1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Beto vs Ted

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Carl Herrera, Jan 24, 2018.

1. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

2. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Regardless of small hands. Trump is indeed a beautiful man, inside and out.

BruceAndre likes this.
  3. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Ah, I wasn't aware that politics were sports, sorry about that. I keep running into conservatives obsessed with 'winning'.

B-Bob likes this.
  4. mick fry

mick fry Member

It’s not conservatives it’s the country, if the Dems win we all lose. Are you against America winning? So many on the left want people to be ashamed of being male, white and American. Lord help you if your’e not ashamed to any or all.

#1524 mick fry, Oct 9, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2018
  5. CCorn

CCorn Member

Eh. Republicans won last election and could win the next presidential. But all the new money is going to people/industries on the left and as the boomers die off the country will get more liberal. Errthing gonna be ok. Hopefully this crazy hate politics we are seeing only lasts for another 2-6 years.

6. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

That's what people always say, but children grow up and when they do, they tend to stop being liberals. The politics are naivety usually takes over when there's a large boom in the young population and that shifts to being conservative politics once they grow up and have more mature political positions. That's just the never ending cycle.

BruceAndre likes this.
  7. CCorn

CCorn Member

The Conservative party would have to distance itself from Christianity for that to happen with Millennials. I say Conservative party because I don’t think it will still be the Republican Party in 20 years

8. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

you mean like stabbings? shootings? doxxing? or assassinations?

do you mean like all the hate we saw during the supreme court hearing? harassing senators in elevators and restaurants?

As Paul says , who has had his ribs broken and has been shot at in the past two years,

unless the Democrat media learns to tone it down, a republican will be assassinated very soon. I doubt they will tone it down.

9. CCorn

CCorn Member

Huh? Did you even read what you quoted troll.

10. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

I did. You brought up hate politics. Pretty obvious which side has all the hate. unless people get on democrats to tone it down its gonna get very ugly.

Simple example, every poll shows Republicans fired up because of Kavanaugh stuff. Did any Republicans harass senators during the hearings like Dems did? they clear felt passionately about it. No they just vote, like you are supposed to.

11. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Ah yeah, Democrats in power is such a bad thing. I mean, one of the most liberal president of USA history was also one of its greatest who did nothing but win. Win a major world war and helped usher in America's golden age.

Yeah, it's not happening. Not only is @Bobbythegreat wrong about liberals growing up to be conservatives, I've shown him the data on this before, generations each tend to favor left or right and that generation tends to stay that way...but you're right that millennials are probably the most agnostic generation in history.

I mean, he can foolishly hope that when Millenials turn 50 they will vote red but data shows that many people rarely change their political parties in the first place, Millenials are now in their 30s, many of them.

I do think one thing we know for sure, young people have to learn the hard way about the importance of voting, so yeah, a few decades from now I think the GOP will have to massively change itself.

12. CCorn

CCorn Member

Oh my bad. My last sentence was actually talking about both sides. I was confused at what you were quoting.

John Oliver likes this.
  13. mick fry

mick fry Member

Cory Booker is now the new FDR but with a Spartacus flare.

14. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Only responding to your quote about if the Dems win, America loses.

I can understand how you reach that conclusion though when you've made yourself the ultimate victim.

Everyone knows that it's been so hard to be a straight white male in America.

- You can't harass people on twitter for their sexuality or race anymore without getting banned.
    - You cant safely sexually assault women working under you anymore without them blabbing about it.
    - Ugh, can't even discriminate against the LGBT community like the good ol days.

It's really hard being a straight white male in America nowadays and it's probably all Obama's fault.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  15. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I would agree with that and honestly that's one of the biggest reasons why I'm not a Republican. The nonsense from the "religious right" is becoming less and less of a problem though. It was a really big issue 20 years ago, but it is less of an issue today. The Republicans should abandon the "religious right" and all other authoritarian elements within the party and let the Democratic party be the party of authoritarianism while embracing libertarianism. It would be the best for all.

BruceAndre likes this.
  16. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

It's pretty funny that someone who throws racial pity parties all the time would post something like this. Either way, I hope one day you'll realize that judging people on the color of their skin, sex, or their sexual preference is a really backwards way of being. I can always hope that one day you'll grow out of that no matter how old you currently are.....it's never too late to improve yourself.

mick fry and John Oliver like this.
  17. mick fry

mick fry Member

Now my plans of beating a gay dude and sexually assaulting a woman on my way to a KKK meeting doesn’t have quite the same ring to it, thanks for spoiling my weekend.

BruceAndre likes this.
  18. John Oliver

John Oliver Member

I hope you got consent from all those straw men you just exploited.

mick fry likes this.
  19. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

What's funnier is that I was responding to a guy who was lamenting about being a white male in America lol.

I guess you missed that though.

20. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

No bigger strawman than the idea that Dems are out to persecute white men.

FranchiseBlade and B-Bob like this.