1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Better Call Saul S4 August 5

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Torn n Frayed, Jul 8, 2018.

1. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

Hamlin is a good guy

2. Asian Sensation

I just realized I pretty much forgot everything that’s been going on. It’s been that long or my memory has become that bad. Maybe both? Anyways, time to watch season 3 again as a refresher.

3. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

an overlap with the BB timeline would be an interesting take, showing the same events but from Saul/Mike's perspective

4. Roscoe Arbuckle

5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Is it August already?

6. Svpernaut

Svpernaut Contributing Member

This show is head to head with Mr. Robot as the best show on TV... and most people haven't heard about either. It is a damn shame.

7. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

I really hope this happens -- it's hard to not see them not doing this at some point.

8. ROCKSS

ROCKSS Contributing Member

Bump, I cant wait for tonight's episode

ryan_98 likes this.
  9. Svpernaut

It won't happen. Vince Gilligan has said from the start that the stories will not overlap. Like with Breaking Bad, he had a general idea of the full story arc before he even started filming the first episode.

There will continue to be more and more Breaking Bad characters added to the show but you won't see an overlapping timeline. From a recent interview about season 4 overlap producers said:

"There is a very important character — I’m not promising you ever saw this character, but there was a very important character nonetheless from the Breaking Bad era who we’re going to meet this year. You’re going to be impressed with him."
    The character in question is Lalo, who was mentioned by Saul in Breaking Bad, but never seen.

10. Torn n Frayed

Torn n Frayed Member

There will be no Talking Saul with Criss Chaddick, saw a season preview for FTWD/TD and he's been replaced by Lavette..

11. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

No show on tv needs an aftershow as much as BCS imo. Sux there'll be no Talking Saul. Not even the usual 2 episodes of Talking Saul they give us per season (premiere and finale).
    :(

Torn n Frayed likes this.
  12. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

Shame on AMC for pulling the crap they pulled regarding the "scenes from this season on Better Call Saul".

DVR'd the episode like a lot of people I'm sure and as I get to the end of the episode it's "Stay tuned for scenes from this season on Better Call Saul...DURING THE FIRST COMMERCIAL BREAK of Lodge 49". WTF

Lodge 49 looks like a decent show worth checking out but some of us only dvr'ed Better Call Saul tonight and you shouldn't have to force or trick viewers of your lead-in show to stay watching the premiere of your new show. Shame on AMC :mad:

Two Sandwiches and CometsWin like this.
  13. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Every tine I watch this show it reminds me how tedious it is and it ticks me off I keep showing up to watch it.

ferrari77 likes this.
  14. Svpernaut

Season 1-3 recap

daywalker02 likes this.
  15. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

Can someone explain Jimmy in this episode? Comatose the entire episode. Then finds out it was the insurance that did Chuck in, and all the sudden his mood changes like nothing happened.

16. TMac'n

TMac'n Contributing Member

He felt remorse for believing he was the reason for Chucks death, and not being there for his brother. Then when Hamlin admits the malpractice insurance increase caused him to boot Chuck out of the firm, ultimately resulting in Chucks demise, Jimmy makes a complete 180 and realizes Chuck didn't die because of Jimmy at all. It was all Hamlins fault for kicking him out the firm

Very slow episode. Only enjoyment I got was watching Nachos and Mike's storylines

ima_drummer2k and Surfguy like this.
  17. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

I enjoyed the premier quite a bit, the hour just flew by. That opening sequence was incredibly well done.....

Two Sandwiches likes this.
  18. TMac'n

TMac'n Contributing Member

Opening scene was epic. Had me on the edge of my seat. Especially the taxi scene

GRENDEL likes this.
  19. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

But it was Jimmy that alerted the insurance company to Chuck's "condition", correct?

I thought he would feel a tad morose due to that.... but apparently not.

Torn n Frayed likes this.
  20. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

But the reason the insurance went up was because Jimmy tipped off the insurance agent to Chuck's condition. To me that was confirmation he was responsible.