1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

big E3 2018 Reaction Thread

Discussion in 'Clutch Gaming and eSports' started by aristophanes34, Jun 10, 2018.

1. aristophanes34

EA... Really? I had to try 3 times to get through their conference.... I kept falling asleep. Wow! Madden19! No Way! Yeah, have developers talk... that's way better than showing gameplay.... and 10-15 minutes for a mobile game?

Seriously, I know that Madden, FIFA, etc... are huge, but they literally showed nothing other than cinematics. At some point, if there is nothing innovative sales may slow down... EA is taking it's patrons for granted, IMO.

I thought that indie title Sea of Solitude looked interesting, but again... mostly dev talking and no actual gameplay. Anthem looks great, but I'm still not sure what it is... and the gameplay they showed looked like fake gameplay. Love Bioware, but ME Andromeda was a failed attempt at a less linear big open world experience... we'll see if they get it right this time.

The only other thing of interest was their expanding subscription service. They plan on adding new releases up to five days early... similar to what Microsoft is doing... is this the wave of the future? Will Ubi, Bethesda, Square, the big N all follow suit???

2. aristophanes34

The Microsoft Conference starts at 3PM. Important show for them... They claim to be making 15 world premiere reveals during the show. Last year they made 23 and the sentiment still seems to be "where are the games?"

Should be interesting... Forza Horizon 4 should be revealed, there is a rumor of 3 new Gears of War games, they are unveiling exclusive Battlefield V gameplay, and, I'm sure... many, many surprises.

Any predictions? What 1st party exclusives would you like to see announced for xbox?

3. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I was looking for an E3 thread. I was starting to wonder if people still cared about this stuff. These last few years I don't feel the hype the conference has once had.

4. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

When I was a kid E3 was like Christmas for me. Now there is not as much excitement. While I still play video games, I rarely get up for game announcements anymore.

DreamShook likes this.
  5. CCorn

CCorn Member

Elder scrolls 6 finally announced. Looks like I’ll finally buy an Xbox or PS4

6. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Starfield and Elder Scrolls 6 are going to be next gen titles.

So you're gonna be buying the Xbox Two or PS5.

7. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The Last of Us 2 will be a huge event.

8. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This is dope

Salvy and mockster like this.
  9. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I don't get this sub-forum. Why is there an E3 thread here? I care about playing video games, but I have no interest in watching other people play them. Which is what Esports is.

10. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

99ers participate
    non 99ers spectate

11. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

99ers are EQUALS. Except in Street Fighter. I'm #1 in that.

tinman likes this.
  12. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

The Last of Us 2 gameplay trailer was epic. E3 was pretty great this year IMO