1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Anyone get lasik surgery before?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by astros123, Oct 3, 2015.

Tags:
  1. astros123

astros123 Member

i just bought the groupon for the 2 eyes for 1400 dollars, I hate wearing contacts as im always traveling but im kinda nervous obviously...

anyone else comment?

2. roxxfan

roxxfan Contributing Member

I got lasik once. I died in the middle of the procedure. However, my vision was so perfect I could see through the light, and I came back to life.

3. chow_yun_fat

chow_yun_fat Contributing Member

I wouldn't go with affordable lasik when it comes to my eyes. I rather spend the $2k-3k or so and have it done right the first time rather than risk complications because I wanted to save a little.

I got mines done for free (company insurance), so I don't even know how much it would've normally cost.

4. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Got it done in June, one of the best things I've ever done. Vision is even better than 20/20 now.

Actual surgery was fine, eyes were super dry immediately afterwords. Took a long ass nap and was pretty much good from there.

5. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

Economy of scale has made it cheap and safe.

I don't know why anyone would choose to wear glasses.

6. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

I haven't had it, but I know some folks that have with mixed results. While all of them have improved vision, at least a couple continue to have to wear corrective lenses.

7. cebu

cebu Member

It won't work for double vision problem though.

8. cardpire

cardpire Member

what does traveling matter as far as wearing/not wearing contacts goes

9. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

"Molecules"
    [​IMG]

10. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

Probably related to sleeping on planes and having contacts still in the eyes.

11. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

God lasik done about a year ago. It has been great. I wasn't really excited for it when I got the procedure done, but man, not having the barrier of good vision and bad vision (framed glasses) or drying contacts is great. Wake up, perfect vision off the bat, no steps to get there. It's been a blessing.

12. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Dad and many other friends and family have, all positive results, everybody very happy. I think they did have to touch up one of my aunts eyes or something because she was complaining of a little blurriness out of one eye after the surgery and had to go back to the doctor, but it's fixed now and she's happy with it.

I have 20/20 In my left eye, but 20/40 in my right eye, it's not terrible I don't where glasses or contacts although I could use the treatment in my right eye to balance them out. I'm too much of a puss though, I have a phobia of going blind so I will probably never do this.