1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Astros Uniforms Voted Best in Baseball

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Htown Stros, Feb 20, 2019.

?

Which Astros uniforms were your favorite?

1. Colt 45s

4 vote(s)
    7.0%
  2. Shooting Stars

6 vote(s)
    10.5%
  3. Tequila Sunrise (Rainbows)

12 vote(s)
    21.1%
  4. Gold and Navy (Mid to late 90s)

7 vote(s)
    12.3%
  5. Railroad Brick and Black

1 vote(s)
    1.8%
  6. Current Unis

27 vote(s)
    47.4%
  1. Htown Stros

Htown Stros Member

Per MLB twitter which held a voting contest, Astros beat LA again! I for one like the uniforms a lot, they are some of my favorite combinations we've ever had and I know I'll probably get grief for that opinion here.

https://abc13.com/sports/houston-astros-have-the-best-uniform-in-baseball-vote-says/5145012/

Edit: Added a poll to get a feel for everyone's favorite uniform we've had. Also curious what you guys think are the best current ones that aren't the Astros.

#1 Htown Stros, Feb 20, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2019
    eric.81 and AB423 like this.
  2. eric.81

eric.81 Contributing Member

The current uniforms have grown on me. The orange and blue they chose are a great combo and I love the H/Star logo that we've had since basically the beginning.

When they came out, I found the jersey a bit plain... boring even. But after watching them win the World Series in those duds, I have absolutely no complaints.

msn likes this.
  3. Htown Stros

Htown Stros Member

I kind of feel the same way...when they first came out I wasn't that excited about them but the more they've played in them the more they've grown on me to a point where I've purchased way too many Astros t-shirts/jerseys/polos. It might just have something to do with the fact that I associate these to winning though!

4. dmoneybangbang

I love those orange uniforms.

Nook, Buck Turgidson and LonghornFan like this.
  5. texans1095

texans1095 Member

I think our current uniforms got a lot better when we went away from the white tops, orange hats and orange socks. That combo didn’t look right IMO. Also didn’t like the Sunday alternates they wore with the rainbow sides and just the star on one side of the jersey. Like it much better now that they have the navy top, rainbow sides and Astros across the chest.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I really love the current uniforms, but for me it’s gotta be the late 90’s.

They still looked great the other year when they wore them in Arlington.

[​IMG]

#5 texans1095, Feb 20, 2019
    Htown Stros likes this.
  6. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

I like them all except the red and black ones.

Nook likes this.
  7. Buck Turgidson

Current ones are great. Blue & Gold and Red Brick ones were complete crap. If it doesn't have orange and blue it's not the Astros.

8. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

Agreed. I love turning on the TV to see it's Orange Day!

9. conquistador#11

You can't go wrong with the first 3 options. Mash those 3 up and roll with them for this season.

10. msn

msn Member

current ones probably had my vote, until they went and won a world series in them. Now they definitely have my vote. Like the ketchup and mustard will always be my Rox jersey.

11. SuraGotMadHops

I loved it when we went back to the orange and blue, and I like the simplicity of the uniform design. I always felt baseball jerseys should be basic. For a little flair, we have the Sunday jerseys with the rainbow pits, which are a little zany. Perfect balance all around, love it all.

12. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Tillman needs to get with the guy that designed the Astros uni. Our current iterations are slightly better, but we need to do something with the blood dripping R.

BigM and J.R. like this.
  13. J.R.

J.R. Member

Rockets could learn a thing or two. ;)

[​IMG]
    They're all so nice!

...but I guess I really like
    [​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]

#13 J.R., Feb 20, 2019
    Htown Stros likes this.
  14. LonghornFan

The absolute worst imo-

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

dmoneybangbang and noppeper like this.
  15. LonghornFan

16. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

We have the best current uniform in baseball. The ones we opened enron with were pretty **** as well as the shooting stars, but all the other ones are classic. Pretty great history of kits.

17. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Randy Johnson's electric post-trade magic aside... this era doesn't seem to be aging well (in my mind) as far as Astros history goes.

The game was riddled with steroids. The Astrodome was literally falling apart. Playoff heartbreak. Drayton's penny-pinching ways on full display. Maddux-Glavine-Smoltz-MILLWOOOD!!!. Kevin freakin Brown. Off days between games 1, 2, AND 3. Treadmills. Players strike. "the baseball network". More steroids. Larry Dierker the manager. Scott Elarton warming up again. Walt freakin Weiss. John Mfer Rocker. Sterling WTF Hitchock. Hampton ****ing Bagwell's wife. Paul Bako (just because).

LonghornFan likes this.
  18. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Those are still my favorite uniforms. They never should have abandoned the H-Star as our hat , but I still love the shooting star through the name on the jersey.

awc713 likes this.
  19. J.R.

J.R. Member

That's cool!

dmoneybangbang likes this.
  20. awc713

awc713 Member

Call me crazy, but I really like all of our jerseys. Obviously the classics are incredible. I love the blue/gold the most, probably because I associate it with my youth (and for a while, the Astros peak). Heck, even the red and black ones are clean. The pinstripes uni era gets too much hate. Not the best unis in our history, but not bad. The only thing I really didn’t like was Junctiom Jack.