1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

B O'B has to be the Dumbest Football Coach.....

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by ballgame, Sep 9, 2018.

1. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

He is just not good under any kind of pressure. Very slow to react to most things going on in the game.

craigharmann likes this.
  2. rawbrah

rawbrah Member

Deshaun looked pretty clueless in the final minute of the game. Does the coaches even prepare them for 2-minute drills?

You cant possibly tell me that if there was enough preparation that Deshaun would've made better and quicker decision in that last 15 secs than he had today.

craigharmann likes this.
  3. HstnSprtsFan101

To think the Gabbert purposely did that because he knew the rule and BOB didn’t should tell you all you need to know. Blaine Gabbert.

What was he talking about with the refs to come to that decision?? I guess he was too busy yelling. Fire this bum!

Mr. Clutch likes this.
  4. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Quoting myself from last week because it happened again and will continue to happen again and again. He can't coach 4 quarters to save his life.

5. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

I've thought he was a fraud for awhile, but he got saved by talent (until he got rid of most of it), then saved by Crennel and Watson. Of course he always blamed Rick too.

6. Buck Turgidson

Not his job to know the rules.

I'll admit I was confused too, but it's definitely not my job to know them.

gatsby, craigharmann and Mr. Clutch like this.
  7. Mr. Clutch

Even if he didn't know that obscure rule (and maybe some coaches dont), he could have just asked the refs about the possibility of declining.

HstnSprtsFan101 likes this.
  8. Buck Turgidson

Exactly. He spent 2 minutes yelling at them "He threw it 2 times" while holding up two fingers. Never asked that question.

HstnSprtsFan101 likes this.
  9. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I've heard different opinions when it comes to declining the penalty, some say he'd have been ruled down at the spot where he threw it the second time with a loss of down, some saying it would count as an incomplete pass at the original LOS with a loss of down, either situation is preferable to what happened.

10. Buck Turgidson

Looks pretty straightforward to me in the rulebook (section 8, being a military guy you might find that amusing wrt BOB):

(b) For a second forward pass from behind the line, or for a forward pass that was thrown after the ball returned behind the line: Loss of five yards from the previous spot.

https://operations.nfl.com/the-rules/2018-nfl-rulebook/#rule8

...more research forthcoming re: the option of declining. Now that I've looked, I don't see any rule anywhere that would put Gabbert down at the spot he threw the 2nd "pass". Curious where you heard that. Incomplete pass and loss of down is the best I can figure for an outcome.

#150 Buck Turgidson, Sep 17, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2018
    Nook, Mr. Clutch and Bobbythegreat like this.
  11. Chilly_Pete

Chilly_Pete Contributing Member

It seems like we fall for a trick play early in the season every year under BoB.

12. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

He’s a graduate of the Andy Reid school of late game decisions.

13. Mr. Clutch

And he doesn't have Andy Reid's school early game decisions to make up for it.

Nook, Buck Turgidson, jelanit and 2 others like this.
  14. conquistador#11

did any "reporter" find out what clowney said that warranted that penalty? He better get a sack fumble for a td vs giants. One of the biggest momentum shifting plays along with the b2b screen passes.

coachbadlee and HstnSprtsFan101 like this.
  15. ballgame

ballgame Member

I'VE SAID IT ONCE AND I'LL SAY IT UNTIL HE'S FIRED!!!! B O'B is killing this team with poor play calling AND time management! THE B2B SCREEN PLAYS KILLED US!

Also, Romeo is KILLING US WITH HIS BEND BUT DON'T BREAK DEFENSE.....THE DB'S are playing too far off the line of scrimmage, constantly giving up first downs. The Texans should have shut the Titans down in the 2nd half but they gave up 6 POINTS

16. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

It makes sense. It’s basically a flea flicker lol

17. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

Welp, Im over defending him. But that was a loss on everyone.

BOB- just can't coach, everything was predictable.
    Watson- Can't hit the open man, making some pretty poor decisions
    Special teams- holy hell why was no one covering the gunner on a punt from the 50?! Also Trevor daniel should be able to keep a punt out of the endzone.

I fell for the hype to start this season even though I told myself not to. I went from most excited for a season I have ever been to most disappointed I have been in just 2 games. I don't trust us to beat anyone at the moment.

18. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Would declining the penalty have resulted in an incomplete pass, thus giving 3rd and 7?

19. Mr. Clutch

Watson made some bad decisons (which I attribute to coaching and gameplan) but he was accurate yesterday.

20. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Probably.

But it is a pretty crappy rule... and actually benefits the offense a lot more than it should.

What's to stop any RB (if its a toss play, or a delayed hand-off), who's on the verge of getting tackled for a loss, to just attempt a forward pass out of bounds at that point?