1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Beto vs Ted

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Carl Herrera, Jan 24, 2018.

1. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah, you responded to that by essentially proving his point by responding with a bigoted statement. Bigotry that you deem acceptable based on the target. You'd cry your eyes out if someone did something similar to you...and that's what I pointed out.

mick fry and John Oliver like this.
  2. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Oh the hypocrisy. If any black person on this forum says anything similar to what Mick Fry said you'd go "BLAH BLAH BLAH, Stop playing the victim!" but me making fun of Mick Fry lamenting about being white in America that's bigotry to you, of course, it is...

Anyways, I'd love to stack up another 'W' off you, you're like the Brooklyn Nets of the DnD, L after L and no one wants to watch (see your posts) but this is so far off topic so enjoy.

3. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

after that hit job of a townhall CNN did after Parkland, no reason for Cruz to let himself get played like that

4. mick fry

mick fry Member

Just own what you said as being racist and move on. I aint mad at ya.

John Oliver likes this.
  5. CCorn

CCorn Member

PJ Tucker is NOT on the table in any Jimmy Butler trade. @cyberx is great and I'm sure he has heard from legit sources that Tucker is on the table. He's not making anything up.

But this is where you've got to use common sense and read between the lines while understanding our team. We're not trading Tucker in any Butler trade. Tucker is our third most important player. He's simply too valuable at his salary on this particular team playing this particular system to be traded for Butler oranybody else sans Davis/Durant/Portzingis.

6. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Rocket fans should vote for the candidate that gets us Jimmy Butler.

7. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

[​IMG]

8. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The whiny victim card comes out again. He said nothing racist at all. Geez.

JayGoogle likes this.
  9. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

That's because of the reality around the situation. If he said something similar to what you said only directed at other groups, he'd be banned from this forum for racism. At the same time, you'll have people deny that your statement was bigoted because it is culturally acceptable bigotry. When people tell you to "stop playing the victim" it's usually in a situation where you are being a whiny b**** talking about how a criminal that attacked a cop and got shot was only shot because he's black or some other brain dead nonsense. Simply stating that bigotry against cis white males is culturally acceptable these days isn't playing a victim card, it's just pointing out the obvious.

I get that someone like you won't be able to grasp this any more so than the slave owning deep south racists 200+ years ago could understand that bigotry against black people is wrong, after all, it was culturally acceptable.

It's not surprising that you'd fail to see it, but again bigotry against cis white males is culturally acceptable these days, so I wouldn't expect a person like you to see it. That said, if someone was making similar bigoted statements using the most negative stereotypes about black Muslim trannies, they'd be banned for it because that bigotry is not culturally acceptable. More so, you'd personally lose your mind if you saw such a thing.....which just proves my point.

I don't expect a bigot like Jay to change, I don't expect you to even acknowledge his bigotry, you aren't the type of people capable of it. The hope is that better people than you guys will see it and be repulsed by it. You don't change the mind of the plantation owner, you change the mind of everyone else and then force the plantation owner to change their ways no matter if they understand or not.

mick fry likes this.
  10. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

[​IMG]

Pizza_Da_Hut and Nippystix like this.
  11. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Not in the least killer, just pointing out the obvious.

mick fry likes this.
  12. Pringles

Pringles Member

13. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

More like the Washington Generals

Pizza_Da_Hut likes this.
  14. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Hey man, I don't know about you, but I think the generals are due. This might be there year!

Actually, I went to a trotters game a couple years back, and they don't always play the generals. They played a team called the Tuscaloosa Tornadoes or some crap like that. I was heartbroken.

dmoneybangbang likes this.
  15. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

That wasn't bigotry against white males. So whether racism against white males is wrong or not isn't applicable in this case since the post wasn't bigoted towards white males.

16. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

It was, you just can't see it because that bigotry is socially acceptable. The post alleged that "straight white males" desire to harass people on twitter for their sexuality or race, that they desire to sexually assault women working under them, and that they desire to discriminate against the LGBT community. I say that the comments are bigoted because in this instance they go beyond merely being racist, they are attacking a race, a sex, and a sexual preference at the same time.....or at least a certain intersection of those things. If a similar post was made about over the top negative black steriotypes, you'd magically be able to see the bigotry because that bigotry is not socially acceptable.

Again though, I'm not expecting someone like you to be able to see this as I've pointed out. I don't expect you to change.

cml750 and mick fry like this.
  17. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

18. CCorn

CCorn Member

I don't doubt you were told that. Doesn't make it true.

Are you claiming insider status? You know you need to start taking a bunch of guff for that.....right? Yo, pirhannas....

No, just kidding. Wouldn't wish the kiddie corps on anybody.

19. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

If all you can add is mindless trolling, I'll just block you. I mean, at least attempt to be clever with your trolling BS. So far it's just been uninspired and pathetic. If you aren't intelligent enough to add to the conversation, I'll fully understand but if you can't, at least make an effort to be funny.

20. CCorn

CCorn Member

LOL, I'm fine with you thinking that, it's kind of adorable.