1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Better Call Saul Season 3

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by tinman, Jan 13, 2017.

1. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Here you go, bruh, something more your speed. http://www.bestbuy.com/site/frankli...st-season-3-discs-dvd/5424125.p?skuId=5424125

SwoLy-D likes this.
  2. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Why not, I am not the only guy who thinks a comedy actor could act a drama this well.

Should we fight over the word 'brilliant' ? dun think so.

4. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

Go on Swoly, take a chyance!

5. SwoLy-D

LOLs! ^ CLASSIC, @ferrari77! :D "I'm sorry, Akeem. I just... I just can't."
    No. We should fight over the word "actor." He is told what lines to deliver, is blocked (for non-Thespians: told where to stand, how to move on stage or the scene, etc.). If he is the director or the advisor, he might be brilliant. But... no; he's just an actor who does a good job of acting. He was great in Malcom in the Middle, and he wasn't entirely a comedian, but a great actor in a comedy. I think there may have been some slapstick and some good line delivery, but it's not your usual "wait-for-the-audience-to-laugh" type comedy. He was also great in Godzilla. :) Don't get me wrong, man. He is a good actor. But the series didn't catch me at all.

6. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Only SwoLy could possibly like BCS but not BB. How is that even possible?

Anyhoo.....

Yeah, that was one of the biggest (and most pleasant) surprises of the season for me. Who knew there was so much more to him than just being your typical cartel enforcer.

I watched a little of the after-show and he was on it. He was saying that the writers kept telling him to be patient and that Nacho's story would come. Man, were they right.

7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I am sure the blocking thing is mostly important for theater.....in film or series if an actor is experienced, he would know where to go, stand automatically.

Of course you would still be told by the director or actually the DOP (director of Photography) depending on the Composition of the Scene they were shooting. (also known as Cinematographer)

I am not sure they used the same term in theater and film/series.... might be.

#507 daywalker02, Jun 27, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2017
  8. SwoLy-D

Modern and newer directors and film peeps don't call it "blocking", I know for sure. But they DO do it. I used the word from the "thespian/actor's" point of view. I am a Thespian... not by trade, but by experience and no longer doing it. There are many actors who do their own blocking or suggest things, but I would guess it gets on directors' nerves or pretty soon the director will say "let me direct, please... b****." :D

9. SuraGotMadHops

10. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

[​IMG]

SwoLy-D likes this.
  11. Rox11

Rox11 Member

Only ten episodes right?

Obviously spoiler talk....

Anywho, semi enjoyed the season but we don't really move the needle in the show, it's like we pretty much know what's coming next, Salamanca is crippled and Mike is working with Fring, Jim is on his way to becoming Saul after his failed attempt at the senior home. We really don't need 3 seasons and counting just to fill us in on these things, it's like the crew and Gilligan like working together so much they don't want it to end.

12. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

That's typically how a prequel works, you know that. Right?

kaleidosky and Torn n Frayed like this.
  13. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Sequel/past-quel. I don't know what happens to y'alls BOY, Gene.

14. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

[​IMG]

Neither does he.... apparently.

15. Rox11

Rox11 Member

I'm saying it's not that special of a story the way he broke 'bad' into Saul. Could of gave us two faster paced season instead

#515 Rox11, Jun 27, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2017
  16. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Swolly, it's like ordering an amazing steak...and letting it sit for the nice loaded baked potato on the side. BB builds up.

17. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Yes, indeed. Two many notes.

There are only so many perfect scenes the viewer can follow in the course of a season. Can be done with less to give us more

BMoney likes this.
  18. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

I mean, if you're wanting a series to move as fast as 24, then you're probably watching the wrong series.

Torn n Frayed, SwoLy-D and heypartner like this.
  19. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Sometimes I think people expected BCS to be Saul with a different client each episode (like X-Files Monster of the Week), with one plot (Mike/Fring) arching over the entire seasons (like X-Files' aliens and cigarette-smoking informants). I kinda expected that before Season 1. I mean, if you want the "How did they break bad" part of the prequel to end faster, where would it go from there?

So satisfied with this awesome show and how they keep making the pre-Saul era fuller and fuller. So glad we don't have a Monster of the Week Saul client series. Could be funny, in its own right, but also could just be another Lawyer type show with Mike and Fring adding some special BB flavor.

FLASH21 likes this.
  20. Rox11

Rox11 Member

The amount of times I've heard that about BCS I can't fit on my hands, it's as if Gilligan knew he couldnt recreate the pace of BB so instead of making something slightly slower and be associated as a show that tried to emulate it, he instead went so slow that we would say "it's not supposed to be BB, grrrr, rawr, >=["