1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Beto vs Ted

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Carl Herrera, Jan 24, 2018.

1. Falcons Talon

Falcons Talon Contributing Member

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/pol...elief-scrutinized-hurricane-harvey-remembered

So essentially, he is fighting for Texans. I don't see the problem.

#1601 Falcons Talon, Oct 12, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2018
  2. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

well i meant that 2020 is too soon regardless but if he were running for president he would carry Texas and most of both coasts. He'd likely win but win or lose he's gotta wait which means that he's got to stay relevant and increase his profile even more then next 4 years.

3. cml750

cml750 Member

There is no way Beto would carry Texas in a Presidential race even if he was running against someone who was not from Texas like Cruz. If Beto runs in 2020, Trump will carry Texas by a landslide.

4. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

That's not even worth thinking about, by 2020, Beto will be nothing but an answer to a trivia question much like Wendy Davis.

cml750 likes this.
  5. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

yes, its very texan to grovel before someone who repeatedly calls you a liar, says you have done nothing for your state, calls your wife ugly and accuses your father of being involved in a murder.

TOUGH AS TEXAS!

[​IMG]

Deckard likes this.
  6. Falcons Talon

He addressed that in the debate.

https://dailycaller.com/2018/09/21/ted-cruz-debate-supporting-trump/

“Donald Trump had been elected president and we had an opportunity to do something extraordinary. I made a conscious choice to do the job I’d been elected to do, which is to represent 28 million Texans. I’ve got a responsibility which is to fight for every person here and every person in this state.”

Working “hand in hand with the president,” Cruz described “remarkable victories” on tax cuts, jobs created, deregulation, and unemployment.

“Texans’ lives are better, so yes I could have chosen to make it about myself to be selfish and say, ‘You know what, my feelings are hurt. So I’m going to take my marbles and go home,'” said Cruz. “But I think that would have been not doing the job I was elected to, and every single day in the Senate it has been my job to fight for jobs, jobs, jobs, and to fight for 28 million Texans.”

#1606 Falcons Talon, Oct 12, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2018
    cml750 likes this.
  7. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

The newest polls have Ted Cruz pushing his lead to 7 points in the RCP average, something drastic would have to happen to make this a race again.

8. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

That would make sense if he were a state senator. He's not. He voted against helping people from other states. Since when do Texans not reach out to help others? Beto had his reasons for not voting for 1 of the many Harvey related bills (he voted for all of the others). Can't really say I completely agree with him for his "no" vote but it's not as if he voted against supporting Harvey victims across the board.

I keep not getting an answer on this question. Cruz has authored exactly 2 bills in his nearly full term as a senator. Outside of Harvey relief, what has he done for the state of Texas? What has he done other than campaigning and working to shut down the government? What has he done for healthcare other than trying to make sure millions don't have it?

Deckard likes this.
  9. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Kamala Harris is an excellent senator so far. I'm very happy with her. I have not liked Feinstein for years. I didn't vote for her. Holding on to the Ford information is the least of the problems I have with her.

Cruz is a cowardly little dog. To talk big after Trump attacked his wife, only to turn around and go sniveling up to him with his tail between his legs because he needed help is pathetic. He has shown that he will not stand for anything.

Deckard likes this.
  10. jo mama

well im sure that sat well with his family, all of whom obviously love him very much!

11. Falcons Talon

https://www.govtrack.us/congress/bills/browse?sponsor=412573#enacted_ex=on
    S. 1892: A bill to provide tax relief related to Hurricanes Harvey, Irma, and Maria.
    S. 442: National Aeronautics and Space Administration Transition Authorization Act of 2017
    S.J.Res. 23: A joint resolution disapproving the rule submitted by the Department of Labor relating to drug testing of unemployment compensation applicants.
    S. 1297 (114th): U.S. Commercial Space Launch Competitiveness Act
    S. 2195 (113th): A bill to deny admission to the United States to any representative to the United Nations who has been found to have been engaged in espionage activities ...
    S. 1594 (113th): A bill to designate the United States courthouse located at 101 East Pecan Street in Sherman, Texas, as the Paul Brown United States Courthouse.

https://www.govtrack.us/congress/bills/browse?sponsor=412573
    Some of Cruz’s most recently sponsored bills include...full list at the link.

S. 3560: A bill to allow individuals to choose to opt out of the Medicare ...
    S. 3526: Equal Treatment of Public Servants Act of 2018
    S. 3506: School Security Enhancement Act
    S.Res. 650: A resolution recognizing the 1-year anniversary of Hurricane Harvey.
    S. 3370: A bill to designate the area between the intersections of 3rd Street, Southwest ...
    S. 3317: Protect Charities and Houses of Worship Act
    S. 3277: Space Frontier Act of 2018

12. Falcons Talon

Are you really going to bring his family into this?

13. jo mama

trump did.

14. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

If Ms. Marvel is your idea of an "excellent senator" then I certainly hope Texas never ends up with a senator you consider excellent.

cml750 likes this.
  15. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Not voting for Beto and not voting for Cruz is a vote for Cruz. I said the same thing about Hillary in 2016 versus trump. A vote for Stein or whomever, or staying home, is a vote for trump. Look what that got those foolish people. Two people on the Supreme Court who are to the right of Atilla the Hun, an absurd and dangerous trade war, an insane foreign policy, an huge tax cut for the rich that will explode the deficit. I could go on. I find it hard to believe that you would be that foolish. Sure, return Cruz to the Senate so trump and the GOP can get more far-right radicals on the Supreme Court and other federal lifetime judicial appointments. Give me a break.

16. Falcons Talon

Sorry. I'm not going to engage you in this line of discussion.

cml750 likes this.
  17. Nippystix

Nippystix Member

Bruh you have NO marbles to begin with.

Rafael, you are the definition of a beta bit*ch. It must really suck to live with that your entire life.

18. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Nippystix likes this.
  19. Falcons Talon

From a teacher of 25 years, my obvious answer is standardized testing and micromanagment. Teachers can't teach students anymore. They need to teach "curriculum"

cml750 likes this.
  20. PatBev

PatBev Member

Hasn't this dude Beto been arrested for DWI and Burglary? I don't care because I have a DWI but it does crack me up how people ignore **** like that when it comes to their choice of candidates. I could've sworn just recently that having a drinking problem is a big no no in politics. I thought America just decided drinking to the point of intoxication declares you a gang rapist even with no proof