1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Any updates on Yao's ankle, please post here 11-5-07

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Tfor3, Nov 6, 2007.

Tags:
  1. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Thanks so much. I'm really concerned that he might have sprained something and that he was just playing through it and the bad news comes tomorrow :mad:

Chron.com mentioned only that it was a scare and that he got back up: That is a lame update.

2. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

I think he's fine... looked like he rolled it. I'm more concerned about his wrists as they looked like they snapped like twigs when Mike James hit him right in the hands with an alleyoop pass.

3. rsx_htown

rsx_htown Contributing Member

he is fine after a good night sleep he will be ready to roll taped up tomm night

4. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

thanks, I just thought omg, here we go again.....last year it was right before xmas and this year right after Halloween

whew, flashbacks of Yao holding his leg in pain last year.

I'm so afraid that he will go the way of Ralph Sampson...all potential, no titles.

think positive......... :p

5. Murph23

Murph23 Rookie

Think positive? How about Yao holding onto the damn ball and not committing so many turnovers.

6. SmitingPurpleEm

He committed one turnover.

7. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

this is an injury thread, so I won't respond to that.

thanks

8. tsunami

tsunami Member

oh you on attack mode, I wish you were on court.

9. IROC it

IROC it Contributing Member

I know he's not on our roster, but I was more surprised that Josh Howard got back after he was helped off the court. I saw his ankle wobble in both directions...

I'd come closer to saying his injury will be felt tomorrow.

Yao's just become more cautious.

10. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

I watched the whole game and somehow missed the j.ho thing. :mad:

When did that happen and any other details :confused:

11. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

These are the times in which our depth will help us. Bonzi really wrecked the Spurs in the playoffs, and now it's time to see if we can get that part of the offense going again. I think Yao was needed more for Dallas than San Antonio simply because Dallas had no answer for Yao in the past, but we all know how that turned out :( .

12. shipwreck

shipwreck Member

I'm pretty sure he landed on Tmac's ankle when coming down from a shot(?). It looked bad though, his ankle rolled both ways and he looked like it was really ailing him as he limped to the bench. The Mavs lose more without Howard on the floor than with anyone else on their team, including Dirk. He is the hard nosed defense, hustle-heart glue guy that raises their team defense to outperform itself. I hate him so much, would love to see him miss time!