1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Apparently the rest of the country hates Kobe just as much...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Brotha Ishtar, May 7, 2009.

1. Brotha Ishtar

Brotha Ishtar Member

http://sports.espn.go.com/chat/sportsnation/poll/index?pCat=46&sCat=437

It was astounding to me when I actually scrolled over the states on this ESPN poll to see the numbers on the question of whether people thought Kobe should be suspended. I personally think he should, if for no other reason than to please show the guy he isn't above the law, but never did I expect virtually the entire country to feel the same way. Even the few states that voted more "No's", did so by the slightest of margins. It just shows you that the court of public opinion is not very high on Kobe, and I'm now wondering if a series between the Lakers and Cavs really is a more noteworthy series than a Rockets/Cavs series, or Rockets/Boston series. I think people around the nation have quietly (or in the instance of Chuck and Kenny, not so quietly) become very fond of this blue collar Rox squad. I think people appreciate that we play the game the right way, and as much as they hate to admit it, people love Ron Artest. Last night was really a test for him, and I think he handled it very well. His explanation for why he went after Kobe was not only very believable, but I think every non-Lakers fan on the planet wishes they could do the same thing. This Rox team is experiencing a huge swing in fan support outside of this city right now. I'm lovin it.

2. rox4lyf

rox4lyf Member

there's a reason why everyone outside of LA hates the Lakers. It goes back to the Jerry West days. "Anybody but LA".

3. GlenRice

GlenRice Member

already posted