1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Astros land Zack Greinke

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by J.R., Jul 31, 2019.

1. topfive

topfive CF OG

What makes you say that, nostalgia?

Because in the last 3 seasons, Greinke has been MUCH better than Bum and it's not even close.

RustyHarden likes this.
  2. Buck Turgidson

It's a damn shame they have JV, Cole and Greinke starting games. I'm not sure how they'll ever manage.

Smacktle, BMoney, luckyman76 and 4 others like this.
  3. Alimoe84

Alimoe84 Member

Sanchez pitched Last Sunday. Verlander pitched Tuesday. Greinke pitched today. The rotation sets up perfectly and no one misses a turn.

Thursday: Cole
    Friday: Miley
    Saturday: Sánchez
    Sunday: Verlander
    Monday: Off
    Tuesday: Greinke
    Wednesday: Cole

4. Nook

Nook Member

Dude.

Seth Beer is actually OLDER than Kyle Tucker and a level below Tucker. I love Beer’s bat, but that is all he has. Tucker is a superior fielder at a harder position, with speed and more power.

Smacktle, BMoney, luckyman76 and 2 others like this.
  5. H-Town Info

H-Town Info Member

Jeff Luhnow is a professional GM

That is all.

Smacktle, JeeberD, luckyman76 and 7 others like this.
  6. Nook

Nook Member

Who wants Hunter Pence when you can have Matt Stairs or Adam Lind slogging in the mud at first base for you.

BMoney and BigMaloe like this.
  7. Buck Turgidson

Didn't everybody want what's his name this offseason....and now he's hurt but sucked before that....

****** 1B type...damn what was his name...

eta: I hilariously loooved Matt Stairs back in the day, he was ludicrously fun

8. Nook

Nook Member

I’m hoping Sanchez is moved to the bullpen.

His velocity is down to 94-95 this season as a starter.

He can dial it up over 100 in the pen.

James (101), Sanchez (100), Osuna (99) can all dial it up and that doesn’t include having Pressly come in and quietly dice you up and Harris using smoke and mirrors for the 300th time to get out of an inning.

Rondon can pack his bags and Devo and McHugh shouldn’t be too comfortable right now either.

9. Nook

Nook Member

Are you talking about Justin Boer?

10. H-Town Info

H-Town Info Member

Prince Fielder ;)

11. Buck Turgidson

Boom.

I remember many several people wanting to trade for him last winter. Never could figure out why.

12. Buck Turgidson

That's a lot of ****ing words.

Smacktle and Nook like this.
  13. Nook

Nook Member

Cheap bat is why. He had some pop and walked some. Guys like that are fine to hit 7th or 8th in a line up... but not terribly expensive in trade. Adam Lind and CJ Cron are like that too.

Slow DH’s and “okay” corner outfielders are always available for a low price.

14. Buck Turgidson

Trading players like Beer and JBB are why you draft players like Beer and JBB

If they can't find another one then Luhnow is doing something wrong.

15. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

Cole is a Boris client.

I think part of the Greinke deal was the obvious, were freaking loaded everywhere this year too to bottom.

But also the writing was on the wall that Coke was going to be impossible to keep.

But I’m okay with that because this keeps our window open for another 2 years after this season.

Enjoy this season guy because we have maybe the most talented team in the MLB history and I’m not even being a homer.

Even getting Sanchez was money our bullpen is freakin nice also.

The reality which sucks is that we have so many guys that are HOF or Allstar level that it was never going to be possible to keep this team together forever.

So let’s enjoy the next 2-3 years of watching this awesome team because we might never see this much talent on one team ever again.

It’s nice being the Warriors of MLB lol.

Smacktle, rockbox, joshuaao and 7 others like this.
  16. Nook

Nook Member

Yeah a lot worse to basically say: “That’ll do pig.”

17. Buck Turgidson

Luhnow made his business with low drafted guys who contributed when they were 27 or so....Allen Craig, can't remember the several relievers...they won a WS with those guys.

Nook likes this.
  18. Nook

Nook Member

Yup and if Beer were a catcher or SS or CF; we wouldn’t have traded him. He was a good draft pick by Luhnow and now we get to watch a HOF pitcher for 2.5 years.

19. Buck Turgidson

Yep, this is gonna suck.

20. AznH-TownFan

AznH-TownFan Member

Devo has been solid as of late. He did give up a run on Sunday but that’s the only run in his last 6 outings. McHugh on the other hand has given up runs in 4 of his last 6 outings. Make me wonder if he was rushed back and not 100% healthy. I think Urquidy will be sent back to AAA to make room for Sanchez. DFA Rondon for Biagini. Sneed or Abreu for Greinke. I really like Sneed. Will be interesting to see who stick with the roster by Friday game.