1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Antonio Brown to the Texans?

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by DaBeard, Jul 2, 2020.

1. Deuce Rings

Deuce Rings Contributing Member

[​IMG]
    LAMAR JACKSONQB, BALTIMORE RAVENS
    [​IMG]
    Lamar Jackson believes free agent WR Antonio Brown is "the type of guy we need in our locker room."
    Said no one in the last two years. "I can tell in him he wants to win, We want to play ball," Jackson said in a conversation with team reporters. Jackson worked out with Brown this offseason, and second-year WR Marquise Brown is Antonio's cousin. Brown's 2019 season was full of twists and turns - from foot blisters to a helmet disaster in Raiders' camp, to playing one game for the Patriots before a number of off-field issues derailed his year and potentially a Hall of Fame career. Still, he has a believer in Jackson. Brown certainly will face league punishment if he does sign for a team this season.

RELATED:
    SOURCE: Todd Karpovich on Twitter
    Jul 29, 2020, 12:47 PM ET

2. J.R.

J.R. Member

Suspended 8 games...

[​IMG]

Antonio Brown's eight-game suspension takes effect Week 1, regardless of whether he's on a roster -- and could be extended if further violations are found related to an ongoing civil suit in Florida, per source.

Antonio Brown's next hearing in the civil suit -- related to sexual harassment and sexual assault allegations levied by his former trainer -- is scheduled for Sept. 15, shortly after Week 1.

So this eight-game suspension for free-agent WR Antonio Brown closes the NFL's personal conduct investigation into a felony case involving a truck driver, and an allegation by an artist. Investigation into allegations by former trainer ongoing.

3. PhiSlammaJamma

There's nothing in Antonio Browns past, personally or professionally, that is compelling enough to convince anyone he won't completely torpedo the situation. Ticking time bomb. The only good news is that when it does blow the contract is negligible. But any team will still need to pick up the pieces and that takes time. I hope he wrecks the Ravens. What they need is a clutch player. That's not AB, who has done nothing in the big moments over an entire career.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  4. raining threes

Why do you hope he wrecks the Ravens?

5. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I can think of lots of reasons. For me it would be like rooting for the Jazz or Lakers as a Rockets fan, or rooting for the Yankees as an Astros fan. Past history and bad blood. I'll always think of the Ravens as the dirty birds.

6. raining threes

What bad blood is there between the Texans and Ravens. Other than the Ravens beating the Texans in every meanigful game? That's just jealuosy.

7. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

It stems back years ago from playoffs. They were a dirty team.

8. raining threes

Care to elaborate?

I liked the teams Ozzie put together. Take no prisoners type hard hitting teams.

9. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Deshaun > Lamar

10. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

I don’t recall the Ravens being dirty. Just had a genius for a GM who knew how to draft.

11. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

26 Dirtiest NFL Players Of All-Time
    https://sportscroll.com/26-dirtiest-nfl-players-of-all-time/

This is why I will always think of them as dirty. I hated that team, and still do. Besides, I only root for the Texans...LOL
    Anyone else is just the enemy.

#15 and #16 on the list. Terrell Suggs and Ray Lewis

raining threes likes this.
  12. J.R.

J.R. Member

13. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

We need Antonio Brown, if for nothing else than he can talk sh** back to BoB and get teapot to explode again. I'd love to see that.

14. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

People saying Houston wouldn't want AB.... On the contrary, why the hell would AB want to come here?

15. YOLO

YOLO Member

bc the texans are the only team in position desperate enough to give him a full number of snaps and be the #1 receiving option due to it's gaping hole at wr's

16. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

Did you see what we did with the last #1 receiving option?... I'm sure he saw it!

17. J.R.

J.R. Member

Good to know Texans have some interest.

18. Juxtaposed Jolt

"we're very satisfied with what we have."

Oh lord.

19. YOLO

YOLO Member

oh im sure he did. still doesn't dispel the fact that the texans are desperate at this point lol

20. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

We lose Sunday it’s absolutely on the table along with a trade for OBJ possibly.

Cleveland can say all they want OBJ can force their hand.