1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Better Call Saul Season 3

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by tinman, Jan 13, 2017.

1. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG]

SuraGotMadHops, GRENDEL and jo mama like this.
  2. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

I didn't want to bring this up out of a sense of shame like Chuck but I do sort of have the same problem he does except mine has to do with low wattage lighting transformers. I have the landscaping lights in my backyard and I have a transformer near the back door. Damned if that thing doesn't make some low level electrical-type noise when it's plugged in. I can actually feel it in my house wherever I am. It bothers the crap out of me. I had to unplug the damn thing as it was making my skin crawl. I kind of know how you feel, Chuck. I also have a slight problem with my Xbox One power supply. Damned if that thing doesn't make a bunch of noise coming from my entertainment system. It drives me crazy. Also, when I use my iPhone and browse the web in bed, it gets really hot and it feels like it is poisoning me through my hand. I also have problems with ceiling fan noise and regular tower fans that start to make strange noises as they age. I've been known to use rope to tie up my tower fan to a door handle to position it in such a way that it shuts the hell up. And, I've taken a broom to hit my ceiling fan with and I don't like using the ceiling fan lights.I also don't use my in-wall oven because the touch pad went out but the oven light still works when I open the door. The oven won't work. It freaks me out. My stove top also won't light using the spark. I have to use a lighter.

I just hope my condition doesn't get any worse.

#482 Surfguy, Jun 22, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2017
  3. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

Just be all like, "Green towel, blue hamper, brown floor..."

Two Sandwiches and ferrari77 like this.
  4. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Yea...I like to use food words. My favorite is "Meatball, Big Mac, Filet Mignon".

5. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

You're turrible breh!:D

6. MystikArkitect

Just binged in 3 days so stayed away from this thread for a while. Gilligan could probably make watching paint dry interesting. Some of the scenes in this season were masterful and I think it's time Odenkirk got some award nods.

I love the show carrying on the central theme of what good/bad is and honorable/dishonorable. I see it all the time in the real world as well. As much as some people want to be "good" it just doesn't really roll that way for them. I use Harden as an example of this. No matter what he does, he'll get criticized and hated for it kinda like Jimmy. As much as he tries to be nice it just doesn't matter. Meanwhile Steph can literally murder babies and he'll get loved for it. That's kinda how it goes for some people.

Yung-T likes this.
  7. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Great season 8.8/10. Loved the nacho story, Gustavo and Mike of course.

To the observation about Howard, I agree he is the victim of the show so far..hopefully Chuck's check dies in the fire with him.

#487 LosPollosHermanos, Jun 23, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2017
    Yung-T likes this.
  8. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Love it. The closing scene with Gus and Nacho was money.

9. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Sounds more like yout hate annoying noises (except for the phone heat), which is pretty normal. I also tend to unplug my Playstation, TV receiver etc because the noise gets on my nerves.
    It's just that many people don't hear these kind of things, it depends on the sensitivity of your ears.

10. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

[​IMG]

11. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I was going to say . .. i need more pictures . .. .

Rocket River

12. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

Yes. I watched a couple or maybe three episodes of Breaking Bad... tried to get into it. Didn't get into it at all. I meant didn't watch it consistently like other shows of which I'm fond. In this one, it seems like the characters are well developed and the situations are just extremely well put together. For one reason or another, that didn't seem the case with its predecessor. :cool:

13. Rodman23

Rodman23 .GIF

ese culo

SwoLy-D likes this.
  14. ferrari77

Dude, I think it's the same with the predecessor. Give it a chance. Just get through the first half of season 1 and it starts coming together. It took me about 2 or 3 years just to watch the first 2 or 3 episodes of season 1, kinda like you. I was ready to give up on it until friends bugged and forced me to finish the first season.
    Just grit it out, finish that first season and I'll be surprised if you're not hooked.

15. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

He is not lying Swoly. The show is phenomenal just keep watching.

Two Sandwiches likes this.
  16. SwoLy-D

Sorry, man, I'm not into PEER PRESSURE. :p

Jk, I just didn't like it.

17. ferrari77

Give it one season. If you don't like it then don't bother watching the rest. Just watch the full first season.

18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Maybe it is not your genre, Vince Gilligan, Gould not your writers.... IDK. Fair enough.

I swear Bryan Cranston is a brilliant man. Aaron Paul is great, Bob Odenkirk, Hank's actor, Anna Gunn....... and series of good villains, small time crooks.

#498 daywalker02, Jun 26, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2017
  19. Roscoe Arbuckle

If you don't like the first season, you're banned. I've been banned for less egregious offenses.

ferrari77 likes this.
  20. SwoLy-D

How much of Bryan Cranston's brilliant mind was into the show? I am guessing he's just an actor who portrays his character the way the directors and writers want him to portray it. Not sure that makes him a brilliant man. Come on, man... you left yourself open for that one. Had you said "he's a great actor", then maybe I'd agree. Brilliant? Nah, not here, at least. I'd like to talk to him without him being the character. I bet a bunch of people think he's like the character when he isn't. You know what I mean?

The premise of the show isn't really for me. Now, the litigation, discovery, situations, issues, etc., in Better Call Saul... those are for me. :cool: