1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ballstreams Alternative

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by ElPigto, Oct 30, 2016.

1. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

I apologize if this has been posted about before, but I am wondering, are there any trustworthy Ballstreams alternatives out there? I'm not planning on getting cable anytime soon and I hate having to use some of the other streams out there that have a multiple pop ups and ads, etc. I don't care if i have to pay for the service, just want a solid platform that is similar to Ballstreams.

I'm using the Reddit Streams forum for links for now, but I definitely would like to try something that's a little more better with better reliability. I never had a lot of lagging issues with Ballstreams and it had great quality streams. Not really thinking about LP for now, seems like some of you have been complaining about it lately.

don grahamleone likes this.
  2. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

3. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Youtube usually.

don grahamleone likes this.
  4. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

I have a referral link here if anyone wants to sign up for hehestreams.
    I believe it adds 3 weeks of access to both myself and whoever signs up.

If you don't want to use my referral link, here's a general link on how to sign up!
    http://hehestreams.xyz/p/how-to-join

I've been with Hehestreams for two seasons and its pretty legit. Way better than Ballstreams and the guy who created it has been very transparent unlike those Ballstreams douches who took our money and ran.

EssTooKayTD, Bäumer and HR Dept like this.
  5. FishBulb913

FishBulb913 Contributing Member

I used the 'Pro Sport' add on for Kodi last night and was able to get a pretty good stream.

6. HoustonTexas

HoustonTexas Member

How much is it? Website seems to me offline right now.

7. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

For a 100 bucks it seems a little risky since at some point the NBA might shut him down.

Has anyone tried signing up for international league pass?

8. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

If NBA shut down ballstreams they will shut down hehestreams as well.

9. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

The NBA didn't shut down ballstreams.

Ball streams took off with the money after their subscribers grew to a large number. they didn't want to risk being shut down by the NBA and lose their money.

If you are going to get hehestreams I'd recommend you use paypal or a credit card that you trust will do a chargeback.

10. RedRedemption

Copy pasted:
    Subscriptions
    There are four tiers of access for each sport. Each sport is treated separately and requires a separate subscription. A sport's access is given in "weeks".

Based on the 4 valid amounts for access, you will receive the following:

• If you donate the highest amount ($100), you will receive 100% of the total weeks.
    • If you donate the second-highest amount ($75), you will receive 3/5ths of the total weeks.
    • If you donate the third-highest amount ($50), you will receive 2/5ths of the total weeks.
    • If you donate the lowest amount ($25), you will receive 1/5th of the total weeks.
    The total weeks (100%) is the span between the first game of the sport's regular season, to the last game of the championship.

There are no restrictions on content regardless of how you pay. The only thing that matters is how many weeks are left on your account, and the current date in regards to the sport's season. You can view an example here.

The breakdown for how many weeks per sport is as follows:

• NBA: 36 total weeks
    • NFL: 24 total weeks
    • MLB: 32 total weeks
    • NHL: 30 total weeks (coming soon)
    • MLS: Discontinued
    During the offseason, the weeks are "frozen" and not debited from your account, andyou still have access to all the content as long as your weeks haven't expired. :) You can find an example of how this works here.

HoustonTexas likes this.
  11. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Do you have anymore referral links? The one you posted did not work for me.

12. RedRedemption

The website is actually down right now for maintenance lol. I'll send you a new referral link when the site comes back up.

ElPigto likes this.
  13. RedRedemption

14. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

RedRedemption likes this.
  15. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

i heard he's willing to work with pple who cant pay full. if i gave 20 would he give me a team for the season?

16. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

I'm going to sign up under you

RedRedemption likes this.
  17. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

A word of caution regarding hehestreams.

It is a solo operation and the guy seems a bit overwhelmed. The site has gone down (for about 30min) no less than three separate times (during games) since the season began. He's trying to be transparent and addresses the downtime when it occurs, but the excuses can be frustrating.

As for the service itself, the quality is definitely excellent and the 24/7 NBATV is awesome. It is a bit difficult to switch between games and archived games are not consistently available. You cannot forward and rewind. The lag is 30s-1min, same as international LP. Not sure about kodi, but chromecast doesn't work as it should. I stream through chrome on PC and the edge browser on xbox.

I will say that he's definitely trying to improve the service. For example, he started a separate feed for games on TNT so folks could watch Inside the NBA (LP doesn't include it). I'm inclined to believe that he won't pull a "ballstreams" on us.

Bottom line, If you do wish to sign up, donate the smallest amount and see if it fits the bill. You can always give more later to get the full season.

Here's my referral link. As RR mentioned, we both get something out of it ;)

Here's his subreddit where he typically communicates

#17 shastarocket, Nov 2, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2016
  18. RedRedemption

Appreciate it bruh. Win win for everyone!

19. Salvy

Salvy Member

I'm suppose to donate in an amazon giftcard?

20. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

That's correct. I followed the instructions on the website and was approved within minutes.

I do hope it lasts. Great quality streams.