1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Armed Pro-Trump Militia Kidnapping Migrants

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Carl Herrera, Apr 19, 2019.

1. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

Yep

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  2. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

3. crash5179

Is Trump committing a crime? You guys just spent two years investigating him for one and came up empty.

But if your really want to try, just remember the words of Captain Jack Sparrow, “There’s what a man can’t do and what a man can do.”

If you decide to detain someone for committing a crime you should always ask yourself if its one of those things you “can” do.

4. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Emoluments clause of the Constitution.

Having foreign dignitaries spend thousands of dollars on your businesses while President right before meeting them to do trade negotiations violates constitutional law.

I guess we should detain Trump.

5. crash5179

I don’t know anything about that group. I went to their web page and facebook page and didn’t really get a lot of useful info about them other than they say they protect the constitution. I can’t even confirm that Larry Mitchell Hopkins was the leader with the exception of the article in the daily beast.

It’s kind of hard for me to put a lot of stock in the daily beast. That doesn’t mean they are not correct jut that they are so far to the left you have to be skeptical of anything they print being politically motivated.

To detain someone or a group of people committing a Federal Offense is not a crime. Period. How you detain them could be a crime but it certainly doesn’t appear that they have mistreated people illegally crossing the border.

I’ll stick to my statement that we don’t know anything about the people in the group and unless I can see something about the individual I’m not going to call someone racist when there’s is no evidence of racism.

When you label a group racist (as you did) based on nothing but pre-conceived bias, you are no better than someone saying all white men are evil or all Mexicans crossing the border are drug runners or any other racist, sexiest or religious bias you can come up with.

6. crash5179

LOL, then I guess you can try.

7. fchowd0311

They are absolutely 100% fringe right wing racists.

8. fchowd0311

This isn't about me trying. It's about seeing whether you have principles or are a right wing Trump bootlicking nut job.

9. crash5179

There was a two year investigation into Trump. It came up empty. He is legally not guilty of a crime and I have not witnessed him committing a crime. I have zero basis to detain him even if I could. But if I catch him sneaking into my house through the window instead of knocking on the door then all bets are off.

I’m more of a middle of the road guy, (or at least I used to be until the left went so far left) so anything I believe in is probably right wing radical to you.

10. fchowd0311

Imagine needing a rebuttal to a 400 page document that "totally exonerates you".

You can tell when someone actually read the document or whether they formulated their perceptions from propaganda click bait.

11. crash5179

You say that but haven’t provided even the most basic of evidence to that. Perhaps your right but I’m not taking your word on it.

And what you consider being right wing radical may not be what I consider right wing radical.

12. crash5179

Let’s be honest, there was no amount of evidence or lack of evidence that was ever going to change your opinion about Trump. I guessing you defended Hillary tooth and nail even though there is undeniable evidence that she committed a felony. She was exonerated based on perceived intent even though intent is not a reason to exonerate someone. The double standard was strong between the investigations to Hillary and Trump.

13. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Well said.

14. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

Groups like this exist in part because the government can't do its job. Trump too has been a failure -- can't get a simple fence built.

We deserve better than Trump. We deserve someone stronger, more aggressive, and more authoritative than Trump.

15. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The rest of don't deserve that, but you might well deserve that.

16. edwardc

edwardc Member

They don't know who these people are or if all of them have cross illegally And With the current arrest that makes a statement that they have broken the law.

17. Nook

Nook Member

No he wouldn’t... he would fit in quite well.

fchowd0311 likes this.
  18. Nook

Nook Member

Anti-social, paranoid with a splash of authoritarian leaning... but have been rejected by main stream society and the existing social hierarchy. Rather than do some self reflection, they blame other social groups at the bottom of the strata. I used to investigate and prosecute some of the militia members. The vast majority have some form of social psychological disorder. Narcissism usually is an issue as well. Dream of grandour but in relatlity they live bad lives that they have very control over and stew in their failure.

fchowd0311 likes this.
  19. Nook

Nook Member

This.
    They almost always have a severe sense of dissatisfaction with their personal failings, he they financial or with women. They always avoid self reflection by passing the blame to some other socially marginalized group. They lack direction usually prior to join some 3rd world caliber militia or right wing hate group.

fchowd0311 likes this.
  20. crash5179

They didn’t arrest anyone for detaining people so that makes exactly zero statements about anything except this; the person they arrested was a felon and wasn’t supposed to posses a gun.