1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Beverley's defense is a fraud

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Harden's beard, Nov 30, 2016.

?

Is Beverley's defense overrated?

1. Yes

2. No

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Chamillionaire

Another great play at the end on the inbound play. I don't see how anybody can complain about him, Ariza, Clint. They all play defense and knock down shots at above average%. Without them, Harden isn't MVP candidate.

amaru likes this.
  2. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

Bev for All NBA 1st Team Defense!!

3. SuperKev

SuperKev Contributing Member

This thread keeps getting worse and worse for the OP Hardens Beard...

4. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

Can I change my vote?

Bev is winning us games with his defense.

TheRealAllpro likes this.
  5. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

This thread is like Clutch vs Unsorted now

steddinotayto likes this.
  6. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Beverley is like that killer bunny from Monty Python and the Holy Grail (or any other hyperactive rabid small woodland creature).

7. 1510 Polk St

1510 Polk St Member

OP is being ridiculed by Bev night after night.

DonKnock likes this.
  8. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

Beverly's defense was definitely overrated for a good while after he tore his meniscus before that Portland series. He just wasn't the same defender for a while following that injury because he opted to come back so fast from it, Those back to back fouls he committed on WB on those pull up 3's in the last minute or two of a game in OKC couple years back still haunts me.

But he's recaptured his defensive ability and his off-ball skills on defense. While he's certainly a great defender now, his biggest issue might be his size. PG's are getting bigger and bigger nowadays with this upcoming stud draft class of PG's all being over 6'3. Players are going to have nights where they are scoring well on Beverly even if he's playing good defense just because of that height disadvantage and him lacking the wingspan to make up for it.

Dankstronaut likes this.
  9. hakeemthagreat

His defense was overrated after a injury? Or maybe he was comin off a injury? Lol. I think the word around here the last few years was Bev's defense isn't even good anymore which is stupid. Bev's always been a great defender but ppl like OP don't watch defense close enough. There has been NOBODY who has guarded WB, CP3, Lilliard or Curry better than Be in the last few years

10. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

Bev has been brilliant on the defensive side of the ball since he's come back.

This is reminiscent of first year Rockets Bev.

But why do people have the 'I told you so' attitude towards those who said in this thread he wasn't a great defender?

Bev came no where near this level of defense last season.

One thing which is sticking out to me....... rarely has he tried to D up the PG right at halfway since he's come back. Which was my biggest complaint with him recently. He's playing much smarter defensively.

11. Chamillionaire

He lost like 15 lbs during the off season. He's moving better, quicker, stronger... Add that to his improved shooting and tenacity, you get the improved Bev.

12. RESINator

RESINator Member

He lost a step the last couples years which made me lose faith in him. He is proving me wrong this year. I don't know what happened but I'm glad he's turned the corner.

13. blink52y

blink52y Member

Pat is playing amazing defense this year just like his first year. I would have to agree last year was not one of his best. But man how can you not like this guy- plays with his heart and plays his ass off.

Jayzers_100 likes this.
  14. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Yeah, and he turned the corner quick. Watch him in this vid turn the corner in his first day after surgery.

15. hakeemthagreat

Have you read some of the nonsense coming from posters here? If not, go dig up the "Beverley's Gargage" thread from way back. Or perhaps check some of the ppl here who claim he's a "fraud" on defense or no longer good at anything. Yes he's better this year than the other years. But Bev's ALWAYS been at the minimum a solid/great defender(How many elite pg's torched us the last 3-4 years with Bev defending?). He's had haterz spewing nonsense since he stole Lin's starting job. The fact is the ONLY reason are giving him his props is because our team is winning

16. YOLO

YOLO Member

that height advantage thing is severely overstated. Doesn't matter if pg's are 6'3 or over. None of them really have a true post ability to it doesn't kill you there. PB only has to worry about the elite pg's that matter in the league now not ones that are coming in.

17. YOLO

YOLO Member

because there was a bunch of nonsense being posted (primarily by harden's beard) followed by a few lurkers that tried to come in and back it up without any relevant material to add. Make ridiculous claims be prepared to take what follows when you're proven wrong. especially when he goes into hiding for a "rockets fan" that is on a great run right now

18. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

OP with a truly strong anti-jinx. We should be grateful for his blessing upon Pat Bev

Dankstronaut likes this.
  19. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Insert Pee Wee Herman "I meant to do that" video here on OP behalf.

20. Zergling

Zergling Member

He's led the team in +/- in many of our games. Look at the full package instead of focusing on defense. He's clearly a positive asset to the team. Just look at our win/loss since his arrival.