1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Barr Secularists

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Carl Herrera, Oct 13, 2019.

1. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

2. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I might see a strange alliance happening with those scary Cult of Moloch folks. Barr and the Molochians working together to wipe out secularists is bad news.

mdrowe00 likes this.
  3. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

"traditional values," eh, Bill? Like those embodied by the POTUS?

What a sad fraud of a once smart man.

#3 B-Bob, Oct 13, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2019
  4. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

FYI: this is legit what the religious right believes

Hence: why they believe that Trump breaking the law is completely necessary right now. They whole heartily believe that liberalism and the satanic secret society that puts liberals in power, is an existential threat to the world.

My mother (who I love deeply still) genuinely believes we are in end times right now, and that the antichrist (who was Obama before but might be Hillary or soon to be Biden or Warren) is about to take power. The only thing that can save Israel and fight the antichrist after the rapture will be Donald Trump.

Sounds batshit crazy right???....

Just look at books like this and have the courage to google Trump end times prophecy.

So what do we do to really even have a normal objective conversation with people like this?? I’m at a loss myself.

mdrowe00 and FranchiseBlade like this.
  5. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

Dude, just read some @cml750 posts on this message board comparing Donald Trump to King David.

For reference:

And sadly this guy is considered to be one of the more rational minded conservatives on this message board. Loves God and country but is anxiously anticipating end times for all. What a Christian!

6. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

Hmmm Crazy thing is the things that POTUS is actually doing would make him the AntiChrist...

T_Man

mdrowe00 and FranchiseBlade like this.
  7. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Like starting WW3 in the Middle East... yeah.

But that’s part of what excites his base. To know these folks is to know how obsessed they are with end times, and the eventual war that will wipe out about half of Jews in Israel before God comes again and they repent. The self fulfilling prophecy is actually pretty chilling. Stoking a collision course with Iran, Israel, Saudis, etc.

I think self fulfilling prophecy sort of sums it up. I see a lot of potential lives lost in the near future with the instability Trump is creating in the Middle East.

The truth though is that Putin really should be getting most of the credit/blame for what happens these next 10 years or so. Many of these dominoes were setup by him and hes the one pushing them to fall when they are to ultimately benefit him.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  8. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Anyone read Neil Stephenson's The Fall. Don't venture off the interstate highways!! :)

B-Bob and FranchiseBlade like this.
  9. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

The secularization of America is almost as troublesome as the urbanization of the Toyota Center.

10. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

So, I'm sincerely asking here...

How has religious and traditional values been under assault?

Surely this is a free country, right? No one is forcing anyone to be agnostic or athiest or gay or lesbian...

11. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I agree with this and London's Burning post. I've heard these same things from Trump supporting friends of mine. I've heard them say that Trump is a "baby Christian" who has come to the Bible late in life. I've heard them excuse any faults Trump may have because Leftist are evil and that it takes someone like Trump to fight them. Sadly this is why I think we are in for some very rough times and that there will be violence.

dobro1229 likes this.
  12. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

THIS Secular culture is forcing all of that.

13. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Jesus has always said that the end justifies the means, no?

JuanValdez likes this.
  14. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

I think you are right about this. Strangely, I think Trump is the one person that could circumvent that outcome, if he was capable of showing grace, regret, or remorse in any measure.

15. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

That’s what Christians do. sin first, apologize second. When you have a get out of jail card for any situation or decision why worry about silly things like morals.

mdrowe00 likes this.
  16. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The thing is that Trump isn't apologizing for anything. He's not repenting for his sins.

17. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

He’s not a Christian he’s a con man.

No Worries and FranchiseBlade like this.
  18. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I started looking into this guy and apparently he was outspoken about conspiracy theories right before confirmation.

Probably grew senile and was wearing a wife beater and PJs when Trump picked him up off the porch

19. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

Religious faiths are a voluntary beliefs in mythic tales that give explanations for the unknowable, provide communities of like values that allow trust and predictable interactions between them, and provide hope for the hopeless.

But now we know something about the origin of the universe, the workings of DNA and evolution, the interaction of brain parts and some psychology. The proclamation of an omnipotence just doesn't have the same power.

I don't think there is any way to put that genie back in the bottle Mr. Barr. You can rail and lament change, but it always happens.