1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Another shooting

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by AleksandarN, Jul 28, 2019.

1. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

What narrative...

That thoughts and prayers are enough of a reaction to satisfy solving gun violence?

Or are you talking about the narrative that this is about political blaming when the shooter had Italian/Iranian descendants?

Oh about that....

https://www.nbcnews.com/tech/tech-n...ed-staple-white-supremacist-internet-n1035926

I mean... it you are offended that we might be calling out radicalized terrorists that read white supremacist manifestos then I guess you associate with that online culture. Do you go to 4Chan and share manifestos like Mein Kampf??

Then WTF are you so offended by?

White Supremacy radicalization = bad. What offends you so much about that “Narrative” unless you are part of that culture? Stop getting offended and take seriously the threat of online radicalization of other things besides Jihadi radicalization propaganda.

Also Chris Wray just the other day in a hearing stated that the majority of domestic terrorist acts investigated over the last year are white supremacy terrorism inspired. So don’t listen to me... listen to Trumps hand picked FBI Director.

But yeah on guns... your party does own the issue. That’s where the spotlight goes on that issue. That’s on you guys to solve and if you do nothing then blood is on the hands of the NRA/GOP. That’s just a reality that if you are uncomfortable with you need to call Ted Cruz or John Cornyn. That’s on the GOP to fix since they block any and all legislation and demonize everyone else who actually gives a flying F about doing something beyond Thoughts and Prayers.

#41 dobro1229, Jul 30, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2019
  2. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

3. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I mean, what narrative you want us to push?

Seems like another guy radicalized online by white power stuff, you want to talk about that?

dobro1229 likes this.
  4. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Is there another shooting yet?

5. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

You'd be surprised at how many of these kind of people fall into White Nationalism or push it. I've seen mixed Mulattos push it. I've seen an Egyptian guy before buy complete lock step into it.

I don't know if this guy was that, but he was reading the right literature for it, these people tend to think they are white passing enough that they'd be allowed into the ethnostate.

mdrowe00 likes this.
  6. mick fry

mick fry Member

Clayton Grigsby?

7. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

It is Bigsby, characters like him and Uncle Ruckus exist for a reason. There has always been a long history of just black people pushing and supporting white supremacy.

But the point being is that him being half-Iranian doesn't mean he can't be a white nationalist. When the guy is telling others to read "Might Is Right" I'm just going to assume he is. My guess is that the more we find out about this guy, if we do find out more, we'll discover that. He probably argues that he's enough white to pass as white, which is usually the go to argument for these people.

Also, his 'White twats' comment is pretty common on those type of forums. White Liberals are also on their hate lists since they see them as getting in the way of their dream ethnostate.

#47 JayGoogle, Jul 30, 2019
  8. HTM

HTM Member

Maybe he is a White Supremacist. IDK. TBD I suppose as we find out more about his life. There appears to be contradictory information. What I've read is was influenced by that 19th century "Might is Right" which has racist themes. That's a sign towards maybe a White Supremacist. Then you have the fact he was proud of his Iranian (Islamic Republic) heritage which would be odd for a White Supremacist. Then you look at the crime. He shot up the "Garlic Festival" - We've seen committed White Supremacist shootings over the years.... black churches have been targeted, Mosques... His White Supremacist ideals led him to shoot up a "Garlic Festival" ? Maybe. That seems odd though.

I guess a fuller picture will come out at some point... I wouldn't jump to conclusions though.

biff17, B-Bob and JayGoogle like this.
  9. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

He also hated the prices at the garlic festival. Was he against capitalism? Bernie-bro confirmed.

Yall are reaching to fit your political leanings.

10. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

User A: Go read Mein Kampf for the truth people.
    User B: Nazi
    User C: Wow, calling him a Nazi is a reach.

Again, when the guy is promoting noted white supremacy literature I don't think it is a reach at all. I'm not even stretching here, they are both books about the same subject, they are the exact same genre, teach the same things. This book, when it comes to racism, is right up there with Mein Kampf.

I think sometimes people assume a rationality to White Nationalists that doesn't exist :p they have crazy theories behind their belief system.

They argue about what is or isn't white all the time. I remember one big reddit it became such a big deal that they had to make a rule against it. "No arguing what is or isn't white." It's entirely possible that he thought Iranians were white. There was even a Stormfront thread on this very question, on if Iranians can be considered white...in fact, I just found a quote from this thread...lol here you go...

I think him reading that book, promoting it, complaining about 'Mestizos' overcrowding his city, that's enough hints for me personally. I think the place he decided to shoot up isn't so important if he just wanted to cause violence.

I don't know if the shooting was racially motivated, as you say, he could have shot up other places if that was his motivation...but you don't promote literature without being some kind of white supremacist or ally to white supremacy. It may not be his motivation, but that entire belief system is built on violence and domination so it probably didn't help him.

#50 JayGoogle, Jul 30, 2019
    mdrowe00 likes this.
  11. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

I feel so much safer knowing that responsible gun shop owners like "Big Mike" are making such detailed psychological assessments before releasing assault weapons to teenagers who bought them anonymously on his website.

Keep on protectin' that 2nd Amendment, Big Mike! God bless Amurica!

12. edwardc

edwardc Member

Yep this morning in good ole mississippi.

13. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

There are two things as alluded to above:

Not reaching here: No fingers pointed. The Republican Party under Trump decides its own level of involvement in white supremacy indoctrination. Don't get mad at us for saying someone is obviously inspired by Mein Kampf when its posted on the guys social media. Mein Kampf = bad. That's not controversial, and everyone "should" agree & not get defensive about that statement.

I personally don't think that's fair to yourself and many others on this forum honestly.

On the subject of guns... yeah... I'm definitely Reaching here. Definitely fingers pointed. That is on the Republicans as an accepted damage risk you are obviously okay with. That blood is on the hands of the GOP/NRA until they actually show some minimum level of effort to do something... anything. You don't want to ban assault weapons fine... do something or the blood is clearly on your leaderships hands. That is a fact. Sorry if that reality offends you. Please call Ted Cruz or John Cornyn if you want them to do more that Thoughts and Prayers... regardless of how much you love guns. Do something.

#53 dobro1229, Jul 30, 2019
    edwardc likes this.
  14. mick fry

mick fry Member

Yeah that's it Bigsby.. It will be interesting how this develops.

15. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

This hasn't been confirmed.

16. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

17. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

18. Sanctity

Sanctity Member

******* Guido Pfisters!!!!