1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ben Mclemore is bad

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by psaman17, Nov 21, 2019.

1. psaman17

psaman17 Member

Defensively he is clueless but thats not why he is on the court so i wont even go there.
    In terms of IQ, he might be the stupidest player on the team, below even Gerald Green. But again, we don't expect him to be Chris Paul.

Here is my main beef with Mclemore.
    How the hell is this guy shooting 30% from 3 when all of his 3s are wide open? Can't shoot, can't drive, can't defend, low IQ, no wonder this guy was on the verge of being out of the NBA for good.

When Eric Gordon comes back, please leave his ass on the bench for good.

2. mrstriker316

mrstriker316 Member

Whats worse to me when people were hyped about getting thabo lol. He has it 0 impact on any game this year. Waste of a roster spot.

3. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

It's probably the reason why Morey's overseas watching a bunch of Euroleague ball, looking at guys like Mirotic. We need more efficient players.

Red Hova, Hakeemtheking and HP3 like this.
  4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Stop saying everyone is bad......you can't dole out 2 or 3 million contracts and expect Malcom Brogdon.

Ben Mac had at least 3-5 games that are serviceable to good, and they won those games.

5. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

I, for one, am shocked that a player who barely was able to stay in the league prior to joining the Rockets is, in fact, not very good.

Penny pinching for cheap players is great if you want to save some money. It’s bad if you want your team to have quality depth to help win a championship.

BasketMAD, thekad, Tfor3 and 8 others like this.
  6. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Mirotic would be great on this team.

7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Yeah, Mac is still better than what MCW and James Ennis the Third produced last year.

MrSabotage, 34to11, Patience and 9 others like this.
  8. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Agreed. Too bad he's not a vet min salary player but Morey's gotta be scheming for something...at least I hope he is.

Highlyrated, Tfor3 and justtxyank like this.
  9. YOLO

YOLO Member

what do you expect. you're signing fringe players that could easily be out of the league for min. hes had some good showings and bad. that comes with the territory. don't expect elite role players when that's not what you're getting in the first place

Thabo has been a complete dud and many were convinced he was still serviceable on a nightly basis.

Patience, Nook and Denovo like this.
  10. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Morey is dealt a really tough hand. Compete for a title with two stars on super maxes without going into the luxury tax. He's being asked to find gold in a dollar store.

11. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

James Ennis balled the hell out for the Sixers in the playoffs. Something I could never see Mac do. I don't want either but I'd take Ennis if I have to.

RocketsTerps, HP3 and jcmoon like this.
  12. jcmoon

jcmoon Contributing Member

yes and I agree he deserves an entire thread dedicated to how bad he is. THANK YOU.

He just doesn't have it and I don't think its a lack of skill either. I bet he hits a whole bunch of those threes in practice, but when it comes to game time his nuts shrivel up. Its time to cut our losses. These are wide open threes. Not only that, once he gets that pass from harden in the midrange he doesn't know what the **** to do with it. He's a one dimensional 3 point shooter who's bad at it. He needs to shoot at least 45 percent from 3 to justify his bad defense. NOPE.

I'd rather play gary clark over him at this point and move on.

seeingred and Highlyrated like this.
  13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Fair enough, remember, he balled out in the East though. His Offense was below average when he was here.

#13 daywalker02, Nov 21, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2019
  14. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Yes, which is why he was basically out of the league.......he is an end of bench player at best.

DD

jcmoon likes this.
  15. J.R.

J.R. Member

What?! I heard McLemore & Clemons make Gordon expendable!

16. opticon

opticon Member

Ben has value in our system he just needs to continue to get comfortable and continue to grind. He has the physical tools to be a solid rotation player.

17. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Gordon is also declining....I would like to explore trading him next year....

DD

Highlyrated likes this.
  18. jowman

jowman Member

He’s terrible, not good at any aspect of the game. There’s a reason he was available, dude should be third sting use in case of emergency type player not regular bench rotation guy.

We’d have been better off resigning melo, slightly worse defense but can create his own shot and hit open 3s.

19. YOLO

YOLO Member

oh people need to stop with this melo garbage. dude is absolute trash. shut the damn door already. how is it possible that you still have people clamoring for this guy.

BackNthDay, Patience, Nook and 3 others like this.
  20. Reeko

Reeko Member

u can never trust that OP’s work

BackNthDay and J.R. like this.