1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Baylor Bears Football Thread

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by Brandyon, Aug 28, 2013.

1. Brandyon

Brandyon Member

Claimed a few scoring records with todays game. Some people measuring us against OU & their 34-0 win over LAM. 35-0 in the 1st quarter accomplished that.

Now, we wait two weeks...

2. tmac2therack

tmac2therack Member

7 PM kick off for WVU on Fox Sports 1, hope we black out the game, can't wait to see the all black look.

No one is stopping the offense and Briles..Bank on it.

3. tmac2therack

tmac2therack Member

Can't wait to see the Chrome lids this weekend..

[​IMG]

4. Brandyon

Brandyon Member

I'm honestly not the biggest fan of the chrome :( Preferred the matte black helmets with that uni, but who cares what I think? As long as they're ready for the start of Big 12 play, I'll be a happy camper.

On another note, TTU fans have been pretty vocal about Baylor in social media lately. Looking forward to that game as much as I am OU now.

5. tmac2therack

tmac2therack Member

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/9uxUCxPAPdQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

So pumped for Saturday

6. tmac2therack

tmac2therack Member

[​IMG]

BUs equipment guy tweeted this..

Look sick..

7. Brandyon

Brandyon Member

Band wagon is starting to fill up now, fellas. :cool:

Some are going to point at the 45 pts given up and say our D still sucks, but the first 7 were given up on the special teams fumble & the 21 4th quarter points was against the 2nd unit.

My only concern going forward is the Ahmad Dixon injury. He's arguably the most important player on defense in this scheme.

8. Major

Major Member

With Baylor games this season, you really have to just look at the halftime scores to evaluate them properly since the 2nd half is garbage time. Baylor could have put up 100 on each of their opponents thus far had they tried.

9. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

Agreed. Starters were resting by the 3rd quarter.

10. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I watched the RG3 Baylor team play Washington in San Antonio a few years back. I left the game in utter disgust. It was the most pathetic defensive display I'd ever seen. I hated that game. Then, last year, against WVU, the same crap performance. Felt like Baylor could beat almost anyone on any given day but that they still sucked, sure they could beat Stanford for a game, but if they played them 10 times they'd lose 9.

Watched them on Saturday expecting much of the same. But this wasn't that... Baylor looked much better on defense. 70% of the battle on the college level is having defensive talent. I guess they've stepped it up in that department. No more Jordan Lake recording 32 tackles. Defense looks, dare I say... decent.

11. tmac2therack

tmac2therack Member

No one will come within 3 TDs of us, the offense is utterly ridiculous right now.

12. tmac2therack

tmac2therack Member

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/4mBVHXz5tPo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

SVP love today..

13. Brandyon

Brandyon Member

Opposing coaches have been gushing about the Bears after each game. I think some of what Holgorsen said has added to the collection of telling statements.

14. Brandyon

Brandyon Member

Game was too close for comfort, but it was nice to get a win on that first road game. A few of my thoughts:

-Daniel Sams deserves a TON of credit. My hat's off to this kid. Strong, patient running that allowed KSU to control clock. Hadn't seen a QB run with that kind of vision elsewhere this season. The way he was changing pace mid-play to let blocking unfold was just plain enjoyable to watch. I'll be making it a point to watch him play again.

-Goodley's TD run was incredible. Don't even know how he saw the guy he have the stiff are coming from behind. However, his drops were KILLER for the offense. There were at least 3, but maybe 4.

-I'm surprised they didn't try to get Seastruck in space out wide more often. They continued trying to get him to the second level behind the guards, but only Martin had much success. When our o-line is dominating like the previous 4 weeks then fine. But if they aren't we should be able to get him in space elsewhere.

-I'm very glad they tested us. We needed a close call to remind this team that they aren't some unstoppable force, and that preparation for every game is more important the the one before it.

-I could be wrong, but I felt like there were fewer 4-5 WR sets this week. Not to take away from the great game K-State had on defense, but we seemed less intent of spreading their defense out. Wanted to see more Coleman, Norwood, Fuller, Lee, Rhodes on the field to spread things out.

November is going to be fun. Just glad nobody else in the Big 12 has a QB who can run the ball like that.

15. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

16. MadMax

One game at a time.

17. whag00

whag00 Contributing Member

#6 in the country.

Sic em!

1 person likes this.
  18. Major

Major Member

WTF? Ignoring the stupidity, Baylor hasn't played anyone. The three Big-12 teams they've played are a combined 1-9 in conference. Every before the season projected Baylor to be 7-0, even without knowing anything about how good they'd really be. Baylor's tests will come the rest of the season.

19. tmac2therack

tmac2therack Member

^^^^^

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Keep doubting <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Baylor&amp;src=hash">#Baylor</a>. We love it</p>&mdash; Bryce Petty (@b_petty14) <a href="https://twitter.com/b_petty14/statuses/392087293420257280">October 21, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

20. MadMax

Agreed...not real comfy with the "jewed" comment...

and once BU beats OU and OSU, the strength of schedule won't be an issue. Sic 'Em!