1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Baylor Bears Football Thread

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by Brandyon, Aug 28, 2013.

1. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

If Baylor wants to be taken seriously don't schedule Wofford. The big 12 is terrible, easily the worst of the big 5, and Baylor thus far has beaten the worst of an already bad conference.

If they beats down OU, I'll take a little notice, but right now they're just a tall midget.

2. tmac2therack

tmac2therack Member

We didn't schedule Wofford, we were supposed to play @SMU the first game of the season but they got scared and bought they game out late in the Spring so our AD had to scramble to find a replacement and most FBS teams were already full by then.

3. tmac2therack

tmac2therack Member

And that is laughable if you think the B1G is better than the Big 12 lol, Big Ten is horrible besides overrated Ohio State

4. tmac2therack

tmac2therack Member

Sorry for the Triple post..

So pumped for Thursday

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/tbU3YrJMbUY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/TQBBakTXuSI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/JDZJPTf8ZsM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The Case should be electric.. Who is going to be there? I am planning on getting to Waco around 12 and hitting up Georges.

5. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Oh you mean like A&M who scheduled 4 cupcakes out of conference themselves. They haven't beaten a ranked team while losing to both ranked teams they played but sit at like 12. SEC bias ftw

Oregon beat UCLA? Great, so did we to finish last season. They're 19 now. I believe we beat them at 15ish.

6. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

7. tmac2therack

tmac2therack Member

Absolute Chills..

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/DABp9nBbt98" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Is it Thursday yet?

8. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

In before Ziggy comes in with pee pee references, moral victories for aggie for nearly beating Bama, and how Big 12 is inferior to SEC SEC SEC.

9. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

So much fun to watch! Can't wait for Thursday!!!

10. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Me either!

11. Buck Turgidson

Thanks for posting that

12. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

13. Brando2101

Brando2101 Contributing Member

The other cool angle with Baylor relates to their crisis a few years ago when the the Big 12 exodus was rumored to happen. They made that big press release pleading to be included in the move but everyone overlooked them because the program was so ****ty. Then you see what Briles has done and the perspective completely changes. It helps that the big 12 moved to equal profit sharing. The new stadium I think will help a lot too.

Anyway, beat OU.

1 person likes this.
  14. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

15. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

I agree with you...but I also agree with sealclubber1016. What A&M has done has nothing to do with the fact that Baylor has yet to play a team that would be even remotely considered challenging. To date, the best team Baylor has played is arguably Buffalo. According to Sagarin, A&M's sos is 46th. Baylor's is 93rd.

Whip OU Thursday night on national tv and I will be right there saying they should be in the conversation. But right now, I think you guys have a lot to prove.

As I mentioned earlier, too, all Baylor fans should become huge UT fans over the next few weeks. You need them to be 9-2 and ranked going into that game if you want any hope of jumping past Oregon or Florida State.

16. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

If we win on Thursday night, the usual suspects will be in here talking about the Bears beating up on a down Big XII. It won't matter. I could not care less. Too much fun watching them play.

17. Brandyon

Brandyon Member

Read this earlier today after getting a text about it upon waking up. Great read. I've know how well respect Briles is in Texas football for a long time now, and this really gives some insight on, beyond just winning, why he is.

What he, Scott Drew, & Ian McCaw have done with our athletics is nothing short of amazing.

18. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Props to Baylor for the big win, a little surprised it was a blowout.

19. RocketManJosh

RocketManJosh Contributing Member

Congrats on the nice win last night Bears fans!

2 people like this.
  20. J.R.

J.R. Member

Impressive.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Baylor is the only school in the national top 10 in scoring O, passing O, rushing O, total O, scoring D, passing D &amp; total D.</p>&mdash; Chris Huston (@HeismanPundit) <a href="https://twitter.com/HeismanPundit/statuses/400516503738404864">November 13, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

1 person likes this.