1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Auto mechanics you'd recommend

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by tierre_brown, Apr 29, 2011.

1. tierre_brown

tierre_brown Contributing Member

Anyone have a good place they go to regularly? Preferably Sugar Land or closer area...

2. dmc89

dmc89 Member

For non-warranty stuff, I don't go to the dealers. I know you said Sugar Land, but these places are honest, competitively priced, and worth going to unless your car is getting towed there:

-Benz By Blair, sketchy neighborhood close to the Galleria, but great people.
    -Autohouse of Switzerland, very cheap with coupons on their website.
    -Eurocar werk, closest location to Sugarland.

3. lionaire

lionaire Member

Christian Brothers Auto, located near the New Territory shopping center, behind Randalls to be exact. Street name is 'Homeward Way' I think.

4. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

Seth (and only seth)at bellaire firestone 713) 667-7411

I am not in Houston last few years , but have known the guy for a long long time, and he always has shot straight. If you tell him you were recommended to him, he will go even further to take care of you in a fair manner.
    if you are doing transmission work it's chuck stasny at aamco (713) 790-0525.

on transmission the cost with aamco could be close to dealer cost so not sure what the better route is there. There are cheaper transmission options but not sure where that is reliable. aamco may be reliable but more than a mom and pop.

In auto repair it's all about risk ,and the guy working on it. Seth has done $5 jobs that other guys would have charged me $150. he is the man. Seen it a million times.

I challenge you to talk about something other than cars to seth. You wont be able to do it. You could even bring up jesus. His first question would be 'what kind of car you think jesus would have driven?'

5. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

forgot to add that my mom was ripped off by christian brothers

6. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

I do pretty cheap work.

Here is an example of a recent fix up job:

[​IMG]

7. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

That is a terrible repair job. It appears as if you just put tape over the damage to make it look better.

8. lean

lean Member

You sure about that? Looks like pretty quality repair work to me.

9. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

i don't expect someone like you to understand the intricacies of reconditioning that car with duct tape.

10. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

Larue Auto .... near 90 and the Beltway... family's been going there since I was a baby.

11. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

What type of mechanic do you need?

12. foo82

foo82 Member

Beechnut Care Care. Probably one of the cheapest and most honest mechanics I have dealt with. Owner is a taiwanese chemical engineer that decided he wanted to be an auto mechanic and has been doing it for 20+ years.

There is certain stuff he will and will not do (he will tell you up front). Also, he will sometimes make you purchase your own parts (he'll tell you where to look).

Last time I brought my car in, my side view mirror got smashed off. He told gave me a list of people I can call from a yard to get a replacement mirror. I bought one and gave it to him to replace. Just charged me 20 bucks to install. He also took care of my electronics problem that was caused when it shorted from the side view mirror being knocked off.

13. foo82

foo82 Member

BTW, these reviews pretty much sum it up.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/beechnut-car-care-houston

14. Pushkin

Pushkin Member

I second Autohouse of Switzerland. They are good, honest, and cheap.