1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Better Call Saul S4 August 5

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Torn n Frayed, Jul 8, 2018.

1. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

So, it really helps to find a good BCS recap site, or I would miss a lot of things. In season 1, Jimmy helps an old lady with her estate planning, and a lot of it consisted of how to dole out her huge collection of Hummel figurines. You probably remember her from the commercial.

http://breakingbad.wikia.com/wiki/Mrs._Strauss

Not sure if that factors in, but my guess is yes. :)

2. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Obtuse? I’ve made one post that was simply answering your question.

It is peculiar that you would want to focus on this obscure job vs big picture stuff, but TEHO I guess.

Also, it was clear that Chuck kicked over the later non purpose..

3. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Yes. He also mentioned that in the scene itself (“I helped an old lady who collected these”).

4. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

You made two. It was the second one that was being feisty and obtuse...Whatever. And now a 3rd, to essentially criticize me for asking a question.

Are you done talking to me now?

5. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Merely answering your questions. Not calling anybody feisty or obtuse or anything...

6. heypartner

So, you aren't done talking to me, and criticizing ppls questions and obscure...TEHO.

7. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

“Man, what's up your butt. You're acting overly feisty and obtuse, today. If you aren't interested in a plot-line question or theories, just move on, no”—anonymous

8. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Lulz at above pee-pee games.

9. BiGGieStuFF

BiGGieStuFF Contributing Member

It makes me feel better about myself :D

10. Vivid

Vivid Member

[​IMG]

11. Torn n Frayed

Torn n Frayed Member

Yes, I put it in a spoiler bf you mentioned it...

12. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

arguments amongst brothers is normal

13. heypartner

Not when you hate men.

tinman and Os Trigonum like this.
  14. Roscoe Arbuckle

The guys at the printers said it was a "Wall of Trash." I'm guessing Jimmy figures they won't even notice it missing.

15. TMac'n

TMac'n Contributing Member

No comments on a awesome episode?

Loved every moment of this episode, from Nacho's near death to Kim's break down after Jimmy reads Chucks letter.

And Jimmy getting the burglar out of the office was great!

This has been the best season of BCS so far

Asian Sensation likes this.
  16. Svpernaut

Svpernaut Contributing Member

Overall I was underwhelmed by the episode, as it did very little to advance the story. It was like they took a lot of cool scene concepts, and lumped them into a single episode as filler. Don't get me wrong, on their own, most scenes were done perfectly - but I tend to expect more from Vince Gilligan on the storytelling front.

It may all make sense in the end, but on it's own, this episode was pretty forgettable and I am not liking the way the season is now headed (see spoilers for more).

I am not happy with Jimmy's portrayal the past two episodes, I think the 180 on his personality is pretty lazy. I actually cringed with him reading the letter, and while I realize how he read it is supposed to give us an insight into how he's changed, but for more than three seasons Jimmy was all about making his brother proud, and now when he gets that validation he is annoyingly eating cereal and flippantly reading the letter.

Chuck was a fantastic character, and his nuanced relationship with Jimmy was what made this show great. Seeing Jimmy abandon that so quickly just makes it feel like the past several seasons have been a sham.

It just feels lazy from Vince and his team. Like, with Walter White, his downfall and actions took seasons to turn him as much as Jimmy has turned in the past two episodes. Vince masterfully made you root for Walter, even at his worst, because you knew he was constantly conflicted about his actions. In these past two episodes I couldn't give two ***** about Jimmy because what few redeeming qualities he seemed to have, are now gone.

17. TMac'n

TMac'n Contributing Member

I guess we are gonna have to agree to disagree, which is fine.

I absolutely love Jimmy's transformation process into Saul. I don't see it as abrupt at all. The loss of Chuck was always expected as the morph into Saul. I like it maybe because I like Saul more than i like Jimmy

Also, how could you not like the intro for this guy

seeing this I would have killed him years before Breaking Bad

18. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

WAGS!!!

Rocket River

19. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Not with y'all on Jimmy AT ALL. He isn't PURE Saul now. This isn't a quick/lazy 180 -- nothing has ever been lazy about Saul/BB. He isn't that much closer to becoming Saul now than he was when he was recording the fake billboard thing IMO.

Something is OFF with him right now, you'll see him breakdown I'm sure, eventually. They'll delve into it. Eventually. Mentally - he isn't there yet, he IS grieving, or at the least still coming to grips with what happened. Yule-C.

20. SuraGotMadHops

I don't interpret Chuck's letter as validation for Jimmy that Chuck was proud of him. In fact, I see the opposite, the letter confirms that Chuck never wanted or saw Jimmy as his equal or a peer. All of the pride referenced in the letter concentrated on Jimmy's work in the mail room, only. In a previous season, after Chuck told Jimmy "you're not a real lawyer," Jimmy told Chuck he thought he would be proud of him, and Chuck said "I was, when you were in the mail room."

What Jimmy wanted from his brother was encouragement and respect as a fellow attorney, and he never got that. Nothing in the letter said "I know you will turn out to be a great lawyer."