1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

BCS Championship Game: No. 1 Alabama vs. No. 2 Texas

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by ItsMyFault, Dec 5, 2009.

1. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

2. rocketsqtc

rocketsqtc Member

That reminded me of that epic post of selling a Yao autograph on the boards. Anyways, made me laugh hard.

I also went to the game, was proud of the effort. Yeah, there were mistakes etc . . . but just couldn't get over the hump. But still, despite all that, we had the ball with 3 minutes left . . . crazy just to be there and feel that after going into the half down 18.

I sat in section 23, Bama section, they were literally crapping in their pants, you could hear pin drops in there when we converted the 2 point conversion. I really thought I was going to experience what I did in 06 again when I was there.

It was surreal, then the sack. C'est la vie. Gilbert is going to be a stud. Looking forward to the next 2-3 years with him, I know we'll be back.

3. PointForward

PointForward Member

The Cat, you just pulled an interwebz self-pwnage that closely rivals, and in my opinion beats out, several such self-pwnage instances displayed by basso.

from wikipedia.com (yo, you can quite this post with a " :rolleyes: " referring to wikipedia as an obviously unreliable source):
    check out my earlier post, I believe I specifically referred to his "injury" as a stinger.

LULZ :rolleyes:

4. J.R.

J.R. Member

5. LonghornFan

6. Baseballa

Baseballa Member

I see your wikipedia, and I raise you a real life experience.

When my little brother was three he tripped and fell awkwardly, pinching the nerve in his shoulder. He didn't cry at all, just kind of sat there and looked at his now-limp arm. He couldn't move it at all at first, and when he could, it was very minimal. We took him to the doctor, and when we had him squeeze his fingers, there was absolutely no strength at all. He was fine in a few days, and yes, overall it was a "minor" injury. However, in the first few hours after it happened he could barely move the arm, let alone try and throw anything.

Just as Colt said: If he were a safety he could have gone right back there and made some tackles. However, and I know this may be a hard topic to grasp, the quarterback of a football team needs to have some strength in his throwing arm to be effective. But it's okay, we all know if he had come out there and thrown a lame duck pass (because, you know, he couldn't feel feel his throwing arm) you would have criticized him for being selfish and hurting the team.

Don't try so hard, PF (aka bigtexxx jr.)... your anti-UT bias is showing.

7. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

Also, if your arm/hand is numb, how do you take the snap or extend it for handoffs?

It would have been a disaster had he tried to play.

8. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

So tell me, when did Texas starting scoring touchdownsin the game? :rolleyes:

Did McGrady return to the team?

9. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

You have to work the kid into the game, you can't just throw him in there firing. He wasn't ready to go in and make all the progression and reads necessary to run the spread, especially under the circumstances. The interception in the 2nd quarter is a perfect example of why they have to work him in, he locked onto the WR and the defense read him perfectly and made a good play. We started throwing more in the 2nd half because we obviously had to catch up, but also because we were able to make adjustments to the offense and because GG was probably calmed down a little more.

I was at the game and was yelling for allowing GG to pass more, but I completely understood working him into the game rather than letting him go pass crazy right off the back.

#1489 gucci888, Jan 9, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2010
  10. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

Learn football and then come back... you don't instantly start scoring with a freshman QB who hasn't played but garbage minutes this season... :rolleyes:
    Watch a little more college football buddy.

11. astros148

astros148 Member

lol there just trollin

12. astros148

astros148 Member

o ya texas plays at Nebraska next year , so if we go undefeated then BCS championship here we come again!

13. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

Obama Calls Brown... kind of classy I think.

14. BmwM3

BmwM3 Contributing Member

Maybe Obama invited Mack Brown to join Bilderberg. :eek:

15. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Cheh right. That's going to be for Ohio State!

16. astros148

astros148 Member

osu is a joke . they lose to penn state next yr .

17. LonghornFan

Penn State is losing half of their team. OSU is a top five team coming into next year. Mark it down.

18. J.R.

J.R. Member

The early, early, early, early Top 25 teams for next year according to Rivals.

http://collegefootball.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1037628

19. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

Texas is still better than Bama.

20. LonghornFan

Quit being bitter. Seriously.