1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Best car stereo dealer in Houston

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by dragician, Jan 11, 2014.

1. dragician

dragician Member

Need to upgrade my base sound system on my 128 BMW.

Any recommendation is appreciated.

Thanks.

2. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

LCAhmed's bro owns a nice shop around town, you should hit him up for a quote.

3. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

Cartunes off of I-45 south between 96 and 646. It's a little passed the clear lake area.

4. Precision340

Precision340 Member

King's Flea Market

5. dragician

dragician Member

Thanks.

6. B

B Contributing Member

Nice to know! Do they also install rear view / passenger side cameras? I'm thinking of buying a used car and doing some minor upgrades to it.

7. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

He's hard to find, but typically he'll find you -- he usually drives a white mini-van with the last two ultra-speakers his last client couldn't afford. He always gives you a great deal and you can just drop the speakers in the trunk and bump like a MF'er.

1 person likes this.
  8. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

9. aeroman10

aeroman10 Contributing Member

Yeah. I had a lockpick installed at CarTunes. You can add rear, front, side, and inside cams with it...

10. benchmoochie

not a lot you can do there to get clean sound. if you want to keep that head unit youll have to get a LOC, line out converter and connect to an external aftermarket sound which wont be a clean connect bc stock headunit doesn't have a pre amp out. anyhow then you just replace all the speakers in your car. you can get that bavsound unit which replaces all 8 speakers or so. if you want to keep your stock headunit but sounds like you have base stereo. ive never heard the base stereo system in a 3 or 1 series though. if you want more bass youll have to put speakers under your seats or get a legit box. a good box with 1 10" ported and another amp for that probably looking at 1500 for that.

11. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

This. Stop at Timmy Chans on your way out and pick up some wings and fried rice.

12. dragician

dragician Member

it's base sound system, no tweeter. i've heard about that BSW (bavsound) but i haven't found a nice review. have you tried it or heard it already? Bass is no problem, it's the hi freq that needs a boost.

thanks.

13. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Anyone remember that kickass place Progressive Audio Design on Westheimer between Eldridge and 6 (same center where Triple Crown and that laser tag place is)? That dude did good work.

14. benchmoochie

I've heard it on a 3 series. if it's just hi freq then maybe swap out the speakers or do a LOC small 4 channel amp and change out the speakers. you may have to drill into the door to get a nice component in the front. that's probably what I would do add components in front and normal rear coaxial and a 4 channel alpine amp to run it.

15. benchmoochie

I asked around. try.

1) xpert tint
    2) car audio zone

16. dragician

dragician Member

thanks.