1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Attorney General William Barr has appointed a U.S. attorney to examine the origins of the Russia inv

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by mick fry, May 13, 2019.

1. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Usually you have to find proof someone is guilty. If you are looking for proof that someone is innocent, you're probably in the wrong country Mr. Barr.

Astrodome likes this.
  2. cml750

cml750 Member

The point of that cartoon flew right over your head there Lou. Oh the irony with your response.

King1 and Astrodome like this.
  3. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

cml750 likes this.
  4. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

Isn't that exactly what happened to Trump?

cml750 and Astrodome like this.
  5. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Your concern is that the 302 info ended up with the press?

Seriously??... who do you think leaked this to the press??

Or are you upset about Bruce Ohr’s actions to pass along Steele’s intelligence to the FBI? I guess I’m just trying to understand in this case and many things with the Dossier conspiracy where the right presents an article or a posting of a report... basically just says “This is bad” but there’s no explanation about what was actually bad, potentially illegal, or unethical about it.

I fail to see what Bruce Ohr was supposed to do in this case given what was given to him. Throw it in the trash? Give it to the arbiter of truth Shawn Hannity?

6. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

No i was just talking generally about all of the leaks in the last few years. I know it is a different world in washington but it must be unnerving. Ohr got a raise, i would get reprimanded.

7. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

Not really. Russian interference was investigated, as were all of those. Difference is, there was a lot of people found guilty...

I'll never get the Trumpers believing they were all so determined to bring down Trump that this stuff came out after the election. That Comey brought up Clinton's emails right before the election. If they wanted to prevent a Trump presidency, they sure we're inept at it.

Nook and mdrowe00 like this.
  8. cml750

cml750 Member

Not a single person has EVER been found guilty of anything related to Russia and the 2016 election.

9. dobro1229

You do realize that’s technically not true on its face right?

Or are you being hyperbolic about the fact that Mueller decided not to charge a criminal conspiracy against Trump and his campaign?

Because it’s pretty damn easy to look at the indictments and see that the country of Russia is all over many of them. Whether it be lying about contacts with Russians, Manaforts financial dealings with Russians, etc. Then there are the dozen or so Russian nationals who were charged where Americans are listed in the indictment as “unwitting” participants.

The worst one IMO (or most unpatriotic) being the Michael Cohen charged crime of lying about Donald Trump's dealing DIRECTLY with the Kremlin on Trump Tower Moscow. No... not a criminal conspiracy, but super unpatriotic to literally be selling out America while running to win the Presidency lying to voters like you that he has no business dealings with Russia.

I just don’t know why you’d lie about this unless you are just being hyperbolic. On its face it’s a lie and easily provable. Conspiracy charges are different that “Russia related”. The Michael Cohen crime being the most on its face obvious & what should disgust you if you are a patriotic American or are a person of moral values that thinks LYING is bad.

#189 dobro1229, Aug 9, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2019
  10. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Which is completely false. There have been more than one dozen indictments specifically related to Russia.

And you accused me of making things up out of thin air?

Whether illegal or not, are you okay with a campaign for President of the United States seeking and working with hostile foreign intelligence services to help get them elected?

Before you say that didn't happen, you might want to review Mueller's report and his testimony. Trump's campaign did that.

11. cml750

cml750 Member

You have got to be kidding me. I said not a single person has been found guilty of a single crime related to Russia and the 2016 election. That is 100% accurate. Yes, you are the one making crap up out of thin air. If I am wrong, please point to anyone found guilty of anything related to Russia and the 2016 election?

12. cml750

cml750 Member

You do realize what I posted is 100% true. Not a single person has been found guilty off anything related to Russia and the 2016 election. You cannot argue with the facts.

13. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

Flynn for one pled guilty.

Dec. 1, 2017 — Flynn pleads guilty in federal court to a charge of making false statements to the FBI about his communications with Russia.

14. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

Debunked

15. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Nope. That's the difference. Republicans want proof that Democrats are innocent and then they deny proof that they themselves are guilty.

Trump is GUILTY of obstruction of Justice. There's a whole report detailing the laws he broke. Yet you guys spin it as a witch hunt. It's laughable.

16. dobro1229

Yeah. I just said that’s not true and cited examples but you keep blabbing a lie.

Argue conspiracy charges all you want, but you are lying. Not becoming of someone with a picture of Christ in your profile pic.

17. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I think he's getting you on a technilicaty here actually,

Being indicted does not equal being "found" guilty and neither does "pleading" guilty. "Found guilty" means by a judge or a jury right?

18. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

I agree he's guilty of obstruction at the very least but it's time to move on, all this division is slowly killing this country.

Os Trigonum likes this.
  19. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

The indictments part I agree with, but pleading guilty is being found guilty, IMHO

dobro1229 likes this.
  20. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I think in spirit you are right here, but if someone wants to be an ass they could argue you and I'm pretty sure they are right on the merits.

At a sentencing for someone who pleads guilty they don't say "having been found guilty of..."

I think our fellow poster is sticking to the semantics here.