1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Bay Area sports columnist calls for NBA to fix HOU series

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by napalm06, May 8, 2019.

1. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Last year's series wasn't enough. Game 1 wasn't enough. 4 all stars isn't enough. Need.More.Help! Because, ratings!

In before "I don't get why people hate the Warriors. They're great and I have no problem with them."

upload_2019-5-8_16-21-27.png
    upload_2019-5-8_16-20-40.png
    upload_2019-5-8_16-21-59.png

Lawlruschang, BigggReddd and malakas like this.
  2. Mattician

Mattician Member

But the Warriors are just so likeable!

Lawlruschang and napalm06 like this.
  3. Hustle Town

Hustle Town Contributing Member

4. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

5. Reeko

Reeko Member

dude looks like a douchebag

the NBA does such a horrible job of promoting the league as a whole...all u ever hear about is GS, Lebron, star X, Y, and Z’s free agency, or some drama...there was never any talk about Toronto, never any talk about Jokic and Denver, Giannis got a little buzz, but the Milwaukee Bucks didn’t

GS will sweep Portland and destroy Denver, so is that supposed to be bringing in killer ratings? The disparity between them and GS is way too big to be interesting. Ain’t nobody trying to watch GS in the finals year after year. We finally got Lebron out of the finals, and thank God, because that had gotten incredibly stale.

There needs to be some new blood.

6. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

it deserves moar threads

7. malakas

malakas Member

The NBA is getting their $ fine from the tv contract. It's already been signed years ago.

The one who is destroying their income is GSW itself.
    They were sweeping the whole POs, lowering the no. of games and made the whole cap less!
    So stfu.

8. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Wow. I can't belive this guy is actually ASKING for 8 on 5. What a maroon- it's been 8 on 5 every game.

Beat me to it!

9. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

“The body” Ackerman wants to fight these dudes. He challenged the Memphis announcers to a wrestling match the game when jerry lawler and buff bagwell wrestled. This is just how he gets down.

tc0330, Hakeemtheking and Gray_Jay like this.
  10. magnetik

magnetik Contributing Member

The real reason the views are high for GSW vs Houston is not a huge worrier fanbase but all the other fanbases wanting someone to punch their ticket.

crimsonghost and napalm06 like this.
  11. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Good lord. I can’t believe the chump wrote that column. Totally unsurprising that when called out for it by another member of the media, who happens to be associated with the Rockets, he backtracks like a weasel and tries to attack Ackerman. The entire Bay Area should disown the guy. Not holding my breath.

By the way, although I’ve never commented about the guy here, I wasn’t that thrilled with the job Ackerman was doing when he switched to doing the road TV broadcasts. He clearly had a difficult time changing over from radio. Now I think he’s great! Craig Ackerman, you already had a fan. Now this fan thinks you’re amazing! :cool:

Bob Barker 007 and jcf like this.
  12. a time to chill

Nobody but people in the Bay Area want to see the Warriors in the finals for the 5th consecutive year anyway.

13. Gray_Jay

Gray_Jay Member

Ackerman is fantastic. I mean, he'll never be Chick Hearn, but he's intelligent enough, and passionate enough, that the broadcast is helped by his call.

The massive, overwhelming sense of entitlement of Bay Area people, never mind just Warriors fans, is something that has to be experienced in order to fully understand. Live in "the City"----no kidding, that's what local media types there wanted people to call San Francisco for years---and see in the flesh a group of people who think, "But, but: I want it!" is sufficient reason for other people to do things.

I'm so glad I moved from there over 20 years ago. To Hell with those people.

14. jev5555

jev5555 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

And Utah for some odd reason.

15. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

Craig is a G. he always hold it dine for h tine.

[​IMG]

Hard_foul, Rasheed, Reeko and 4 others like this.
  16. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

That’s a trip. I’m a native Houstonian who’s lived in Austin since 1980, but I know that when someone says, “The City,” it’s not on the West Coast. ;-)

Gray_Jay likes this.
  17. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

They would rather be inside watching the game than walking around their city avoiding poop grenades and spent needles.

Our fairweather city can produce ratings too.

Deckard likes this.
  18. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

i lived there 7 years. great weather, beautiful topography, nice food. puzzlingly arrogant and socially inept people

also, ackerman is a fine representative of our team, enjoy the enthusiasm in his broadcasts

Deckard, Gray_Jay and jcf like this.
  19. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Hopefully when this kid hits puberty he'll mature a bit

20. Gray_Jay

Gray_Jay Member

I always thought of The City of London when I heard it. Maybe I read too much Herb Caen when I was there?

They absolutely hated "Frisco." No one ever talked much about Oakland, though people would go visit Berkeley. Maybe a Warriors game and see Run TMC. And think they were daring for going to that rib place under the freeway, I think it was Doug's, but don't quote me. For all its blather about tolerance, it was a fairly self-segregated area when I lived there.

Weird, for the first few months after moving to Texas, I'd hear, "Good Morning," and whip my head around, trying to figure out who people were talking to. Eventually I realized it's just how Texans are. And I love it.

(Though I do miss the Bay Area's weather.)

Deckard likes this.