1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Another Hair Loss Thread

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Lil Pun, Apr 2, 2009.

1. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

Man, oh man. Today I had the a third person tell me my hair is thinning on top. My best friend told me a couple of months ago, my dad mentioned it to me about a month ago, and my cousin mentioned it to me today as well as all my gray hairs. I'm not really worried about the gray but the thinning is troublesome.

Some of you may remember from past threads that I keep my hair cut low anyway, almost bald in fact but there still remains some very light stubble. If I am going bald, then that means it will still be noticeable even with my usual cut and I'm not sure about the cleanly shaven look on my freaking scalp, my head is already the size of a hot air balloon. LOL! :D

I thought about visiting the doctor because I'm only 28 (turn 29 in about 2 weeks) which doesn't seem like a high enough age to start thinning of hair but I honestly do not know the statistics on the subject. What is weird is none of the mean I have met in my family on either my father or mother's side were bald. None.

Anyway, I am wondering what type of advice you guys have for me if any at all?

1 person likes this.
  2. BigSherv

BigSherv Contributing Member

Look it up in the other threads. Some group of guys will have the same advice.

3. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

There is a strong correlation between baldness, blindness and masturbation. :eek:

4. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

link!?

5. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

anytime i think i'm getting old and i may be balding i think of my friend who starting losing his hair at 23 and already has the jvg look at 26. i feel so much better about myself.

6. TheBigAristotle

You're lucky. Try having this problem at 19. I started losing my hair in the front (the area of "doom" according to many websites, and there's nothing really you can do about the frontal pattern hair loss) around 19. I'm 22 now and no amount of shampoos, minodoxil (generic rogaine), rogaine, etc has done a single thing.

So the uplifting news is, you're doomed, lol.

It depends also what type of hair loss you have. If it's not around your temples/just behind the top of your forehead, you stand a decent chance of something working. Oddly enough, there's no solution to male pattern baldness in the front. There just isn't. Maybe one day, but the hormones (DHT) believed responsible for all other areas of hair loss, just aren't responsible for frontal area hair loss, which blows of course. Try rogaine, try propecia (prescription pill, about $35-45 depending on insurance, blocks the DHT believed to be responsible for hair loss), try hair loss shampoos. See if any of those work for you.

I was and still am insecure about it. The bald look only works with certain people, the simple fact is the people that are like "oh yeah, just shave it all off. You won't look bad bald. Women think bald is sexy" are A) not bald and not going bald at all and B) don't know what they're talking about. Shut...the...hell...up. Not everyone looks like Vin Diesel when they go bald. Some people have domes the size of air balloons (much like you and me, lol) or oval shaped heads where bald DOESN'T look good. The good news is, we're rich now and I can now head to Bosley and get the hair transplant/restoration that costs $8000-$10000. Not really, but we did sell my grandma's house finally and so we're using the money from it to repair the foundation, get my dad's headstone, and "repair" my hair. Monday after next I go under the knife, I'll post how it goes if well ;).

Good luck in your journey.

7. fmullegun

fmullegun Contributing Member

if you are old enough to have a kid you are old enough to go bald

fmullegun (no kids)

8. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

Embrace that which you can not change and then you will find happiness.