1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Anyone Else Annoyed By Certain Sounds People Make?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Kruze10, Nov 8, 2018.

1. Gdaliya

Gdaliya Member

"Hate must make a man productive. Otherwise one might as well love."

Karl Kraus

I had the same problem while working in my previous job, one of the best decisions of my life was to leave and never look back but i have the feeling that you cant do that yourself.

B-Bob likes this.
  2. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Occasionally, my stomach makes a really loud noise that actually sounds like a fart. It's the worst. Nothing like people thinking you farted in a meeting...and it's not even true.

What am I supposed to say? "Let me jump in here, Beth, if you don't mind. That noise you just heard wasn't actually a fart, it was just my stomach. Even though I'm sure it sounded like a fart. Okay, sorry. Just wanted to put that out there. Now, what were you saying about those email stats from the last campaign deployment?"

3. Kruze10

Kruze10 Member

Honestly, most people don't care for it. Even designers, writers, photographers, they would rather have their own private space.

Also, drinking at work is the best... most of the time.

Nook likes this.
  4. BruceAndre

BruceAndre Member

I LOLd. Oh and get rid of the Christmas parties. No one likes them. Just give them that time off instead. They'll love you for it.

5. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

So, you just clip your nails directly to the floor in your office? LOL

Kruze10 likes this.
  6. Kruze10

Kruze10 Member

It's like walking in Texas Roadhouse with all the peanut shells on the floor.

CCity Zero likes this.
  7. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

My office has 3 desks in it. They have tried to put two different people in here. One of them went to another office after a week, so I must have been the annoying one. The second person is cold all the time. All the time. So they brought a space heater, which was insane. A space heater in ****in August in Houston??? Dafuq??? Then that person told me they wanted to bring a min-elliptical to put under their desk to "exercise" while working. Also, this person said that the elliptical is old and makes a loud noise while in use. They asked me, would you be OK with that?

So the question I was being asked was: "Hey, I want to make this room a ****ing god damned sauna. Then I want to bring in a loud clicking noise. You good with that?"

Um, no. No, I'm not good with that. So I am back to being solo in my 3-desk office, and it looks like it will stay that way.

8. Supermac34

Supermac34 President, Von Wafer Fan Club

Got a job where I work from home. Problem solved.

Although people that forget to mute during conference calls and are breathing into their mic annoy me.

KingCheetah likes this.
  9. Supermac34

Supermac34 President, Von Wafer Fan Club

If nobody likes the Christmas party, it means its not being done correctly. At my old company we LOVED the Christmas parties. Spouses/significant others were invited, free flowing booze, big bonuses and prizes, usually at a really nice venue.

10. K LoLo

K LoLo Member

Guy at work used to randomly whistle.

KingCheetah likes this.
  11. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I try to get them into a trashcan I pull over, but let's be honest, I'm not shooting 100%. They vacuum every night. Perfect setup.

12. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

The only thing that really annoys me is sitting around people that sit in the same section but instead of one person getting up and walking over to talk to the other one calls the other and then they have a very loud conversation on speaker. This scenario has happened to me in several offices and is something I just don't understand. Seriously, I'd rather you just yelled down the hall at each other.

13. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

The loud moaners/screamers. I get that it feels good, but neighbors etc definitely don't appreciate it and definitely don't want a noise complaint

14. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

15. Surfguy

There is always that one woman who has the very loud, obnoxious laugh and has no problem bursting out multiple times a day. And, it literally reverberates throughout the entire floor.

All you can do is roll your eyes. No...no one is trying to work here. Please...continue.

#35 Surfguy, Nov 9, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2018
  16. GIGO

GIGO Member

17. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

It’s common for musicians to have a heightened sensitivity to sound, I’ve always hated the sound of other people eating. I put these two facts about myself together after a reading an article made the connection.

18. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

One of my employees used to do this constantly, and it bothered everybody in the office. I had to have a long talk with him about what is and isn't appropriate in the office.

19. Surfguy

There is always some idiot walking through the work halls whistling out loud like he doesn't have a care in the world. lol

20. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Kruze10 likes this.