1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Apple to creat 20000 new Jobs [MAGA]

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by crash5179, Jan 18, 2018.

1. Anticope

Anticope Member

I'm will to bet that neither of these MAGA enthusiasts will admit that they voted for him.

2. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

#MAGA actually stood for make Apple great again.

That's why all those rust belt folks voted for him...and he is delivering.

They will be flocking to Cupertino for one of them Apple jobs.

Trust me.

JayGoogle likes this.
  3. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Thanks Obama.

R0ckets03 likes this.
  4. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I hope they are investing heavily in cyber security. I'm sick and tired of reading about China stealing highly classified research that US companies, universities, and various government research entities spent tens of billions of dollars creating. We see the result of that in their fast growing, increasingly sophisticated military. They have deep pockets, made deeper by not having to do the research they are happy to steal from us.

The Russians are busy doing the same thing, but they seem to be more concentrated on interfering with the political institutions of our country and those of our allies in an effort to create instability and weaken the democracies of both the West and the East. Unlike China, they are very short of funds, even if their scientific research is more advanced, in my opinion, than that of China. So they create very small amounts of very advanced military technology and attempt to sell it abroad. The Russians are adept at using those sales to create more instability within NATO (see what Turkey is doing under Erdogan) and in the Middle East by selling very advanced anti-air/anti-missile equipment to countries like Iran, as an example.

5. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

Oh let the tears fall. How about celebrate the jobs and money that’s being created for the working class instead of crying about how how much money the big corporations make.

Clearly you have never worked for a company that had to lay off employees, cut binefits and pay and then eventually go out of business. Trying going through that while trying to put your wife through college while trying to pay for cobra because your 6 month old daughter needs eye surgery because she has strabismus is not fun. I’ve lived it and it wasn’t fun.

Give me the filthy rich greedy corporation that provides good paying jobs with great binefits any day. Thanks to those greedy rich corporations my 401k and stocks have crazy good the last several months.

Apple will be repatriating 75 billion dollars spicifically because of the new corporate tax rate. Regardless of what you think think that Is a good thing.

6. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

No CEO is going to say that a multi-billion dollar gift from the gov't didn't result in them taking action. But Tim Cook even said that a lot of what they are doing would have happened anyway. Ireland is ending the sweet tax deal they are giving Apple and Europe is suing Apple to get them to pay taxes they have been avoiding, so they have been considering repatriating that cash for a while.

Does lowering the corporate tax rate help the economy? Yes it does - if it is done right. When you tied the corporate tax rate based on domestic investment for the year you can have impact. When you cut it for small businesses. The fast majority of jobs in this country are from small businesses that aren't even affected by the corporate tax rate.

The problem with the tax "reform" bill wasn't primarily the corporate tax rate - it was that it was just stupidly done as a giveaway to corporations and the mostly the rich at the expense of the middle class and stabilizing the deficit. A few companies increasing bonuses or donations to charity because of it doesn't counteract the damage done.

7. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

I can't think of a way to better summarixe my argument than to quote your post.

Sure, you have no health insurance for your sick kid, but you've got a $1000 bonus and liberal tears to sustain you....

****. I probably have 5-6 figures worth of Apple equities both directly and indirectly, so, sure, o guess I can "celebrate"

And no doubt I have played part in helping Apple and others rig the system for private gain at public expense for the last 20 years, which is why I've never really had to scrape by, but for the same reason (luck..) that I'm better compensated than you, I realize that societally, this is a really really really terrible idea in the long run and that you can't treat sick kids with PR Newswire.

Anyway, this argument of yours sounds like a real winner. I guess that's why Trump campaigned so hard on it.

MexAmercnMoose likes this.
  8. what

what Member

You aren't going to force businesses and giant companies to re-distribute wealth. The only way that would happen is if we had a one-world government.
    Corporations have the upper hand.
    The only other way to solve it would be to tax us businesses, not in the us, but who ship their products here, with some hefty tariff. But then our costs of goods go up.

So a.) lower taxes create jobs
    b.) create tariffs to tax goods (prices go up)
    c.) keep our taxes high and businesses manufacture goods overseas.

A job is a job, and it is a good thing. I hate republican policies, but in general they are the better party on the economy.

9. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Again, you have made no arguments on why decreased taxes create jobs.

1. Historical precident says your claim is inconclusive. There is no clean statistical correlation between tax rates lessening and increased job growth.

2. The way capitalism functions, this method just doesn't make any sense.

Again, look at the tech industry and how important being 'first' is to the market. Apple and Google were the first to dip their toes in creating a 'app market ecosystem'. Now they dominate it. Companies like Samsung and Microsoft have tried to put their foothold in this 'appstore ecosystem' and have failed miserably. Samsung now is trying to mimick Google and create their own mobile os tizen with it's own app store and are probably going to fail at it. Being first in the tech industry is vital. Companies are going to expand their production and services to emerging markets no matter what the tax rate is.

You honestly think companies will stagnate growth and risk placing themselves out of a potential market where they can dominant because the tax rate is too high?

Why do companies take out massive investment loans?

Anyways, these corporations are currently holding on to the most cash reserves in human history. So I really don't know how throwing more money at them is going to help 'create jobs'.

#29 fchowd0311, Jan 19, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2018
  10. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Tax cuts to bring cash back to the States has been a major issue for corporations for at least a decade now.
    $20 billion isn't nearly all of Apple's overseas cash. We will see if these corporations bring money back.

11. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I don't even have much of a beef with lowering the corporate tax rate. I think it is good policy in some regards. It should have been paired with higher taxes on high income and high wealth to reduce wealth disparity, but instead they paired it with tax cuts for the wealthy. It should have been paired with incentives to invest in people but instead they paired it with incentives to invest in robots. It should have been part of a comprehensive government plan to make our population the most educated, skilled, supported, and healthy on the planet, but instead it's a prelude to more cuts to essential services that underpin our long-term competitiveness. This is not about a simple lever to take money from fat-cat corporations to buy stuff for poor people; it's about engineering an economy to maximize the long-term success of all of its people.

FranchiseBlade and pgabriel like this.