1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Another Vegas thread(Hotels, etc)

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by ferrari77, Dec 3, 2009.

Tags:
  1. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

I'm going to Vegas with my girl next month and was wondering if some of you Vegas regulars and others who've been a bunch of times can recommend hotels on the strip, places/sites to find good deals on hotels as well as places for 1st time visitors.(I've been there before but she hasn't).
    Also do y'all know of any places that females enjoy visiting when in Vegas- Stores, I believe Caesars palace has some good places but others would be helpful.

Thanks for the help and info y'all.

2. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

FAIL.

3. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Mesa Grill at Caesar's Palace. This is one of 4 Bobby Flay restaurants in existence. Good food.

4. BmwM3

BmwM3 Contributing Member

I recommend either the Venetian or Mirage.

5. boomboom

boomboom I GOT '99 PROBLEMS
    Supporting Member

Check out City Center. It is going to be a kickass compilation of stores/hotels/apartments.

http://www.citycenter.com/

Not sure about hotel availability or cost though.

If your girl is into shopping, check out...

Las Vegas Town Square (south Strip)
    http://www.townsquarelasvegas.com/

Las Vegas Premium Outlets (southwest of downtown)
    http://www.premiumoutlets.com/outlets/outlet.asp?id=58

Las Vegas Outlet Center (south of the airport, on Las Vegas Blvd)
    http://www.premiumoutlets.com/outlets/outlet.asp?id=61

Unfortunately, none of these are within walking distance.

For free stuff...check out the Bellagio garden. It's probably been redecorated for the holidays by now and is pretty cool to look at. After you're finished in the garden, walk back down the hallway a bit to see their melted chocolate "waterfall". It's located next to this Italian styled bakery. If you/her likes crepes, give them a try. My wife swears by them.

Have fun and good luck! :)

6. Vinsanity

Vinsanity Contributing Member

Bringing sand to the beach?

7. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Stopped reading after "I'm going to Vegas with my girl"...

you automatically eliminated half of the cool stuff to do in Vegas :cool:

8. King1

King1 Contributing Member

The Venetian and it's not even close. Bringing your girl is a really bad decision.

9. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

read some of the tourist guides to the place for all the free things to do and see on the strip (like the bellagio fountains, venetian canals, etc.)

shops: Venetian

restaurant: I second Mesa Grill

hotels to just see: go for the 5 star ones first... Bellagio, Venetian, Wynn, Mandalay Bay

There's a small mall up at the North end...it's nothing great, though.

as for good deals on hotels, you just need to do your research. there are always tons of deals. But here is one I saw recently--25% off all the MGM hotels (incl. Bellagio)

http://www.expedia.com/daily/promos....wd.promos.hotel.mgm.12.02.09&affcid=cj404255

I def. want to check out Aria and I've seen some people getting some good deals there via priceline and otherwise.

Girls also enjoy shows. any of the cirque du soleil shows work as a standard. Penn & Teller is a good compromise.

First trip to Vegas, there's too much to do. Gotta focus on a few things. Winter time when it's not terribly hot might be the time to walk the strip and see all the main hotels over a couple of days. Summer time would be the time to check out all the nice pools..

Way too much to write in this thread.

10. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

11. TRIQSTER

TRIQSTER Contributing Member

New hotel called the Aria @ City Center opens up on Dec. 15 I believe. Been building it for about 2.5 years now and seems pretty promising. City Center itself looks pretty bad bad ass. The Aria has somewhere between 1000-1100 rooms in it alone. Check out the website.

12. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

how many times have you been to Mesa Grill?

I've been twice and enjoyed my food, but I always get what they recommend.
    However, every other person has hated it.

13. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

For a romantic dinner, Maggiano's Little Italy.
    I took Hawaii sand to GALVESTON. :eek:

I don't think he's going there to enjoy the sand. I think he's going there to enjoy the sun.

#13 SwoLy-D, Dec 3, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2009
  14. EssTooKayTD

EssTooKayTD Contributing Member

I have to say, I ate at Mesa Grill in the Bahamas...was not all that. Was good, but not great to me.

As far as the OP goes...the hotel, just get a decent room. If you are in Vegas, you shouldn't spend THAT much time there anyway. Get a hotel room central to where you want to be hanging out in Vegas.

15. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

i know you didn't ask me, but I've only gone once. Plan on going back next time after being disappointed in multiple other nice places the last few times.

All 8 or 9 of us at the table absolutely loved it.. don't know who all hates it, but no one I know.

16. xcamm1

xcamm1 Member

Stayed at the Venetian in July. Was really nice. When I go back again I am staying at the Wynn. Visited most the hotels, and was most impressed with that one.

17. trickywhiteguy

I went to Vegas in June with my girl and we had a great time, we stayed at the MGM for 7 days, i cant remember the exact rate on the room but it was really cheap plus for $15 they will let you upgrade to a suite of your choice i would chose the Celebrity Suite, that was our favorite/ Plus the MGM has alot of specials that include free drinks, dinner and club access you just have to look around on the net. If your girl is somewhat into sports you can take her to the ESPN Zone restaurant at New York, New York, they have really good food plus plasma TV at each booth doesn't hurt. Also the Emerial restaurant inside the MGM has some really good food but is kinda expensive.

18. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

My wife and I have been once and I had the veal and it was one of the best meals I have ever had.

My brother and his family have been a number of times and always had a great experience.

19. rocketsfan34

rocketsfan34 Contributing Member

20. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Drinks at Mix- can't beat the view. the restaurant's fab as well, but not cheap.

Bouchon is good, but my fav sleep restaurant is Valentino in the Venetian, which has one of the best wine lists i've ever seen (mostly italian), and wonderful food.

and of course, Alize, top of the palms.