1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Awkward John Wall Interview -- he doesn't look too happy

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Clutch, Feb 6, 2018.

1. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

The Wizards have won 5 straight without John Wall and apparently they've played more like a team and made a few comments about that.

Wall didn't look too happy about that and admits it bothered him. Doesn't look like he wants to be in this interview at all.

Says about Gortat: "It was more just shocking to hear from him understanding that he gets the most assists from me and the most spoon-fed baskets ever." (2:18 mark)

Says about adjusting his style of play when he returns: "I still play my game. I never change my game for nobody else. I think when those guys get the ball, they can be more aggressive at running pick and rolls, they can be more aggressive with doing the things they're doing now. There are times when I don't have the ball in my hands, I'm spot up in the corner or in a different position, they can make these same type of plays."

Video:

jevjnd, Deuce, hakeem94 and 2 others like this.
  2. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

This is what many in the GARM thought would happen when Harden got injured.

"How much worse will we be on defense." -- hakeem34
    "How much higher ORtg will Rox have with only Paul" -- holic

roslolian, hakeem94 and BigShasta like this.
  3. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

GORTAT is GONTAT

4. Koperboy

Koperboy Member

Calls quotation marks "exlamation points" lol. Even I know the difference.

It's incredible how media tries to come up with something divisive and throw it right into Wall's face. They are shameless lol.

5. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Yeah... Michael Smith asked him "something" about it like 4-5 times in the interview.

dreamshakin likes this.
  6. lionaire

lionaire Member

He needs a change of scenery right about now.

7. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

I don’t like how Smith is pushing for controversy but Wall is a head case. I can see if certain players don’t like his attitude.

dreamshakin and Mazulis like this.
  8. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Wow. I don't think Smith was pushing controversy. Listening to Wall's comments that stuff was there under the surface this whole time.

9. SS0101

SS0101 Member

Are these grown men?

Dang...the ego (john wall).

Dang...the drama starting little... (Michael smith)

With that said...obviously something there. "Spoon fed" is pretty sorry to say about your teammate.

buffalobills!!! and Mazulis like this.
  10. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

John Wall sitting back in his recliner right about now laughing at the Wiz' lose to the Sixers.

buffalobills!!! likes this.
  11. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Wall for Cousins and a pick.

12. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

Bring him in. 3 PG lineup is next level Morey

ghettocheeze likes this.
  13. HorryForThree

HorryForThree Member

I've followed Wall closely living in the DC area. He's a good guy and generally great teammate. His game, however, has really not improved in any serious way since he was drafted. The main knocking when he was drafted was that his jump shot was subpar - it remains the weakest part of his game and when he's not getting easy baskets his shooting percentage will stay under 35%.

Wall is a very good player (not elite), but he has not figured out how to be a PG that can score within an offense. He holds the ball a lot, and between him and Beal the iso offense reminds me at times of how we played with Mobley and Francis. I am not surprised at all to hear that some guys feel that they are getting more touches and that the offense is playing better without Wall. Fact is, it probably is.

14. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

I would be upset if my teammate tweeted !team! as well. Didn't realize he re-signed with Adidas until I saw this, he was definitely jealous of Harden over his shoe deal. I wouldn't want this guy on my team, just seems like a me first kinda guy and would be jealous over other's success.

15. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

It's amazing Wall thinks he is on par with Harden.

hakeem94 likes this.
  16. fba34

fba34 Contributing Member

He came in replacing Arenas like a more fun-loving version. Was pulling off that dougie-whatever dance move whenever he could. @vaids_13 put it perfectly in his post. Subpar jumper, holds the ball, not exactly a prototypical PG who could run an offense. Kind of traded his fun demeanor into the current pissed-off at everyone type. Probably because he's not exactly moved up, salary, wins, popularity. He's sort of just there. Also everytime someone on his team gets paid, he has to come out and declare he's not jealous of so and so and what not :D

dreamshakin, jevjnd and BallSoHarden like this.
  17. Lovemachine2000

That Wall/Beal to Francis/Mobley comparison is right on.

jevjnd, Sajan and ghettocheeze like this.
  18. ghettocheeze

ghettocheeze Member

John Wall: Subprime Superstar.

19. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

With Wall, without Wall, either way -- MEH. Lulz, as soon as Adidas signs someone they make an immediate pit stop at the bottom of a dumpster, including Harden who couldn't crack the All NBA 3rd team.

20. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member