1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ballstreams Alternative

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by ElPigto, Oct 30, 2016.

1. Salvy

Salvy Member

Gave it a shot and it looks like I got access already..... Looking forward to tonight's game, pretty much missed all of last season...... Looking forward to this new roster.

2. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Tell me if it's a solid quality 720P or better stream or not. Any freezes, audio problems (too fast too slow) or intermittence.. Thanks

3. Salvy

Salvy Member

I was extremely skeptical, especially with the amazon gift card type payment..... But I had an impulsive f it moment..... Worst case I gave someone a $25.00 gift card... The process was easy and everything is explained in detail.

Now to the good part.... Yes the quality is great not sure if its solid 720 because I haven't messed with any of the different players. But the regular player is fantastic. Better quality than ballstreams and the audio is great. I've had two freezes tonight but a refresh fixed it so its not an issue at all for me. Haven't tried it with Xbox or any other source other than PC... Look amazing.....

If the quality was half of what it is it is still worth every single freaking penny considering how complicated it is to watch The Rockets....

4. Salvy

Salvy Member

After watching the game, $25 is too much for this pos team.......

5. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

I'm tempted to say screw it and sign up for this but I'm still worried after ballstreams shut down. Him streaming the NFL and MLB in addition to NBA means that there are 3 multi-billion dollar companies that could be looking to shut him down. I just don't see how this is sustainable but I might say screw it and hope for the best. The value proposition is too good to pass up...

6. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

Well NBA LP fooked me hard. I got a full refund, so I'm good. Made my donation today, but forgot to use referral link :(

RedRedemption likes this.
  7. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

I just find streams on reddit and put it on my tablet.

Getting on Kodi is too hit and miss

don grahamleone and DreamShook like this.
  8. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I started using Acestreams because of reddit. It's great. The streams are pretty reliable and GREAT quality. Yesterday was the only time I had a problem finding a stream since the start of the season for a Rockets game.

I was reluctant about posting about Acestream because I have read differing accounts of malware associated with the software. I haven't had any problems with it.

I was hoping someone would have a dedicated AcestreamID for Rockets games or Roots sports in Houston.

heypartner likes this.
  9. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

I don't think that's how it went down. The NBA shut them down by going after the banks who managed their merchant accounts for credit card transactions.

Ballstreams did not have risk of losing money, since they charged upfront for their services. It's a gravy train business for them, that they had no intention of losing. NBA couldn't stop them. But they could go after the banks or serviced them. And that's what happened. The banks backed out of doing credit card transactions for Ballstreams, and that's why the kept telling everyone that they couldn't take anymore members ... because they lost their merchant account and couldn't run the cards.

don grahamleone and shastarocket like this.
  10. EssTooKayTD

EssTooKayTD Contributing Member

Some people were able to get a partial refund (since it got shut down midway through the NBA season) if they paid through PayPal as well. I don't think they just ran with people's money.

11. HoustonTexas

HoustonTexas Member

Yep I got $80 back (I requested a partial refund of $80). they probably would've given a full refund too.

12. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

For the love of God, save your sanity and use Direct Links with Edge!

13. No Chance

No Chance Contributing Member

14. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

15. GimmeDaRock

GimmeDaRock Contributing Member

16. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

I have league pass and the service sucks so much I might stream quite a few games this year. I pay money and still the illegal way is better. Fers.

17. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

I just go looking on reddit for a link.

18. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

r/nbastreams.

I find a smooth 720p stream successfully 98% of the time there.