1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Bannon is Out

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Ubiquitin, Aug 18, 2017.

1. srrm

srrm Contributing Member

One of the first things to do now is to give the State Department a decent budget and hire for many of the vacant positions

2. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

#WAR is not with Trump. It is with members of his administration.

3. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The Atlantic: Bannon is 'Going Nuclear'

4. conquistador#11

savory beautiful buttery popcorn revenue profit must be tremendous.

NewRoxFan likes this.
  5. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

mtbrays, CometsWin and NewRoxFan like this.
  6. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Morey better catch up. Trump starting to out-pace him in personnel moves this summer.
    Same article also says this:

Another source close to Bannon said that he remains loyal to Trump himself. But “when Steve feels the Trump administration is wrong, will he point to the people he has the inside knowledge about who are pushing for certain policies? I assume he will.”​

7. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Atlantic Bob sounds like the name of a pool hustler from the 50's

8. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

conquistador#11 likes this.
  9. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

10. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

I dunno if this has been said before , but I have a quick thought. I don't really care that he fired bannon . Bannon will either continue to have influence over trump , or there was no influence from the get go .

His firing is a scapegoat .... Trump thinks .. Oh the heat is on me , I'll fire bannon , that will be the story ... And it has been .

CometsWin likes this.
  11. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

12. chrispbrown

chrispbrown Member

Bannon isnt going to criticize Trump..he is going to go all in on media, deep state, ect.

I think its strategic. Now were going to hear things the white house wants to say but is not a message that is palatable to Washington establishment.

I think this is going to get bad fast.

13. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

14. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

15. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

It's already bad. I would have said worse. ;)

I've got a different take on Bannon. I think he's going to go all in against trump. I don't doubt that he could have told trump he wouldn't, that he would do what you suggest with the "Deep State" and media "fake news" nonsense. He may have said the same thing to his billionaire backer, Robert Mercer, a nut who believes pretty near every conspiracy theory placed before him, as long as it's laying some terrible bad dream at the feet of his perceived enemies.

The problem with Bannon is that he won't be able to stop himself, and is as willing a liar as trump himself. Bannon will be feeling slighted by trump right about now and will be harboring a deep need for revenge, and with his job back as ruler of his own fake news factory, Breitbart blah blah, he will have the ready means to do so. So I have to disagree with the strategic aspect, as well. Again, Bannon may have even suggested such a scenario as something he was eager to do, once he realized he was on his way out. Liked the post, though.

16. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This is the biggest joke of a presidency in the history of the world

Hakeemtheking and el gnomo like this.
  17. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

The 2016-17 Clippers had better team chemistry than this.

mdrowe00 likes this.
  18. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

I agree.

A quote from Steve Bannon late Friday:

“If there’s any confusion out there, let me clear it up. I’m leaving the White House and going to war for Trump against his opponents... on Capitol Hill, in the media, and in corporate America."​

Does that mean Bannon will support everything that Trump and his administration propose? Does it mean that now that Bannon is out, he will without question or complaint tow the party line? Of course not.

Bannon will turn his guns on the Democrats, the left, the mass media, establishment Republicans, globalism, political correctness, identity politics, the "deep state" and will attempt to pressure the Trump administration through his various activities to embrace and remain faithful to this same agenda.

Of course Bannon is not going to always get his way. Neither will Trump or anybody in Washington. But Bannon is better off on the outside and it does appear that it was time for him to go.

Anyway, expect to see Bannon continue to try to frequently partner with and support Trump in his agenda. But Bannon know longer works for Trump and Trump certainly does not work for Bannon, so differences there will certainly be.

19. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

Lol.. Such a joke.