1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Anyone else embarrassed by Astros fans and Jim Crane?

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Senator, Jan 14, 2020.

1. Senator

Senator Member

All the hoo hah high and shaming going on when the most celebrated team in sports, the Patriots, merrily go about their way despite cheating in every aspect of the game? The Red Sox do the same but with more sophistication? The Yankees and Dodgers use unlimited payrolls to sign whoever they want decade after decade but it's a "fair game"? Why is a small market team suffering the brunt of the shaming while the big markets find ways to do it with pride? No one was taking drugs or corking bats. This isn't worth feeling guilty about. This is not your country club, Jim Crane, this is competitive sports at the highest level and players will look for an edge. What the league gained by making Hinch and Luhnow the fall guys is beyond me.

2. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Idgaf, I wore championship shirt after I heard the news.

3. Carter Le Grand

"Fall guys" is not accurate. They are being made an example of; a deterrent to for the other teams, (they will all have to figure a better way to cheat now)

4. dmoneybangbang

It was tough and took quite a bit of doing ... but I managed to wipe my ass with a Yankees hat.

5. House Rockets

House Rockets Member

What they gained is getting the Astros out of their beloved Yankees way by Punishing the Manager and GM. That's the most important thing to the MLB in this whole situation. If i'm not mistaken, the Patriots have still not been punished for what they did this season. So if you are one of the golden teams of a sport, you can get away with cheating, and if you aren't, they will put the hammer down and make an example out of you. Complete BS.

6. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

I live in the DFW area and people at work gave me crap yesterday when news broke out but don't faze me none. We still got that WS ring. We won it all playing at LA and no amount of cheating could make up for the choke job the Dodgers did on the mound (Hansen, et al) and in the dugout (Roberts).

ipaman, Tfor3, jiggyfly and 6 others like this.
  7. dmoneybangbang

Tell them thanks for Beltran bringing his cheating ways from the rangers to the Astros.

8. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

“remember when you guys lost in 2011 to the cards? Gues who was working for St. Louis?”

9. lw17

lw17 Member

They just want to see the Dodgers/Yankees in the World Series.........I hope the Astros prove the league wrong.

10. jim1961

jim1961 Member

I am not embarrassed by Crane or Astros fans. I am embarrassed by the players reckless pursuit and disregard for the consequences. But even more than the players, Cora should have known better.

11. BeBreezy

BeBreezy Member

I can't look at the players the same anymore. They should've known better, epsecially the vets.

12. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

I tend to agree and am on the fence...Not that I condone what happened, but that no one did anything to stop it....It's one of those moments you wish you can take back, but can't...As someone said above, we still won on the road, should've won at least one damn home game this year and it'd be a different story...

Let's all just try and move forward and support our guys....My buddy brought up a good point yesterday, as we would normally do a road game this year, but now we're like eh...However, if there was a city would could go to, it would be Boston bc we both cheated haha #sorrynotsorry

13. thedreamsteam

thedreamsteam Member

14. VanityHalfBlack

Would you wear it outside of Houston?

15. VanityHalfBlack

Why do you have a Yankees hat in the first place?

Tfor3 likes this.
  16. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

To wipe his ass. Come on, keep up

17. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

All day everyday...

you see, i hate the cowboys and their fans but i respect the hell out of them because they keep it real. they are not self loathing, over critical, feeling sorry for themselves, punk ass b****es. they are brazen, unapologetic, full on die hard zealots for their team in the face of anything.

Rockets fans, Astros fans, Texans fans, Houston fans in general are the type to be first in the pile when folks are piling on. It sad and pathetic fan base behavior imo.

jklb likes this.
  18. VanityHalfBlack

LOL, I hear yah man, but if he paid for the hat, they still won. Unless he jacked it or something. I wouldn't even touch that hat with a ten ft poll brotha.

Tfor3 likes this.
  19. VanityHalfBlack

I hear yah man. Some Houston Fans are snowflakes but I'll take them any day of the week over them sorry ass Dallas or other Texas cities.

ipaman likes this.
  20. VanityHalfBlack

Come on Houston, we gotta ban together! No division!