."

And Simmons has called the Rockets "the most despised franchise within NBA circles" and "team is unwatchable".

“I don’t enjoy it. I don’t enjoy free throws. I don’t enjoy three pointers. I don’t enjoy guys lurching into defenders trying to get calls, I think it sucks, I’m sorry. It’s not for me.

“If it’s a better way for them to win basketball games, so be it.”

So both guys may be on best behavior on that podcast selling their professional and fair opinions cloaked in their obvious bias.

But they have always been haters.

BigMaloe, burlesk, topfive and 5 others like this.
  10. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Couple of haters trying to act unbiased. Let the haters hate. James Harden plays his best when the media ignores him the most.

BigMaloe, burlesk, DeBeards and 2 others like this.
  11. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

LOL, what?

You have a problem about a white dude rating 2 other white dudes over 2 black dudes?

You just arrived this country yesterday?

12. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

i don't see how there are any tiers above harden when it comes to passing. he's one of the greats ever. maybe slight variations in the top tier, but certainly no extra levels (and not luka). his pocket pnr passing and alley-oop passing are as legit as it comes and he's got like 80% of the lebron cross-court laser beam passing game.

13. francis 4 prez

wait, is he really actually vocal against he astros? i figured a red sox fan would pretty instantly realize the hypocrisy in that and just take their WS and be quiet, much less would i think an avid patriots fan, the literal kings of the using technology to steal other people's signs and win championships cheating scandal, not get the hypocrisy. that's disappointing.

burlesk, dmoneybangbang and RayRay10 like this.
  14. francis 4 prez

luckily luka doesn't throw himself into people, take tons of free throws, or take tons of 3's. very lucky for ryan.

15. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I was going to point this too, but I have come to the realization people might have been using Harden just because they disliked Westbrook. Cowherd did this all the time.

16. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

The tiers thing is a matter of opinion, I guess. Harden is a great shot creator and he excels at converting pocket passes, alley-oops, and hitting shooters in the corners in a spread-out offense. And you know what, maybe I am taking for granted some of things he does since I'm so used to it. My impression is Doncic will convert higher-difficulty passes on the move and at angles, owing to his size + vision, that I just don't see Harden converting.

RayRay10 likes this.
  17. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Boston homer.

If Harden was traded to the Celtics tomorrow......then all of a sudden they would become expensive assists.

BigMaloe, burlesk, saleem and 3 others like this.
  18. tinman

Supporting Member

Rockets fans love their media
    Like dope heads love their dope

19. tinman

Supporting Member

We have a Rockets themed podcast

But none of you prefer it over the ESPN, fox sports , ringer , yahoo etc

@Reeko @J.R.

fattz and J.R. like this.