1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Better Call Saul S4 August 5

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Torn n Frayed, Jul 8, 2018.

1. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Agree. This isn't Saul. Jimmy just committed Third Degree Felony Theft (per current New Mexico laws). Saul became more careful. I expect a continued transition along the lines of Mike's advice at the Diner: "It [the job] isn't for me,,,,and it isn't for you."

That's why I was interested last week in thoughts from others about the "job." Seemed way out of character for Mike, so Jimmy doesn't really get Mike, yet, to have even asked. A petty crime of opportunity is such a misread of what Mike would do....wtf, Jimmy? That ain't Saul.

Agree completely with "Something is OFF with him right now."

I'm loving how these episodes are ending on WTF-reactions suggesting character change/transition. This one being dual Jimmy and Kim's. Was Kim's reaction sorrow-laden Weltschmerz thinking Jimmy isn't facing his lose and still suffering underneath, or does she see a change that she doesn't like -- building on her previous episode-ending WTF look at Jimmy for his carefree response to Howard's self-blame. This combined with Kim's strange behavior upon seeing her client's mega plans....which should have been her holding back a mega smile as she's calculating requisite, easy billable hours for them to make all that happen.

Kim's angst is ramping up.

2. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Kim/Jimmy dynamic makes me feel uneasy. You know it's all going to blow up at some point but you have no idea how. I'm somewhat on edge now every time they interact with each other.

3. mrm32

mrm32 Member

1. I thought Kim took the letter at face value and felt shitty for talking down on Chuck in the previous episode.

4. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Maybe. But she certainly believes the $5,000 gift to go away is an ******* thing for Chuck to do.

mrm32 likes this.
  5. Asian Sensation

I was going to ask if that’s why she was so emo. Seems about right.

6. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I haven't started the current season yet. Pretty decent so far?

7. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

1. I think the thing Mike is pointing out is .. . Jimmy is a lying cheating snake BUT he is *FOR* the little guys .. . and this job seems like he is going after some little guys . . . .

2. I felt like Jimmy was making up the isht in the letter. But If he did read it straight I'd bet there is a hell of alot of subtext that only he and chuck would understand

Chuck was a b*stard .. . no way he did not send one last stab at Jimmy

Rocket River

heypartner likes this.
  8. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Interesting

Rocket River

9. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Another one .. . .

Rocket River

ROCKSS likes this.
  10. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

NO, we're not gonna ****ing do Stonehenge!!!

11. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Agreed.

Chuck even tried to put on a supportive “face” for Jimmy at the beginning of the series... until he couldn’t take it anymore and broke “You’re slipping Jimmy!!!”

Kim was only partially aware of Chuck’s exceedingly negative view of Jimmy... and the lengths Chuck would have gone to ensure that Jimmy never ever ever becomes successful.

12. Torn n Frayed

Torn n Frayed Member

Curious what was said on the phone call Mike got during the 1st potential interviewee? Sure it was Gus on the other end, watching from on high, I think it was;

the guy took the job too quickly without asking enough logical questions, giving away he wasn't legit..

13. SuraGotMadHops

My guess is Gus, being as cautious as he is, got turned off when the first interviewee was bragging about the tunnel he did in El Paso. If he spilled the beans on that, will he on this? Next.

TMac'n, DFWRocket, the shark and 3 others like this.
  14. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

That guy was small potatoes overall. He dug a long hole. That's it. He didn't even seem to care about supporting the heavy structure.

15. Svpernaut

Svpernaut Contributing Member

I think the letter was what showed Kim that Chuck was right all along about Jimmy. The fact that he was so selfish that he didn't care one bit about his brother after he was gone, and even more so after he left a heartfelt letter that was somewhat remorseful.

Kim knows who Jimmy is now, but for one reason or another she just can't stomach leaving him. This is likely the same reason she went back to trying to do public defender cases even at the risk of losing her big client- to make herself feel that she too hasn't lost the ability to give a damn.

mrm32 likes this.
  16. marks0223

marks0223 2017 and 2022 World Series Champions
    Supporting Member

The flash forward at the beginning of the episode was a nice surprise. Gilligan has said timelines wouldn't cross between Breaking Bad and Saul but I guess flash forwards will be immune to that.

Svpernaut likes this.
  17. Svpernaut

Svpernaut Contributing Member

Yeah, he meant in regards to the other characters and their stories. Jimmy's flash forwards were always a part of the plan, like his job at Cinnabon.

marks0223 likes this.
  18. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

I thought last night's episode was pretty interesting, I thought they laid down the basic groundwork of how Kim and Jimmy grow apart......

19. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I don't even understand why they're together. Boring episode.

RKREBORN likes this.
  20. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

What are the Germans building? Is that the meth lab under the laundromat?