1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Any good PC games? Sports preferred

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by tierre_brown, May 5, 2010.

1. tierre_brown

tierre_brown Contributing Member

As I don't own a console, was wondering what some of the good games are. Prefer sports, not the graphic intensive FPS or anything like that. Had Madden 2007 (last year it was available on PC, with Vince Young on the cover) but it got kind of boring. I tried Head Coach (2007?) and enjoyed it but was bogged down with incredible minutiae that made it less fun IMO.

Was also playing Tiger Woods beta for a while but was looking for something in either baseball/football/basketball. Any suggestions? I know I'm SOL with respect to EA games (since they no longer offer their popular sports title on PC), but is there anything else out there that is a fun play with possible dynasty mode? Even online games?

2. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

dynasty (simulation, fake players, no graphics) game i play the crap out of: http://www.whatifsports.com/HBD/Pages/Main/

Their Hoops Dynasty game is ok, though it's gotten worse and more boring over time (I quit last year)... their Gridiron Dynasty game involves way too much of the minutia you mentioned so I quit that more quickly than the others.

But the one I linked you to, Hardball Dynasty, is their best-developed and most enjoyable game. I'd be glad to help you get started and all if you decided to join. I might even be able to get you in one of my worlds since one is in the World Series right now.. we'll see if a team opens up

3. Canadiandude

Canadiandude Member

Sports PC gaming really suck.

As far as baseball goes, MLB 2K series is way behind PS3's MLB The Show in the standings. The game physics in MLB 2k is a joke and has an overall generic feel to the baseball experience.

Football, you already have Madden 2007 or 2008? You have VY on the cover so you probably have 2008. There are some amazing mods (@ football-freaks.com) that will give a lot of replay value to your old CD-ROM.

Basketball, if you already have NBA 2k9, I can't highly recommend 2k10, but for it's price, it's still a solid purchase, and you can play the franchise mode online.

Soccer... well, not sure if you're into soccer, so I'll leave this out.

All in all, as far as sports pc gaming goes, the NBA 2k series is your best bet.

1 person likes this.
  4. da_juice

da_juice Member

Get Civ IV, after that you won't need anything else

5. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Yesssss.....join.....ussss.....

6. tierre_brown

tierre_brown Contributing Member

Thanks for the comments guys, the reason I prefer sports over more intensive games is because I don't want to get sucked (back) into the whole game every day mode.

kaleidosky - yeah I've been on whatifsports for a while now, haven't had a dynasty run for quite a bit though. It's a great sim game, but I'd kind of like the option of playing too.

Canadiandude - thanks for the comprehensive list. I'll check out MLB2K10. I did have a good time dominating on the old 2k series, with Roy Oswalt pitching like 30 CG and even chipping in 15 HRs. :grin: But even back then the game physics weren't great. I'll sign up for football-freaks and drop you a referral if you want, just need to find my old Madden install CD. I'll have to give NBA2k10 a shot, did they fix the trade abilities on it? It seems like the computer would always pull ridiculous trades, and FA wasn't much better...I also do like soccer games, but only World Cup as I have to represent Korea Republic. Thanks for the response, man, I'll definitely check out the 2k games and look for my old Madden CD.

da_juice/Xerobull - lol, when I have more time, I think I'll hop back onto gaming more and will definitely consider Civ IV.

Thanks for the responses guys!