1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Another Major Flip-Flop by Agent Orange

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by adoo, Apr 21, 2017.

1. adoo

adoo Member

In A speech Agent Orange gave in October 2016 in Gettysburg, Pennsylvania, he said

"On Nov. 8th, Americans will be voting for this 100-day plan to restore prosperity to our country,
    secure our communities and honesty to our government. This is my pledge to you. And if we
    follow these steps, we will once more have a government of, by and for the people.
    And importantly, we will make America great again. Believe me."
    He expressly said that that the 2016 election was a referendum on his 100-day plan ! That if he won it would be because of a promise to implement a series of changes that would give power back to the people, and, in his own famous words "Make America great again."

Hell he even had a 100-day action plan on his website !

But, on the 92nd day of his presidency, Agent Orange has decided the idea of his first 100 days in office as a critical yard marker is bunk.

Just before 7 am eastern time, Agent Orange tweeted this:
    Follow
    [​IMG]Donald J. Trump

✔@realDonaldTrump

No matter how much I accomplish during the ridiculous standard of the first 100 days, & it has been a lot (including S.C.), media will kill!

3:50 AM - 21 Apr 2017

For the education of the ignoranus one,

the media didn't create the idea of the first 100 days as an important moment, FDR did.

Roosevelt saw the first 100 days of his term in 1933 as an absolutely essential moment to re-build
    momentum and optimism in a country that was still reeling from the Great Depression.

So, Agent Orange was for the 100 days mark mattering before he was against it ! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

It doesn't matter now because the report cards on his first 100 days aren't so rosy. You can bet that if Agent Orange was getting good marks for his first 100 days in office, this marker would be a critical and essential judgment on his presidency.

#1 adoo, Apr 21, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2017
  2. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I swear to God this cheeto crusted goon has a multiple personality disorder.

Yung-T likes this.
  3. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Funny how he phrases this tweet. He accomplished "a lot including SC" implying that he has a long list of accomplishments and he picked SC just off the top of his head. In fact, SC is his ONLY accomplishment and he knows it. Which is why it's the only thing he specifically mentions...

Yung-T likes this.
  4. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

But he is alpha male, the best president ever.

5. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

And Gorsuch at best has an asterisk... it required the Senate going to nuclear to get him passed.

6. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Trump is nothing but one big walking contradiction with a laughable sense of irony.

Just go down the list of everything he's contradicted himself over and over again for years, and its baffling that he has ever been taken seriously about anything. The only thing consistent about Trump is he's always going to be looking out for Trump and Trump alone, and will say whatever he needs to say at the moment to stay relevant.

Governing historically gets harder and harder after the first 100 days. Trump is an outlier in many ways so if you are supporter you are probably thinking he will beat the odds once again and that there is nowhere to go from here but up, but I fear that the only things that could boost Trump up at this point are the Democrats self imploding the grassroots movement that Trump has created, or more war that will lead to temporary boosts in popularity. However ask George W. Bush how long that chest pounding war led popularity lasts in this country?

RocketWalta and Yung-T like this.
  7. RocketWalta

RocketWalta Member

Trump would do well to take a cue from past presidencies here. I understand he considers himself somewhat of a change agent in DC but he will continue to hemorrhage support if he insists on attacking the media, Democrats, and institutions of government in a country he's been tasked with leading. He hasn't been a particularly inspiring president in his first 100, to say the least. And the easily verifiable contradictions like this one have been depressingly comical.

But in general, is anyone all that surprised that Trump has been stifled or had to reverse many of his early policy proposals?

First of all, his inconsistent business success was marked w/ utilization of, let's call them "bluffing skills." It's just a natural evolution from real estate swindler to novice politician. But he also was never going to able to jam legislation through a fractious Republican party easily and the Democrats have no incentive to work w/ a historically unpopular president. He's also learning the hard way that the presidency is a tireless and complicated endeavor. In short, we kind of elected a moron to be leader of the free world.

Trump had an opportunity early in his presidency to reach across the aisle and start with something like infrastructure to calm down his detractors. 8 more days till we have our first barometer for this presidency but it's clear hes not going to do that. The lone bright spot I see so far is that Trump's ego is malleable enough to get him to reverse his positions on key issues to make some gains for the American people. As long as he surrounds himself with the garbage like the people below he'll continue to tarnish this country's influence and potential as well as the Trump brand he's proven to be extremely sensitive about.

[​IMG]

8. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Surprised? It's the main reason I preferred Trump to Cruz. I was counting on him not being smart or savvy enough to accomplish the things he set out to do.

pirc1 likes this.
  9. RocketWalta

RocketWalta Member

I heard this a lot during the primary but I don't know Juan, incompetency at this level makes me a bit nervous for this country's future. It's an awful precedent, in my estimation. Perhaps I'm looking at it wrong though and this will be a blip. I'm in a wait and see mode w/ Trump now and it's true there hasn't been much that he's been able to do other than cast about like he did on the campaign trail. Still early though. And we all know the delicate balancing act that is U.S. foreign policy in the 21st century.

10. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Wouldn't it be great if ... we Make America Great Again

Wouldn't it be great if ... if we build a wall and had Mexico pay for it

Wouldn't it be great if ... I drained the swamp

Wouldn't it be great if ... I had a plan to defeat ISIS in 30 days

Wouldn't it be great if ... I were smarter than the generals

Wouldn't it be great if ... of winning so much that we got tired of winning

Trump speaks ... marketing pitches.

11. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I agree with you. Failing to execute his domestic agenda might be incrementally better than him succeeding at it, but not knowing what you're doing in international relations is really, really dangerous. The good news is that the Administration will get better with experience.

12. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

Don't forget replacing the ACA with something fantastic, reversing the Iran deal, declaring China a currency manipulator, exposing the obsolescence of NATO, having a blind trust, being too busy to golf, releasing taxes, compiling a report on Russian hacking, holding a press conference on Melania's immigration, locking Hillary up, and reporting on the 3 million illegal votes.

13. pirc1

All I have to say is the voting public is too easily manipulated.

14. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Most people didn't vote for him.

15. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Heck... none here if you believe all the right wingers here (except Rocket Legend).

16. pirc1

Enough voted for him that he is the president. Just imagine if someone like Hitler got elected instead of Trump, don't tell me it could not happen in this country.