1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[#BeMoreLikeEurope] France Wants to Ban the Burkini

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Cohete Rojo, Aug 26, 2016.

1. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Millions of Germans who live right with you disagree so obviously it's far more subjective than you want to believe.

Which German should I believe?

Let's see it this way. You'll brush off anecdotes of mine that counter any preconcieved paradigms you might have also.

2. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Maybe answer my whole post? Random leftist and overly tolerant idiots have more merit than actual police reports, judges, policemen and official crime stats?
    And above all, you sitting in the USA, with not the tiniest amount of contact to the refugees and people here in Germany, feel like you're in the position to call me a bigot with an agenda?

3. fchowd0311

No... I'm just more tolerant of humans in general buddy. I still have empathy for a country where a half a village was trying to kill me. I can understand circumstance which leads to empathy. For someone who's never been in a real physical life altering engagement with Islamic extremists you sure are a ****ing p***y.

You're life is easy buddy. You'll probably never be physically effected by Islamic terrorists in your entire life. Sleep easy. Let the educated experts in intellegence and law enforcement in Germany handle it.

4. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

It's amazing how you continue to dodge the topic in every single f****in post.
    First you spew nonsense about me being a racist and having a twisted view because of personal anecdotes. When I tell you about judges, policemen, official reports and crime stats, you suddenly talk crap about me being a "f****ing p***y", it's absolutely embarassing how little you can defend your viewpoint and prior statements.

And the bullsh** about "tolerance" or "empathy" has absolutely no place in a conversation about rapists, oppressors and other kinds of criminals. Why the F should I be tolerant on people who are saved from a war but then try to press their culture on me, rape women and commit all other kinds of crimes? Where's their tolerance or empathy?

It's amusing how you hide behind this "I fought extremists" story, it's the only thing you have to say.

Think again, you talk all this sh** to a person that has personal experiences with refugees, a ton of relatives and official statements/data. You have never personally met a refugee in Germany, you go deaf when thousands of officials and policemen talk about their struggles, but feel in the position to call me out and defend these refugees, without even knowing them.

It's incredibly obvious you don't want to see the truth and would rather stick to your BS than facing facts. It's beyond me how you can even defend these people without having any insight or ever having met them.

5. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

The burkha and hijab are anti-rape technologies which are not mentioned (as I understand) within the Quran but instead are mentioned in other Islamic texts.

6. fchowd0311

Who the **** said anything about not prosecuting and going after rapists and murderers?

7. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

No one, please tell me where I wrote anything about not persecuting anyone?
    And again, no response to my actual words.

The point where you respond with "you sure are a f***ing p***y" to someone asking for a response to official statements and statistics is probably where you should know that you aren't thinking clear and are only defending these people out of selfish and deeply personal reasons.

8. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

Today the left celebrates the hijab as a symbol of cultural identity. Sad!

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  9. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm so glad you recognize that the left does this. I know that I do. I'm my way to a hijab breakfast celebration right now. Tonight we are going to shoot off fireworks that explode in the shape of hijabs because all of us on the left just love the hijab so much. When I think cultural identity I think hijab.

Exiled and R0ckets03 like this.
  10. fchowd0311

People like Commodore don't understand that it's not the hijab we defend. It's the right of the hijab wearer to not be harassed by bigots. Commadore does what every right winger does. Seek after kooky ultra feminist blogs and equate that to mainstream liberalism.

R0ckets03 and FranchiseBlade like this.
  11. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

It's just strange because someone wearing a hijab doesn't hurt anyone else. It doesn't hurt Commodore, it doesn't hurt me, or anyone except possibly the wearer of the hijab.

12. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

That's an extremely poor showing of moral philosophy skills and a far worse defense than fchowd gave. You accepted the wearer might be "hurt" but no one else should care as they will not be hurt. You could justify many things this way but the problem with that morality is we live in a society.

Yung-T and AroundTheWorld like this.
  13. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

Actually, that's not what I said, that's what you read into it. I'm not in favor of mandated Hijab wearing. What I was saying is that it's not an issue that should be at the top of anyone's list bad things. It might be a part of a tiny part of a much more worthwhile goal of pushing for more enlightened and open society in parts of the middle east. But to simply focus on the hijab and burka isn't really doing that.

Exiled likes this.
  14. Bandwagoner

It certainly not an issue that should be at the top of a list of problems in our society, but let's be clear you said

it doesn't hurt me, or anyone except possibly the wearer of the hijab.

Injury to one person in a society is an injury to a society. You are suggesting otherwise and now trying to change the topic to the degree of injury. It is a horrible defense. You should reread fchowds comment and then realize how it is different from your crappy philosophy.

15. fchowd0311

I think it stems from intent.

If a random knob who has no affiliation with Islam starts harassing a random woman wearing a hijab, that person has no intentions of making that woman's life better but rather they are just virtue signaling that they are the better person because they aren't apart of the culture. Those type of people who just want to rag on Muslims because it makes them feel better that they perceive there are worse people than them are nothing more than bigots and there are plenty of em out there.

If the hijabi is in a close circle of non Muslim friends and one of those friends privately asks her if her private life is fine and that hijab is of her own free will, I know that person is coming from a positive intent of wanting to genuinely help that woman.

16. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

Again that's all you reading stuff into what I said that I never said. If you'd like to make up arguments to debate against that I didn't actually make, then go ahead. I haven't changed the subject at all. I tried to clarify what I meant since you seemed confused. You now appear even more confused.

I did read his argument and wasn't echoing it, but in addition to agreeing completely with his statement, I commented on the fact that some people have a bizarre obsession with the burka despite the fact that it doesn't really cause harm to them.

I don't know what else to say. Either that will clear up your confusion, or you will become even more confused. If your confusion doesn't dissipate then it isn't really worth going on with you pretending I was advocating things I never advocated.

17. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

nah, the hijab is definitely celebrated, not merely tolerated

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

18. fchowd0311

K?

What do this pictures actually mean to you?

19. Bandwagoner

You are the one who doesn't get it. Having a problem with a member of society being hurt isn't a "bizarre obsession" it is a civic responsibility.

"it doesn't hurt me, or anyone except possibly the wearer of the hijab."

Not a sound moral philosophy in a society and neither is the "not an issue that should be at the top of anyone's list bad things" justification. your statement means Commodore shouldn't care because it's no skin off his back and him worrying about a member of society being injured is a "bizarre obsession".

20. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

People should be allowed to dress how they like. If a woman wants to cover her face than so be it. But to pass laws banning it because snowflakes like you find it distasteful and makes you uncomfortable isn't in line with western values and more like Saudi Arabia.