1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Astros Acquire Aledmys Díaz

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by tellitlikeitis, Nov 17, 2018.

1. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

love this deal. everyone has already talked about the positives...so i'm just saying go luhnow! i don't need all splashes... but at least 1 would be nice at some point :)

Nook likes this.
  2. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Earliest Free Agent: 2023.

Nook likes this.
  3. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

This was a splash. Turning nothing (Thorton may be something for Jay's, but likely wasn't getting the chance for the Stros) into a near average MLB player is a splash. It allows actual resources to be spent on one less position. Or in other words, it frees up about 10 million dollars in budget each of the next 4 years on average to spend elsewhere. For instance, instead of spending 40 million on a pitcher, Astros could spend 80 million.

raining threes likes this.
  4. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

I understand and agree. I guess I'm saying I would like to get 1 All Star level player on the team, and I don't think this was it (yet). But as I said, I'm very happy with the move and think it was GM stud level.

Joe Joe likes this.
  5. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

Any GM can sign an all star if they have the money. The tough parts are the no name moves that create the the space in the budget creating the money.

AznH-TownFan and Snake Diggit like this.
  6. Buck Turgidson

I really like this move.