1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

are we just gonna ignore jazz?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by hakeem94, Feb 6, 2018.

1. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Bumping for that 33-3 stretch. #HOU

hakeem94 likes this.
  2. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

they seem to have the same or similar problems that rockets have, from the mouth of a jazz fan(pay attention to the bolded sentence before the last)
    @basketballholic

"biggest concern early this year is that opposing PGs are simply DESTROYING us
    it’s happening pretty much every game now. Old ass DRose had his career high against us, DSJ killed us, Harden had his way, Holiday and Fox did well, and tonight Conley and Mack killed us despite sucking this year. From my POV, it’s been a mixture of: rubio not able to stay in front of quicker PGs; some lucky ass shots going in from 15 ft out; stupid and unnecessary switches with our big men causing all sorts of trouble.

On that last point, if somebody is able to look at video, please look at the last 8 mins or so of the game…there was a possession where Rudy and I think Rubio switched their men (Gasol and Conley) a foot inside the FT line when there was absolutely no need to switch. There was no difference at all in them staying with their men or switching and they switched. They need to stay with their man unless the switch is actually necessary, that was the worst switch I’ve ever seen from this team. Somebody please find video of this, it was really stupid.

Really it seems like a lot of guys are just coasting this year. I saw a possession early in the 3rd quarter where Rudy was yelling at somebody ‘talk!! talk!!’ on D, I think it was Favs or Grayson. Then later in the 3rd quarter I saw Rudy on the bench yelling out the switches to our guys. That’s not a good sign; these guys need to be on the same page and stick to the scheme or be gone.?

We’ve had 2 flukey losses vs GSW and MIN so I don’t think we’re that bad, but this was a game our pride should have been enough to get us the win. DL might need to make some moves; Favors doesn’t play enough to warrant his contract and Rubio is the single worst PG in the league to pair with Gobert. I like both of those guys, but that’s the truth."

3. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

The teams are neck to neck.

Mike needs to put MCW in to break the deadlock.

hakeem94 likes this.
  4. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

show more respects for the rockets who are on 2 games winning streak while jazz are on a 3 games losing streak

Zboy likes this.
  5. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

No idea what my post is doing here. Meant to post that in last night's game thread. Lulz..

hakeem94 likes this.
  6. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

perhaps that's a subtle (or not so subtle) pointer to your brain not functioning at the level you think it does

I thought that was sarcasm talking about jazz and rockets being so bad that it looks like they compete who will be the worst and all that mike has to do to win is to throw in MCW lol

7. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

I am terrible when it comes to sarcasm.

hakeem94 likes this.
  8. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

hahha jazz fans calling for rubios head

look at that nickname how come noone come up with it before

"bricky has to go, im sorry
    shooting and spacing is just too important for us to drag this guy up and down the floor every night. The rules favor ball handlers tremendously, that’s why almost every team has at least one great guard. We can’t have our PG be an offensive liability when he should be very good offensively at the least.

We have no spacing at all. The trio of death (Bricky/Rudy/Favors) is rearing its’ ugly head even worse than last year and it’s as plain as day. The only starters who are a threat to score from beyond a few feet are Ingles and Mitchell, so defenses just play those guys tight or swarm Rudy on dives and dare Rubio to shoot. It’s inexcusable for him to go 1/10 when he doesn’t even get defended…he should be going 8/10 or better in those situations.

Let him play for Barcelona or something, it’s clear the modern NBA has passed him by. We’re trying to play a 90’s offense in this league and the math just doesn’t work out in our favor. We need shooting at the 1 and 4, it’ll open everything up."

9. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Are we just gonna ignore that they got blown out by 50 points to a lotto team?

10. Sidarma

Sidarma Member

Are we just gonna ignore that we actually lose to them :oops::(

11. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

are you just gonna ignore we played them without both paul and harden

12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

They are one Allstar away...... oh wait.

hakeem94 likes this.
  13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Memphis is last year's Jazz and more defensive.

hakeem94 likes this.
  14. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

they seem to be unable to play well this time of the year

daywalker02 likes this.
  15. theimpossibles1

I was just watching NBAtv and they said "the Jazz just lost by 50 points to the Mavericks."

I did a damn triple-take. With Mitchell and Gobert playing. How is that even possible? There's no recovering from a loss like that.

omgTHEpotential likes this.
  16. omgTHEpotential

50 points was the worst loss in their franchise history. I don't know if there ever was a team that got blown out by 50 points by a non-playoff team and still made the playoffs.

hakeem94 and theimpossibles1 like this.
  17. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

Now they beat the celtics who themselves struggle this year despite being contenders

rockets playing the best basketball right now

18. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

25 points loss to oladipoless and turnerless Indiana?
    and they fell under .500
    [​IMG]

19. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

This dude looks fairly alright, can't understand how he can choose the J!zz to be his fav team.