1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[#BeMoreLikeEurope] France Wants to Ban the Burkini

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Cohete Rojo, Aug 26, 2016.

1. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yes, you are either confused or purposefully misrepresenting what I said. Either way, it is pointless to try and explain it further. The only thing I can say is not everyone that wears one is hurt by wearing it. I said they might be hurt by it, depending on any number of conditions that go along with it. Best of luck to you.

2. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

And then you said no one should care did you not? To care is a bizarre obsession?

Yung-T likes this.
  3. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

The hijab and burkah are throwbacks to another era - which no logical and reasonable individual wants to be a part. Why then has this thread dragged on for so long? We "should" have an unanimous agreement, but we don't.

4. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

1) I lived in Germany for 9 months, and virtually every Muslim I met shared the same idea when I asked how it feels to have a good secure life: "As long as you can tolerate the racism." The most common thing said was: "Germans hate us." I met Turkish, Eritrean, Iranian and Indonesian muslims.

And my personal experience is that over a period of 9 months in a city littered with colleges, I faced direct racism several times. So did my mother, so did my sister who doesn't even wear hijab. Last year, my sister in law and her friends - a group of young girls in shorts out to party - paid money to cut their Berlin trip short because they were made uncomfortable by a couple of racist incidents in a couple of days. Berlin, they were told, is one of the most open minded cities in Germany.

The key point here is, Germans are not necessarily racist and my experience is anecdotal and is not a representative sample by any stretch of the imagination. But there is racism in Germany, like all places. And it is being exacerbated by the media and by bigots. And when you combine fear of the unknown, post traumatic stress disorder, poverty, being spoken about in the media like cattle 24 hours a day, youth who have witnessed mass graves, and homesickness (for a home that likely doesn't exist anymore).... it would be an absolute miracle if that segment of the population did not commit more crimes, even with all the genuinely wonderful benefits that they receive in Germany which 99% of the adults are appreciative about and we all know there are tons of countries not even offering them THAT.

2) Assimilation is not part of the deal. Germans need to drop this as it is beginning to sound very eery. These people don't all want to assimilate, they are a group of individuals. It's not a reasonable expectation that most people who move to a country assimilate, especially since the native population of that country are not mostly assimilated themselves. It is not happening anywhere in the world. The deal here is: we give you social blanket, you do jobs for cheap and try your luck at the social ladder. There are no other conditions that the politicians and the refugees have genuinely agreed to, despite what either of them say in public. The refugees are not being accepted out of some type courtesy or mercy or good heartedness of politicians that were directly or indirectly involved in the destruction of their countries.

To be fair though, this is a great deal for rich people, a decent deal for the refugees, and a shitty deal for the citizens of the accepting countries. So I can understand the unhappiness from the people, but it is ridiculous that they blame it on the refugees. Take it up with your gate keeper if she's not too busy selling arms to human rights abusers.

3) Culture is not a static thing. And the culture of a large group of people is simply the combination of all the cultures of the people in it. Think of a glass of Coke. The ingredients of that Coke make it a coke. It's not the glass (in this metaphor, the glass being the state) that makes it a Coke. If you pour Sprite into that glass, it's not longer a Coke. You can't ask the Sprite to be Coke, and the Coke doesn't even exist anymore anyway. We have a new drink. So enjoy your shawarma and your beer, be stern against male-dictated dress be it too little or too much, take preventative measures against allowing communities to sour, and get ready to hand over money to very rich people. Next time, consider taking a stand against politicians who act in the interests of rich people. That is how culture has always worked, and it is how culture will forever work barring some bizarre social engineering project.

Rocket River likes this.
  5. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Textbook self-victimization as part of Islamist propaganda. Germany should not have allowed you in for 9 months in the first place. Be thankful that you were allowed to be in the country. Did you have a visa or did you just overstay your welcome?

The key point here is that you are an Islamist propagandist.

Then GTFO.

Who are you to tell us what to drop or not? You as an Islamist propagandist should not be in the country in the first place.

Then they can GTFO.

The deal is: GTFO with your Islamist propaganda. There is no deal with you. The only deal is that you can go back to your sandpit.

WTF are you even blabbering on about.

Like Saudi Arabia. The country you loved so much that you wished you lived there. Or the UAE. Where you worked for the dictatorial government. Just shut up, you Islamist turd.

Whatever. Your "culture" is inferior to any other culture in the world.

6. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

It's freedom of religion. You are the perfect republican. You are all about the first amendment except when you disagree with it. If they want to wear it fine. If they don't it's great too.

7. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

Someone told me in Europe Bernie Sanders would be considered a centrist. I don't want to live in a place where Bernie Sanders is a centrist.

8. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

You don't get it.

9. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Assimilation never happens until the 2nd generation.

DD

10. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

2nd generation is often worse, when it comes to Muslims in Europe.

Yung-T likes this.
  11. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

Supposedly now forbidden on Lebanese beaches.

12. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

Should we alert the European authorities you no longer wish to move there?

Yung-T likes this.